It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what made the crazy kid do crazy kid things?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
He was probably MKUltra'd or a victim of mind control like many radicalized, estranged shooters are. He wasn't working alone, it's clearly evident.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

An insightful and appreciated reply. And I don't disagree with you.

But I think Q is trying very hard to conflate right-leaning with the shooter's motivation out of one side of the mouth while trying to innocently proclaim that isn't what they are trying out of the other. Not have actual discourse.
edit on 16-7-2024 by SideEyeEverything1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Soo is confirmed that the shooter bought the ladder in Home Depot, that was not a small ladder, he was allowed to carry that ladder and set it to the side of the building.

This is becoming so obvious it sounds ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

That's what you are doing now, posting childish nonsense as a form of 'running away', 'look over here, not over there', your MO.

so you won't be backing up your words? I never saw that coming.

I will as soon as you do. Waiting.

I'll play, but just long enough to make you look as stupid as I think you are, then I'm out.

www.newyorker.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

democrats.org...

We were discussing Republican on Republican violence, where are the sources that this is not happening?

right next to the link you aren't a bot.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That's what you are doing now, posting childish nonsense as a form of 'running away', 'look over here, not over there', your MO.

so you won't be backing up your words? I never saw that coming.

I will as soon as you do. Waiting.

I'll play, but just long enough to make you look as stupid as I think you are, then I'm out.

www.newyorker.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

democrats.org...

We were discussing Republican on Republican violence, where are the sources that this is not happening?

right next to the link you aren't a bot.

Do better, Dude bot dude?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Soo is confirmed that the shooter bought the ladder in Home Depot, that was not a small ladder, he was allowed to carry that ladder and set it to the side of the building.

...the side of the SAME building that the protection team was using as a command center/HQ!
edit on CamTue, 16 Jul 2024 11:29:31 -0500Tuesday 1amJuly20247 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: Terpene

My guess is still on family dynamics, being the main culprit for him snapping.

and you would be correct, and its a known fact that that both of his parents are behavioral counselors.

talks about his folks at the 4:01 mark.

you reckon they missed something?

I wonder if his parents have any associations with the CUA or Darpa?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

For sure. There’s a seal and green beret in my extended friend group. Both are incredibly humble guys who are a pleasure to talk to.

At the risk of sounding dumb, I think they often have an advantage over SS. When you’re deployed it’s implied you’re always in hostile territory. For the SS, I imagine you could often feel like you’re at home.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: Terpene

and you would be correct, and its a known fact that that both of his parents are behavioral counselors.

talks about his folks at the 4:01 mark.

you reckon they missed something?

As someone who’s lived with PTSD for almost 25 years,

Almost all (90% plus) counselors/psychologists/psychiatrists are messed up trash and or full of crap.

Very few of the 10% left can actually help.

I might be being generous. Feels more like 99% are absolute crap.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

What is nuts is that a behavior counselor owned a gun like this in the first place. What kind of behavior does he think is appropriate?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Me. I'm the poster.

You said he was motivated by political rhetoric.
You said he was right-leaning.

What facts did I get wrong?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything1
a reply to: quintessentone

Me. I'm the poster.

You said he was motivated by political rhetoric.
You said he was right-leaning.

What facts did I get wrong?

We are all speculating. My point is why ignore the violent political rhetoric on both sides?

No, his high school classmate said he was right leaning.

What political slant he had nobody knows.

What you got wrong is that you said he was right leaning now.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

For sure. There’s a seal and green beret in my extended friend group. Both are incredibly humble guys who are a pleasure to talk to.

At the risk of sounding dumb, I think they often have an advantage over SS. When you’re deployed it’s implied you’re always in hostile territory. For the SS, I imagine you could often feel like you’re at home.

Growing up where I did, I knew quite a few ex 22 reg blokes, I think in some regards their sort of jobs are way easier than protection.
Go to place A, do X or Y or Z and exfil. Thats pretty much it, I know a fair few only did close protection cos of the money or the chance to meet Angelina Jolie or something
Always gave me the impression that keeping someone safe was much tougher than proper soldiering.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Generally, no-one really knows all the reasons why people have shot at US Presidents in the past, but there is a lot of speculation.

I suppose part of the problem might be an armed population?

Also, despite the speculation, nobody has ever taken any effective action on a Federal level to stop it from happening.

That's where the American system breaks down. When there is a difficult bit of legislation, the States say it is a Federal issue and the Federal sides say it's a State issue to solve.

Plus there is a law in the Constitution that enables criminality and insanity. I'm fairly sure that people who shoot at politicians are asserting their 2nd amendment right to defend against tyranny with firearms.

edit on 2024-07-16T13:18:21-05:0001Tue, 16 Jul 2024 13:18:21 -050007pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Estimates show that 82,880,000 people own at least one firearm in 2023
ammo.com...

and yet, so few people take shots at the president. Maybe it's not the guns fault?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Terpene

It's about the age where the real non pubescent emancipation happens. Sometimes they do really stupid things to make a point...

I don't know I don't want to blame the parents yet, they are likely devastated, FWIW the father called the police when he heard of the shooting, and his son was late getting home.

Just saw a brief video from a classmate, it was semi-obvious he wasn't treated well, they were kind of teasing him. Thats the thing kids do when they are in school and with social media your classmates can reach out and touch you 24/7.

We had it back in the '70s too, but they would atleast get a break after hours or during summer, but if you didn't stand up for yourself you had a kick me sign in your back.

Your absolutely right. And now, let's apply this to the adult world and acknowledge that the Internet plays a significant role in the prevailing global chaos. Destructive, fanatical, progressive forces early have identified the Internet as their battleground, and so they spread their hate, lies, disinformation, ideology or alternative realities worldwide unfiltered 24/7.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

That List is pretty interesting (only the US Presidents).

Successful Assassinations:
Abraham Lincoln (April 14, 1865) - Assassinated by John Wilkes Booth.
James A. Garfield (July 2, 1881) - Shot by Charles J. Guiteau and later died from his wounds on September 19, 1881.
William McKinley (September 6, 1901) - Assassinated by Leon Czolgosz, died on September 14, 1901.
John F. Kennedy (November 22, 1963) - Assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald.

Attempted Assassinations:
Andrew Jackson (January 30, 1835) - Both pistols of the attacker Richard Lawrence misfired.
Theodore Roosevelt (October 14, 1912) - Shot by John Flammang Schrank while running for another term as president. He survived the attack.
Franklin D. Roosevelt (February 15, 1933) - Assassination attempt by Giuseppe Zangara before Roosevelt was officially inaugurated as president. Chicago Mayor Anton Cermak was fatally wounded.
Harry S. Truman (November 1, 1950) - Puerto Rican nationalists Griselio Torresola and Oscar Collazo attempted to assassinate Truman at Blair House. Torresola was shot dead by Secret Service agents.
John F. Kennedy (December 11, 1960) - Richard Pavlick planned a car bomb but changed his plans at the last minute.
Richard Nixon (February 22, 1974) - Samuel Byck attempted to hijack a plane to crash it into the White House.
Gerald Ford
(September 5, 1975) - Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme was stopped before she could shoot.
(September 22, 1975) - Sara Jane Moore fired at Ford but narrowly missed.
Jimmy Carter (May 5, 1979) - Raymond Lee Harvey was arrested before a planned shooting attack.
Ronald Reagan (March 30, 1981) - Shot and seriously injured by John Hinckley Jr.
George H. W. Bush
(April 13, 1993) - A planned car bomb attack by assassins connected to the Iraqi intelligence service during his visit to Kuwait, which was foiled.
Bill Clinton
(October 29, 1994) - Francisco Martin Duran fired a rifle at the White House; Clinton was inside but unharmed.
(September 12, 1994) - Frank Eugene Corder crashed a stolen small plane onto the White House's South Lawn.
George W. Bush
(May 10, 2005) - Vladimir Arutyunian threw a grenade during a speech in Georgia, but it failed to explode.
Barack Obama
(November 2011) - Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez shot at the White House with a semi-automatic rifle while Obama was not present.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

with so many guns, it's amazing there isn't an attempt a few times a day. Unless maybe it's not the guns......

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

He was severely bullied as a past classmate stated, plus the destructive rhetoric from both parties.

From the very little information about him so far, he seemed to be very much into politics. Any wonder why now?

Bullied? How bout he was a selected, groomed Manchurian Patsy? 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

He was severely bullied as a past classmate stated, plus the destructive rhetoric from both parties.

From the very little information about him so far, he seemed to be very much into politics. Any wonder why now?

Bullied? How bout he was a selected, groomed Manchurian Patsy? 🤣🤣🤣

Conspiracy theories abound around here today.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join