It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what made the crazy kid do crazy kid things?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything1
So was he slightly right-leaning or political enough to attempt to assassinate a former President/Presidential candidate that by all accounts he would logically support being "slightly" right leaning?

Please help me understand the logic of being a slightly right leaning person, but also a really political person, who would attempt to kill the person running on your preferred ticket?

Just come out and say what you want to say. Be as brave as the others here who are attempting to lay it at the feet of "right rhetoric" the majority of which is manufactured by the rabid left media and politicians. Or that Trump set it up himself or at least is to blame for the attempt on his life.

The facts as stated by a former high school classmate is that he 'was' slightly right-leaning. What political leaning he had recently is unknown.

but it's critically important to repeat over, and over, and over again that he was right leaning, according to one kid. Once that narrative is questioned, it could be anything.... It's just comical.

It was necessary for that poster because they had the wrong facts. Do better Dude.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Astrocometus

Maybe he just hoped he could for once have a peaceful family dinner without his TDS* ridden parents fussing over Trump?

*Trump Derangement Syndrom cuts both ways
Trump is the messia vs. Trump is Hitler

Nah, I think the odds are in my favor and your idea sucks,

edit on 16-7-2024 by Astrocometus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SideEyeEverything1

Someone could lean right and not like Trump.

I think it’s worth the attempt to understand people to look at their background.

But I never understood the race to figure out a shooters ethnicity, leaning, gender, ect. To see who to point the finger at.

There are crazy people out there. People are senselessly killed every day across the country by equally insane people. We’re lucky we don’t have more attempts on high ranking government people as it could worsen the already tense climate.

But we don’t have to assign guilt of one persons actions every time some lunatic does something none of us would do. We could still note on how we could all improve discourse so that the environment isn’t so tense that it can encourage bad actors, but ultimately no one else (to our knowledge) killed a trigger other than an individual who ultimately bears responsibility.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Quite insightful as I was just reading that Republicans are turning violent on each other these days.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: network dude

What or who made the 20 year old kid so angry that he felt the need to kill a person he has never met? Was it the news? Social media? Trump himself? Biden himself? the answers are likely in his online world. Reports of the kid from those he was in school with say he was an outsider, bullied, teased, and shunned. So he was well on his way to disassociative behavior long before last Saturday.

What are a Normal persons reaction when they listen to the MSM for a year straight ? Donald Trump is going to destroy Democracy, Donald Trump said it's going to be a Bloodbath ! He is going to be a Dictator !! A normal Person hears all of this and does what ???

They Hopefully don't believe any of it but even if they do .... "They think Oh Wow I have to vote Against Trump "

Now take a CLEARLY Mentally ill person like Mr Crooks . What does he do ?? " He thinks Oh Wow I have to kill Trump "

The Media is to blame for all of this . They know very well there are Schizoid people out there who believe every bit of what they say.

It's pretty easy to see that aspect of this. It's been happening for 8 years. This kid was 20. So almost half of his life he has heard how Trump is the devil, Trump will destroy democracy, Trump will force women into camps, Trump will make abortion illegal, Trump will end elections and become a dictator. All it would take is for a kid to be screwed up in the melon, and believe some of these things to get exactly what we have here. But with the cascading failures, it's becoming increasingly difficult to just chalk it up as incompetence.

Yes most of this is being labeled with Incompetence and that is of course where the 'FBI ' will leave it . I'd be surprised if the Secret Service Director doesn't resign or is asked to resign.

All that aside . There was Clear malicious intent behind this Assassination attempt and not just from Mr. Crooks . Someone realized what was happening in real time and allowed it to continue. It was only after it had become Blatantly obvious that Trump was being shot at that ' someone ' gave the go ahead to kill Crooks.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Quite insightful as I was just reading that Republicans are turning violent on each other these days.

why don't you provide some proof, kind of like you keep demanding. Show where all the right wing rhetoric against democrats is, so we can all see both sides of this, both sides you continue to claim are at fault. Bring links.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   

why don't you provide some proof, kind of like you keep demanding. Show where all the right wing rhetoric against democrats is, so we can all see both sides of this, both sides you continue to claim are at fault. Bring links.

I am tired of the only one providing proof, let's get it up everyone.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

LOL,

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Sadly this isn’t even necessarily unprecedented.

Here’s a write up with all the attempts and assassinations.

apnews.com...

I just think this would have sent the country into the worst societal climate as fallout from a successful shooting.

But sadly, there have been many failures.

I was listening to a podcast with an ex SS guy, and he said many of the agents have been saying there have been systemic problems for a while. He chalks it up as mistakes made in other professions. People do the same thing day after day and are clouded by a recent track record of nothing happening or being caught before it can.

That’s not to say that’s exactly what happened. But simply believing everyone is the best can form an aura of complacency.

I’m curious to see what comes out.

link   

That's what you are doing now, posting childish nonsense as a form of 'running away', 'look over here, not over there', your MO.

link   

I am tired of the only one providing proof, let's get it up everyone.

Mate come on really ? The kid was not Right Wing nor Do I think he was Left .

He was confused and When I saw the picture of him on the Roof my first thought was " Oh wow that looks like a girl " . Why would the kid look like a Girl and also be gunning for Trump .

Hmmmm Dots Connect to other Dots.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

That’s not to say that’s exactly what happened. But simply believing everyone is the best can form an aura of complacency.

Absolutely .

The most dangerous thing for a Special Operations unit or a High End Security Detail is COMPLACENCY . Day after Day of nothing happening you get into a fog . Then POP something happens and it takes a second to snap out of the routine. That is when people get killed.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

That's what you are doing now, posting childish nonsense as a form of 'running away', 'look over here, not over there', your MO.

so you won't be backing up your words? I never saw that coming.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Those moments you have seconds to react. If you have to think, that can be the difference of success or failure, life or death.

It would be incredibly hard to stay razor sharp when a vast majority of your career is just planing and going through the motions without event.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Absolutely .

The most dangerous thing for a Special Operations unit or a High End Security Detail is COMPLACENCY . Day after Day of nothing happening you get into a fog . Then POP something happens and it takes a second to snap out of the routine. That is when people get killed.

that's why I don't get the mistakes. Training. This is exactly what they are supposed to be there for. This is what they should have been training for from the first day they were hired. There are just too many mistakes. Too many, easy for an idiot to see, mistakes.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I will as soon as you do. Waiting.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Those moments you have seconds to react. If you have to think, that can be the difference of success or failure, life or death.

It would be incredibly hard to stay razor sharp when a vast majority of your career is just planing and going through the motions without event.

I think everyone should find a special operator to ask questions like this. They do/did this kind of thing for a living, and those of us who didn't/don't have no clue what that level of training is about. Trump would have been safer with some rednecks from Sampson county looking out for him, than this group. (my totally uninformed opinion)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'll play, but just long enough to make you look as stupid as I think you are, then I'm out.

www.newyorker.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

democrats.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I'll play, but just long enough to make you look as stupid as I think you are, then I'm out.

www.newyorker.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

democrats.org...

We were discussing Republican on Republican violence, where are the sources that this is not happening?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I think everyone should find a special operator to ask questions like this. They do/did this kind of thing for a living, and those of us who didn't/don't have no clue what that level of training is about. Trump would have been safer with some rednecks from Sampson county looking out for him, than this group. (my totally uninformed opinion)

The Hells Angels would love the job.

All they'd have to do is spot an assassin and he'd drop his firearm
and run away.

Pretty scary bunch those boys.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join