It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what made the crazy kid do crazy kid things?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: BernnieJGato

He did not live in a bubble with his parents, look to society and his interest in politics and social media...then listen to both sides rhetoric. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out.
He may as well have, when your peers shun you it’s natural to turn to family, was he an only child is what I’m wondering.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

He did not live in a bubble with his parents, look to society and his interest in politics and social media...then listen to both sides rhetoric. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out.
He may as well have, when your peers shun you it’s natural to turn to family, was he an only child is what I’m wondering.

Let's just ignore he was a political loner and the divisive political rhetoric from both sides, m kay?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What or who made the 20 year old kid so angry that he felt the need to kill a person he has never met? Was it the news? Social media? Trump himself? Biden himself? the answers are likely in his online world. Reports of the kid from those he was in school with say he was an outsider, bullied, teased, and shunned. So he was well on his way to disassociative behavior long before last Saturday.

What are a Normal persons reaction when they listen to the MSM for a year straight ? Donald Trump is going to destroy Democracy, Donald Trump said it's going to be a Bloodbath ! He is going to be a Dictator !! A normal Person hears all of this and does what ???

They Hopefully don't believe any of it but even if they do .... "They think Oh Wow I have to vote Against Trump "

Now take a CLEARLY Mentally ill person like Mr Crooks . What does he do ?? " He thinks Oh Wow I have to kill Trump "

The Media is to blame for all of this . They know very well there are Schizoid people out there who believe every bit of what they say.
edit on 16-7-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Terpene

My guess is still on family dynamics, being the main culprit for him snapping.
It's about the age where the real non pubescent emancipation happens. Sometimes they do really stupid things to make a point...

I don't know I don't want to blame the parents yet, they are likely devastated, FWIW the father called the police when he heard of the shooting, and his son was late getting home.

Just saw a brief video from a classmate, it was semi-obvious he wasn't treated well, they were kind of teasing him. Thats the thing kids do when they are in school and with social media your classmates can reach out and touch you 24/7.

We had it back in the '70s too, but they would atleast get a break after hours or during summer, but if you didn't stand up for yourself you had a kick me sign in your back.

Yes, and he was known to be political at a young age.

Another former classmate, Zach Bradford, told The New York Times that Crooks was “incredibly intelligent,” and that his politics were “slightly right leaning.”

www.msn.com... NewsSerp

He just didn't fit in, don't get me started I hear stories I have a family with a few teachers, and they all say kids can be brutal these days, it's the conform or be cast out BS.

He was political at a young age...I mean really, not many young people that age give a damn.

Greta does. She gives a damn. How dare you 🤣😂

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It's about the age where the real non pubescent emancipation happens. Sometimes they do really stupid things to make a point...

I don't know I don't want to blame the parents yet, they are likely devastated, FWIW the father called the police when he heard of the shooting, and his son was late getting home.

Just saw a brief video from a classmate, it was semi-obvious he wasn't treated well, they were kind of teasing him. Thats the thing kids do when they are in school and with social media your classmates can reach out and touch you 24/7.

We had it back in the '70s too, but they would atleast get a break after hours or during summer, but if you didn't stand up for yourself you had a kick me sign in your back.

Another former classmate, Zach Bradford, told The New York Times that Crooks was “incredibly intelligent,” and that his politics were “slightly right leaning.”

www.msn.com... NewsSerp

He just didn't fit in, don't get me started I hear stories I have a family with a few teachers, and they all say kids can be brutal these days, it's the conform or be cast out BS.

He was political at a young age...I mean really, not many young people that age give a damn.

Nothing will ever change, expect more political violence...your choice.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

What or who made the 20 year old kid so angry that he felt the need to kill a person he has never met? Was it the news? Social media? Trump himself? Biden himself? the answers are likely in his online world. Reports of the kid from those he was in school with say he was an outsider, bullied, teased, and shunned. So he was well on his way to disassociative behavior long before last Saturday.

What are a Normal persons reaction when they listen to the MSM for a year straight ? Donald Trump is going to destroy Democracy, Donald Trump said it's going to be a Bloodbath ! He is going to be a Dictator !! A normal Person hears all of this and does what ???

They Hopefully don't believe any of it but even if they do .... "They think Oh Wow I have to vote Against Trump "

Now take a CLEARLY Mentally ill person like Mr Crooks . What does he do ?? " He thinks Oh Wow I have to kill Trump "

The Media is to blame for all of this . They know very well there are Schizoid people out there who believe every bit of what they say.

It's pretty easy to see that aspect of this. It's been happening for 8 years. This kid was 20. So almost half of his life he has heard how Trump is the devil, Trump will destroy democracy, Trump will force women into camps, Trump will make abortion illegal, Trump will end elections and become a dictator. All it would take is for a kid to be screwed up in the melon, and believe some of these things to get exactly what we have here. But with the cascading failures, it's becoming increasingly difficult to just chalk it up as incompetence.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It's pretty easy to see that aspect of this. It's been happening for 8 years. This kid was 20. So almost half of his life he has heard how Trump is the devil, Trump will destroy democracy, Trump will force women into camps, Trump will make abortion illegal, Trump will end elections and become a dictator. All it would take is for a kid to be screwed up in the melon, and believe some of these things to get exactly what we have here. But with the cascading failures, it's becoming increasingly difficult to just chalk it up as incompetence.

That is BS because in high school his classmate said he was slightly right leaning, so your argument is trash-worthy.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Let's just ignore he was a political loner and the divisive political rhetoric from both sides, m kay?
Ok. I’ll join you in doing just that.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Ok. I’ll join you in doing just that.

Oh, forgot to add /sarc to that post.

/not sarc

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks mate... You are right, that is very noteworthy. The dude that sounded like alex Jones made me chuckle, can't miss an opportunity to praise Trump, he'll fix all the problems...

I was looking and only found a visual timeline on cnn..
Two of their clips are from the same area, one of the shooter getting in position and one when the shots are fired.
cnn visual timeline

I think i hear some of the same voices in the first cnn clip, seem to be the same position.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

www.msn.com... NewsSerp

Nothing will ever change, expect more political violence...your choice.

I will expect more political violence in America. From the left. It was only a mostly peaceful assassination attempt to kick off another ‘season of love’ 🙄

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

www.msn.com... NewsSerp

LOL Im not making any definitive conclusions Doctor, just discussing the situation.

Was he radicalized sure, but how come millions of boys his same age and with worse problems don't climb on a hot roof, and take potshots at DJT while dozens of the Pennsylvania State Police force are in the building right below.

It sounds so ludicrous it's brilliant he literally got lost in all the police in an unsecured staging area, no sane person would try that.

It makes the Secret Service point out that Penn State PD could have been more vigilant too.

The motivations of the shooter are secondary to the priority of ending the violent political rhetoric, acknowledging death threats to both candidates and other politicians because this will only continue without change.

This fits under the broader and obvious conclusion collectively more and more people seem to be losing touch with reality or have coping skills to separate themselves from the noise. We want to talk about Crooks, respectfully he just reacted differently to the same societal stimuli we all receive in varying doses. My generation wasn't as plugged into politics at all, which in my estimation is the snapback from the 60s and early 70s turmoil. This goes in cycles too, it's part of a diverse country of 330 million plus, growing pains and evolving.

Hinckley by all accounts grew up in a wealthy family and wasn't ostracized at all, yet he had the same resulting action.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

That is BS because in high school his classmate said he was slightly right leaning, so your argument is trash-worthy.

Yea, I suppose none of that happened. BTW, why not give some examples of the right saying things like that.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yea, I suppose none of that happened. BTW, why not give some examples of the right saying things like that.

You just keep supposing and I'll keep calling our your BS.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You going to be the samaritain that stems the loses of all the affected media companies?

Although i agree with your hippie ramble that # doesn't sell...

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

www.msn.com... NewsSerp

LOL Im not making any definitive conclusions Doctor, just discussing the situation.

Was he radicalized sure, but how come millions of boys his same age and with worse problems don't climb on a hot roof, and take potshots at DJT while dozens of the Pennsylvania State Police force are in the building right below.

It sounds so ludicrous it's brilliant he literally got lost in all the police in an unsecured staging area, no sane person would try that.

It makes the Secret Service point out that Penn State PD could have been more vigilant too.

The motivations of the shooter are secondary to the priority of ending the violent political rhetoric, acknowledging death threats to both candidates and other politicians because this will only continue without change.

This fits under the broader and obvious conclusion collectively more and more people seem to be losing touch with reality or have coping skills to separate themselves from the noise. We want to talk about Crooks, respectfully he just reacted differently to the same societal stimuli we all receive in varying doses. My generation wasn't as plugged into politics at all, which in my estimation is the snapback from the 60s and early 70s turmoil. This goes in cycles too, it's part of a diverse country of 330 million plus, growing pains and evolving.

Hinckley by all accounts grew up in a wealthy family and wasn't ostracized at all, yet he had the same resulting action.

That's what it appears to me, more and more people choosing extremist violence instead of realizing the political noise serves nobody but the political candidates.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I really don't like seeing people hurt. I taught my son to look out for kids who weren't "in crowd" kids, and to this day, he has been that person. I wish more could be like that. We might have kids like this one, who by all accounts was very intelligent, able to live a great life, and do great things, rather than be a footnote in history and a greasy spot on a rooftop.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So was he slightly right-leaning or political enough to attempt to assassinate a former President/Presidential candidate that by all accounts he would logically support being "slightly" right leaning?

Please help me understand the logic of being a slightly right leaning person, but also a really political person, who would attempt to kill the person running on your preferred ticket?

Just come out and say what you want to say. Be as brave as the others here who are attempting to lay it at the feet of "right rhetoric" the majority of which is manufactured by the rabid left media and politicians. Or that Trump set it up himself or at least is to blame for the attempt on his life.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything1
So was he slightly right-leaning or political enough to attempt to assassinate a former President/Presidential candidate that by all accounts he would logically support being "slightly" right leaning?

Please help me understand the logic of being a slightly right leaning person, but also a really political person, who would attempt to kill the person running on your preferred ticket?

Just come out and say what you want to say. Be as brave as the others here who are attempting to lay it at the feet of "right rhetoric" the majority of which is manufactured by the rabid left media and politicians. Or that Trump set it up himself or at least is to blame for the attempt on his life.

The facts as stated by a former high school classmate is that he 'was' slightly right-leaning. What political leaning he had recently is unknown.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything1

The facts as stated by a former high school classmate is that he 'was' slightly right-leaning. What political leaning he had recently is unknown.

but it's critically important to repeat over, and over, and over again that he was right leaning, according to one kid. Once that narrative is questioned, it could be anything.... It's just comical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join