It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Lefties, can we talk about this yet?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab
a reply to: Annee

Abortions shouldn’t be used as a means of birth control, that’s the biggest issue I have with abortions. Unfortunately, the majority of abortions are performed in that context. Don’t want a kid, keep your legs closed or use one of the many forms of birth control available. My tax dollars shouldn’t be used for your lack of responsibility and accountability. I have no problem funding birth control for those who can’t afford it but the amount of people usging abortion as a means of birth control is astronomical.

…and yes I’m fully aware of the exceptions such as rape and major deformities, that’s a different discussion.

Sadly, men won't use condoms (and you can't just take a birth control pill as an aftermath of unexpected sex. That does NOT work. The pill that does work is considered an abortion pill, even though when taken the morning after, the fertilized egg has NOT implanted.)

And "keep your legs closed" means the woman had a choice AND THE MAN RESPECTED IT.

Why isn't it ever "keep it in your pants" or "wear a condom" or "f'r catssakes get a darn VASECTOMY"??

It takes two to create a pregnancy (for hominins, at least as far as we know). Responsibility for "no abortions" needs to fall on both sexes... not just one. Because if one sexual partner isn't cooperating with the other to prevent pregnancy, pregnancies occur.

So how about it, guys. What are you doing as men to educate young men on how they can prevent unwanted pregnancies?

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Abortions shouldn’t be used as a means of birth control, that’s the biggest issue I have with abortions. Unfortunately, the majority of abortions are performed in that context. Don’t want a kid, keep your legs closed or use one of the many forms of birth control available. My tax dollars shouldn’t be used for your lack of responsibility and accountability. I have no problem funding birth control for those who can’t afford it but the amount of people usging abortion as a means of birth control is astronomical.

…and yes I’m fully aware of the exceptions such as rape and major deformities, that’s a different discussion.

Sadly, men won't use condoms (and you can't just take a birth control pill as an aftermath of unexpected sex. That does NOT work. The pill that does work is considered an abortion pill, even though when taken the morning after, the fertilized egg has NOT implanted.)

And "keep your legs closed" means the woman had a choice AND THE MAN RESPECTED IT.

Why isn't it ever "keep it in your pants" or "wear a condom" or "f'r catssakes get a darn VASECTOMY"??

It takes two to create a pregnancy (for hominins, at least as far as we know). Responsibility for "no abortions" needs to fall on both sexes... not just one. Because if one sexual partner isn't cooperating with the other to prevent pregnancy, pregnancies occur.

So how about it, guys. What are you doing as men to educate young men on how they can prevent unwanted pregnancies?

That situation would fall under rape. Most state already allow abortions under that circumstance and the few that don't are working towards getting it added and in the meantime you can just go to another state to get it done. How about we give the new way a chance to work.
edit on 10-7-2024 by SomeStupidName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Why not?

Abortion shouldn't be used as birth control because it's slaughter of unborn children.

If you're not ready to become a parent -- then don't become one.

If you're not ready to become a parent -- then don't have sex and make a baby.

I SUPPORT LIVING CHILDREN.

That child in the womb has a beating heart and is alive.
So apparently ... you do NOT support living children.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

start by teaching them Biology, and not lying to them about how a dude can become a chick. Once you explain that, you can give them the 'birds and the bees' talk and make sure they grasp the personal responsibility aspect of life. If you have done that, and they still screw up, then they can live with the consequences of their actions. Like people have for thousands of years. Rob a bank, go to jail. Have unprotected sex, become a parent, and raise the child you created. And understand there isn't an option to take the zero.

Or you can coddle them, tell them nothing is their fault, give them a trophy and some cash, and let them continue making the same mistakes.

Choose wisely.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Agreed!

Todays "sheltered" society has damaged the younger generations, and set them up for failure. Instead of setting them up for success, like it should be.

I don't know what is more disappointing, the fact that as a community we have sabotaged the younger generations opportunity for a better life, or the education system being weaponized and turned against them....

I guess both are equally disappointing and disgusting.

Seeing how far we as a people have come, only to regress and deliberately undo freedoms all the while larping as heroes...

It's sick and an abomination.

The "great delusion."

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Abortions shouldn’t be used as a means of birth control, . . .

Why not?

If you're not ready to become a parent -- then don't become one.

And don't bring up all the silly arguments of abstinence, protection, blah blah -- nothing is full proof.

I SUPPORT LIVING CHILDREN.

Why not? Because there’s other options besides abortion for birth control. I hear you, you’re against responsibility and accountability. Stupid argument you’re making just to justify the murder of a unborn child.

So a fetus isn’t a living child to you? At what point does a unborn become a living child?

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Either or. Both party’s should be responsible and held accountable for their actions. Does that appease you?

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

At what point does a unborn become a living child?

The moment the child is conceived he or she is a living human being.
For crying out loud, the baby has a heartbeat at 5 weeks in the womb.
A HUMAN HEART IS BEATING. THAT CHILD IS ALIVE.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Vermilion

Just basing an opinion off of what she’s posted about the subject, I’d say the cut off is “convenience”.

Is a pregnant 12-year-old a woman or a child?

chop

Depends what country they live in. Right? 😃

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Obviously there are horrible exceptions to procreation, such as rape, or culture.

Maybe I'm over simplifying it, but there are plenty of ways to choose not to procreate well before a conception has happened and an abortion sought after.

Abortion is none of my business. I'll never be in a position where I have to make that choice because I am male, nor is it likely I will ever be in a position to have input on a decision like that because my wife can't have any more kids.

My opinion though is that since it's not my business I would prefer my tax dollars do not go towards it. Or that abortion culture is changed in such a way that only healthy, very early ones have to be done. Ofc there will be exceptions to that.

But I think it's sick that there are some people who cheapen it to a form of birth control as if the procedure is a kleenex and the blooming life inside a glob of snot.
edit on 7-10-2024 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Why not?

Abortion shouldn't be used as birth control because it's slaughter of unborn children.

It is prevention of another unwanted child.

What do you do for those unwanted or uncared for children already living?

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Why not?

Unwanted babies?
You’re really saying “the mother doesn’t want to carry” the baby.
Big difference there.

Interesting that those adoption lists are 9 months to 2 years long.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Why not?

If I told you I took one of those unwanted babies and raised it, would it matter?

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Why not?

If I told you I took one of those unwanted babies and raised it, would it matter?

Depends. Are you a straight white male, that leans anywhere but left on the political spectrum?

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Why not?

Depends. Are you a straight white male, that leans anywhere but left on the political spectrum?

I think I can see where I stand based on that. All answered in the affirmative. I feel so dirty now.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Why not?

Good for you.

Still the best prevention of no more unwanted children is not to have one.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Why not?

Good for you.

Still the best prevention of no more unwanted children is not to have one.

Abortion shouldn’t be a convenient fix for not wanting to have a baby.
Abstinence is though. 100%

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah that was clearly not an adoption, but appropriation.

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

WRONG. The 'unwanted child' is already here.
To 'prevent' it, the pregnancy shouldn't have happened.
And there are PLENTY of ways to make sure it doesn't.

Plenty.
But it's irrelevant to the discussion.
Deflection.

You slaughtered your own child in the womb.
You stopped your own childs heart from beating.
You paid an executioner to butcher your own child.
Now you want to try to excuse that moral failure.
The moral failure that you proclaim loudly and proudly.
You want others to pay to butcher the innocent children
of those who are irresponsible and selfish and heartless.

The answer is NO.
Pay your own damn bills.
Pay for your own irresponsible behavior.
Pay for your own selfish and heartless decisions
GROW UP.
It's YOUR responsibility.
It's YOUR blood money.
It's YOUR moral failure, not anyone elses.

It's a tragedy that an innocent child, who just wants
to live and be loved, is slaughtered by the parent who
was supposed to care for him and love him.

That's fully on YOU, and no one else.
edit on 7/10/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
Interesting that those adoption lists are 9 months to 2 years long.

There are baby shortages.
When we adopted, the wait on the state list was something like 6 years long.
Private adoption agencies were not much better.
So we ended up adopting overseas ... Bolivia.
That was 9 months ... same as a pregnancy.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join