It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Lefties, can we talk about this yet?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Is LA the border town you often speak of?

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Look, I've also lived and worked with immigrants all my life. My grandparents had a chicken farm, back in days, and they mostly hired "them". Also, I've worked in the hotel/catering industry for decades. Those businesses also used to hire "them" a lot. In my experience they're, in general, the hardest working, kindest hearted, most community oriented and law-abiding people know.

And, stop complain about "them". If you have a problem with all the "free stuff" they're getting draining the public coffers, blame the people in charge of those coffers.

Anyway, you can't fool me, you're just a softy, who already knows this. That's why you've rented to "them".

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

Is LA the border town you often speak of?

NO.

Arizona.

I could walk to Mexico.

edit on pm77America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Guarantee a good chunk of the boat lift in the 1980's wasnt the best and brightest from cuba, it was political dissidents, criminals and crazy people. (not my opinion what I was told when working alongside illegals that were picking oranges)

its been that way for at least 40 years if a country doesnt like us empty jails, and crazy houses and send them north knowing the stupid gringos will let them in, that doesnt mean their arent some awesome people coming in, its just the majority are not.

Lived in Florida for a few decades, we saw it over and over again, till they have kids and those kids grow up learning a different way. Or at least thats how it used to be, now we have kids growing up hating the country that allows so many things to their benefit thanks to white men are the root of all evil trope.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Those people are coming here fleeing life threatening conditions.

Most are coming here for free stuff, because they know we’ll pay their way.

Really?

I lived on the border for 30+ years. Have you?

Those I know wanted better schooling and a better future for their children.

. . . all states overrun with illegals.

How do you tell the illegals from the legals?

By the color of their skin?

Actually by the "color" of their phony IDs 🤣🤣

My ex-son-in-law -- was an illegal Canadian.

Northern border.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Really?

That’s a whole other issue, SS cards and Drivers license can be had on the cheap. The DMV in a town I lived in was selling them, hubby and wife team, they got busted doing it.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Look, I've also lived and worked with immigrants all my life. My grandparents had a chicken farm, back in days, and they mostly hired "them". Also, I've worked in the hotel/catering industry for decades. Those businesses also used to hire "them" a lot. In my experience they're, in general, the hardest working, kindest hearted, most community oriented and law-abiding people know.

And, stop complain about "them". If you have a problem with all the "free stuff" they're getting draining the public coffers, blame the people in charge of those coffers.

Anyway, you can't fool me, you're just a softy, who already knows this. That's why you've rented to "them".

These are honest statements.

I just want to point out -- it does not mean we support illegal border crossings.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Okay, let’s start with the democrat party and the clown that’s left the borders open for almost 4 years allowing record number of illegals into the country which are bankrupting cities and states.

And I’ll complain about whatever I want to sweetie. Illegals coming into this country and killing American citizens kind of pisses me off. Not surprised you’re okay with that, you actually support and encourage it.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

These are honest statements.

I just want to point out -- it does not mean we support illegal border crossings.

the level at which you don't get this is frightening. The issue isn't about how bad the illegals are. Most are trying to find a better life. Most of us would do the same given the chance. But the part where the democratic government is begging them to come in, giving them free things and ignoring the AMERICANS who are here legally, is a problem. Why do you support a government that traffics children? It really doesn't get any sicker than selling kids into sex slavery, yet, that's what is going on. And the left cheers it on.

there is a legal way, and that's how it should be done. it really is just that simple.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Really?

My ex-son-in-law -- was an illegal Canadian.

Northern border.

Yes of course he was. Was/Is he illegal in Canada or illegal in The U.S. ? 😊

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

It’s hard for me to reconcile how you can co-sign the illegal invaders knowing that the cities are now giving them taxpayer money which was once used to help poor and minority citizens.
What do you tell those poor black families in Chicago who aren’t being helped anymore because the money is going to illegals instead?

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

It’s hard for me to reconcile how you can co-sign the illegal invaders knowing that the cities are now giving them taxpayer money which was once used to help poor and minority citizens.
What do you tell those poor black families in Chicago who aren’t being helped anymore because the money is going to illegals instead?

Stating what is.

Is not indorsing anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I wish some people would stop acting like the people who want more secure borders are racists that don't want anybody coming into the country. Or that we have no empathy for those desperate and in real need of better opportunities.

Fact is with open borders there are more and easier opportunities for the riff raff to come in. Sad that I feel I need to be clear and explain what I mean by riff raff. #ty people. Nothing to do with their skin color or anything like that.

I always like to ask if these people leave their doors unlocked at night. Or their cars when parked out in town.

I wonder how they feel about squatters too.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Stating what is.

Ok, so what do you tell those poor black families in Chicago who aren’t being helped anymore because the money is going to illegals instead?

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Stating what is.

Ok, so what do you tell those poor black families in Chicago who aren’t being helped anymore because the money is going to illegals instead?

I don't.

Any more than I tell the poor white folk.

Do you have statistics on your claim?

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I wish some people would stop acting like the people who want more secure borders are racists that don't want anybody coming into the country. Or that we have no empathy for those desperate and in real need of better opportunities.

Fact is with open borders there are more and easier opportunities for the riff raff to come in. Sad that I feel I need to be clear and explain what I mean by riff raff. #ty people. Nothing to do with their skin color or anything like that.

I always like to ask if these people leave their doors unlocked at night. Or their cars when parked out in town.

I wonder how they feel about squatters too.

Due process -- change the Constitution.

Squatters are a huge problem in Mexico.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Stating what is.

I don't.

"For them to be sympathetic to their needs, saying it's a humanitarian issue crisis when Black people have had a humanitarian crisis for housing, employment and everything else," community organizer Jessica Jackson said. "How do we get pushed to the back?"

Those demonstrating Wednesday said the city has over-extended itself and should be putting the tens of millions of dollars earmarked for migrants into Chicago's most vulnerable neighborhoods.

"The South Side has been under-resourced, under-funded for years, for decades," Jackson said. "We have schools that need to be reopened." abc7chicago.com...

Tons of articles just like this one.

So, what do you tell those citizens?

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You tell them to suck it up, get off of subsistence living, do better in left, and support the success of the undocumented immigrants coming into their cities to make them better.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Stating what is.

I don't.

"For them to be sympathetic to their needs, saying it's a humanitarian issue crisis when Black people have had a humanitarian crisis for housing, employment and everything else," community organizer Jessica Jackson said. "How do we get pushed to the back?"

Those demonstrating Wednesday said the city has over-extended itself and should be putting the tens of millions of dollars earmarked for migrants into Chicago's most vulnerable neighborhoods.

"The South Side has been under-resourced, under-funded for years, for decades," Jackson said. "We have schools that need to be reopened." abc7chicago.com...

Tons of articles just like this one.

So, what do you tell those citizens?

I was raised in poverty. My mom married a millionaire when I was 13.

Been on both sides.

Plan your life. If you can't afford kids -- don't have them.

Get a career -- not just a job.

"That Which is Not Earned Has No Value"

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Plan your life. If you can't afford kids -- don't have them. "That Which is Not Earned Has No Value".

Why the double standard when it comes to illegals who…
1) are here illegally and still get all the benefits
2) have not earned anything
3) have not contributed 1 cent
4) have done zero for the rest of the community

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join