It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what made the crazy kid do crazy kid things?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: network dude

My guess is still on family dynamics, being the main culprit for him snapping.
It's about the age where the real non pubescent emancipation happens. Sometimes they do really stupid things to make a point...

I don't know I don't want to blame the parents yet, they are likely devastated, FWIW the father called the police when he heard of the shooting, and his son was late getting home.

Just saw a brief video from a classmate, it was semi-obvious he wasn't treated well, they were kind of teasing him. Thats the thing kids do when they are in school and with social media your classmates can reach out and touch you 24/7.

We had it back in the '70s too, but they would atleast get a break after hours or during summer, but if you didn't stand up for yourself you had a kick me sign in your back.

Yes, and he was known to be political at a young age.

Another former classmate, Zach Bradford, told The New York Times that Crooks was “incredibly intelligent,” and that his politics were “slightly right leaning.”

www.msn.com... NewsSerp

He just didn't fit in, don't get me started I hear stories I have a family with a few teachers, and they all say kids can be brutal these days, it's the conform or be cast out BS.

He was political at a young age...I mean really, not many young people that age give a damn.

LOL Im not making any definitive conclusions Doctor, just discussing the situation.

Was he radicalized sure, but how come millions of boys his same age and with worse problems don't climb on a hot roof, and take potshots at DJT while dozens of the Pennsylvania State Police force are in the building right below.

It sounds so ludicrous it's brilliant he literally got lost in all the police in an unsecured staging area, no sane person would try that.

It makes the Secret Service point out that Penn State PD could have been more vigilant too.

The motivations of the shooter are secondary to the priority of ending the violent political rhetoric, acknowledging death threats to both candidates and other politicians because this will only continue without change.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'm gonna go with being the son of two Satan worshippers who
find honor in giving up a child of their own to the owl
god. All in the service of the greater evil. Of course people
who worship the devil would raise a child to be used in
Satan's service.

It's called sacrifice and it never stopped from ages ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

True, but we don't know what radicalized him.
I can't imagine self radicalisation, unless you say it's one's own decision. Then however it follows that no one ever radicalizes anyone, because that argument always applies.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Let's not forget...he was there WITH someone else! There is video of a distraught woman screaming..."CROOKS...what are you DOING??? Get over here!...and she doesn't say it just once either, she screams it over and over again, at the top of her lungs several times, the last time she's sobbing when she says it (like she knows he's just been shot).

There was someone ELSE there with him! This is important. Who was this person? And what are her affiliations?? She needs to be located...right NOW! So, a couple takeaways from this...

1.) Because she called him by his last name, she's likely not a relative or parent. But, because she's sobbing at the end, she clearly has some relationship to the shooter.

2.) Because of the questioning tone in her voice she didn't seem to know ahead of time what he was going to do. This also likely means, she didn't know he had a rifle. And...that means he likely stashed the rifle well in advance of the shooting at the location. And THAT shows clear premeditated INTENT and planning.

Was this possibly some radical associate? Someone who had unknowingly talked smack without intending to act out upon their crazy musings, only to suddenly realize the shooter really was going to actually DO something? These last questions we don't know, and won't know, the answers to UNTIL this person is located and questioned.

edit on 7/16/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   

True, but we don't know what radicalized him.
I can't imagine self radicalisation, unless you say it's one's own decision. Then however it follows that no one ever radicalizes anyone, because that argument always applies.

I was just speculating from the little bit of facts we know about him, the self-radicalization theory seemed logical to me considering he was a young political loner and severely bullied.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocometus

Maybe he just hoped he could for once have a peaceful family dinner without his TDS* ridden parents fussing over Trump?

*Trump Derangement Syndrom cuts both ways
Trump is the messia vs. Trump is Hitler

edit on 16-7-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

link   

Radical social media is having a big impact on our youth, many young people feel that they do not fit in society, rather than getting help from professionals they are getting groomed by the media.

I blame the media and lack of proper screening to mental issues.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe. Speaking purely from an anecdotal standpoint, my dad had a degree in child psychology (not his vocation, but had the degree) and didn't apply it to our family dynamics.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I agree, but would add that both political parties need to take responsibility for their rhetoric which is parroted by the various sides of social media.

thanks for the opinion. If you say it about 30 more times, you will be close to your record.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The DOJ is currently investigating...
Don't assume they'll ever give us the true story...unless you still believe Hunter's laptop is a Russian fake.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There is video of a distraught woman

Where?

link   

originally posted by: network dude

I agree, but would add that both political parties need to take responsibility for their rhetoric which is parroted by the various sides of social media.

thanks for the opinion. If you say it about 30 more times, you will be close to your record.

With you, it needs repeating because ...flying over your head.

link   

My guess is still on family dynamics, being the main culprit for him snapping.
It's about the age where the real non pubescent emancipation happens. Sometimes they do really stupid things to make a point...

I don't know I don't want to blame the parents yet, they are likely devastated, FWIW the father called the police when he heard of the shooting, and his son was late getting home.

Just saw a brief video from a classmate, it was semi-obvious he wasn't treated well, they were kind of teasing him. Thats the thing kids do when they are in school and with social media your classmates can reach out and touch you 24/7.

We had it back in the '70s too, but they would atleast get a break after hours or during summer, but if you didn't stand up for yourself you had a kick me sign in your back.

The venue was about an hour and a half away. What was he afraid of I wonder. What an odd thing to leap to mentally. I have two teens and don't think even my most worried mom self would worry about my kids if something happened that far away if I thought they were still close to home. Unless the range is close to the venue?
edit on 16-7-2024 by SideEyeEverything1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There is video of a distraught woman

Where?

I will find it. Stand by.

Edit - Here

The more I listen to this, it sounds like a whole group of people screaming similar things, like he may have been there with a group of people. Protesters maybe? Don't know, but the woman screaming the loudest (and anyone else in the group) needs to be identified, located and questioned.

link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
The DOJ is currently investigating...
Don't assume they'll ever give us the true story...unless you still believe Hunter's laptop is a Russian fake.

and Trump called NAZI's very fine people.

link   
a reply to: StudioNada

My bet is he's a nutter that watched and listened to too much political nonsense on TV and social media.

But you're correct, time will tell.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

That’s a fair point.

Ultimately it’s hard to get into the mind of someone who does something we wouldn’t. We try to apply our logic of something we would never imagine doing to someone who did it.

He was obviously sick, so it could be a different motive to just hating Trump.

He could have just done it for perceived glory, and maybe didn’t even feel strongly about Trump.

He could have done it to hurt someone more than Trump. There could be someone in his life he felt more negative feelings toward that liked Trump, and this was just a way to get at them. (Doesn’t seem logical for us, but if someone is willing to throw their life away, they’re not thinking like us).

Or he just wanted to see the country slip into chaos because he didn’t have a good go at things. I could only imagine our climate if he was successful.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You jumped to the conclusion that it was politically motivated....so you are including yourself in this pile of ATSers, right?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Exactly many get bullied only few snap.
Many get brainwashed by media only few snap.

I still think family dynamics are the snapping source for most kids that still live with their parents. Sure there might be other factors that play into it, but it's often the lowest common denominator.

If you can't call home a safe harbor things will spiral out of hand quickly for most teen...

But yeah i don't know either, but it's where I'd focus. statistically it's where the true underlying mental issue is buried...

Probably wouldn't fit the narrative one way or the other, so it gets ignored.
It might just prove that it takes two to dance the tango of division and that it drives young people crazy.

A narrative that focuse on the political sides, might be better suited to further the division, don't ya think...

I like what Bill Maher and Joe Rogan alluded to on a podcast recently, kids are getting slammed with stuff that never happened before all without the coping skills of previous generations. In my estimation, the decaying nuclear family and the overall mental situation in the country don't help.

It's almost like humans are rats, more we have the less social we become. I can see a continued rise in Home-schooling

If I had kids that were different I'd consider it. Even normal kids can get abused these days, and the schools do nothing because they are scared of getting sued. So here we are, school system just craps our barely prepared kids especially when compared to other civilized countries.

Almost as if like they want shallow self absorbed, unintelligent public

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything1

You jumped to the conclusion that it was politically motivated....so you are including yourself in this pile of ATSers, right?

I surmised it was political because his former classmate said he was political in high school - 'slightly' far right leaning - the classmate stated.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join