It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The opinion of young Englishmen about Russia and Russians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
(post by ARM19688 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM19688

Nutshell.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM19688

Indeed.

Putin's net worth is estimated at around $200 Billion.

Stolen from his rabidly loyal "supporters".

Some of which monies may well be going to some of said supporters.

Allegedly.

Mentioning no names.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I'm too old and poor to go anywhere now but if I were able I think I would.

Either there or Patagonia. Get away from the nuclear fallout that is coming our way if the idiots in DC don't wise up.
edit on 25-6-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Moscow would be wiped off the face of the Earth.

So swapping out wherever you hail from for another prime target like the city in question might not be the best of ideas.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Russia has been preparing for this possibility for a long time now. They have mass underground facilities for the population there. What has the US done to prepare? Oh, right, duck and cover propaganda.

Patagonia is my first choice but as I said, I'm too old now.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
As I wrote on the forum earlier, some Britons still dream of returning to the days of Good Old England. Such slogans are put forward, for example, by the Reform Party, led by Nigel Farage. The reformists' ratings are now growing rapidly, and the electorate of the Conservative Party, whose inglorious reign brought Britain to its current state of ruin, is flowing to them.

Here's what's in Farage's party manifesto (link):

"– New tax for employers hiring foreign workers
– Blocking boats with migrants, returning illegal migrants back to France.
– “Freeze” of unskilled immigration “to protect our culture and identity”, withdrawal from the European Court of Human Rights.
– Zero tolerance in policing: Crimes related to drug dealing and drug trafficking will be punishable by life imprisonment.
– A “substantial” increase in stop and search by hiring 40,000 new police officers over the next 5 years.
– Requiring all job seekers to accept employment within 4 months or after 2 job offers or they will lose all their benefits.
– Introduction of a patriotic curriculum in primary and secondary schools, including teaching about European imperialism.
– Declaration of St. George's Day and St. David's Day as additional holidays.
– Increasing defense spending to 3%, increasing the number of full-time military personnel by 30,000 people.
– Introduction of a 25% tax benefit for married couples.
– Increasing the tax-free income tax allowance to £20,000.

It is curious that Mr. Farage, like some other right-wing politicians in Europe, recognizes the responsibility of Western countries for what is happening in Ukraine and supports, in words at least, Vladimir Putin (link):

The expansion of NATO and the European Union into Eastern Europe is the reason for the launch of a special Russian military operation in Ukraine. This opinion was expressed by Nigel Farage, leader of the British Reform party, which is gaining popularity in public opinion polls.

According to him, the accession of more Eastern European countries to the EU and NATO pacts forced Russia to respond. In an interview with the BBC on Friday (the resource is blocked in the Russian Federation), Farage supported comments he made earlier, accusing the West of provoking Moscow.

"I'm the only person in British politics who predicted what would happen, and of course everyone said I was an outcast for daring to suggest it," he said. Farage said he admires Vladimir Putin "as a politician because he was able to take control of the governance of Russia."

I don't think Farage is a friend of Russia. But any sanity, especially among degenerating British politicians, should be welcomed.

Thank you.

Russian troll ... Farage is an asshat who can promise to deliver anything he wants. The reason for this is he will never have any power.
The conservatives have ruined our country to the core.

Most of us are just ordinary people that want to live their lives in peace and harmony with ones neighbours.
We have no interest in the former British empire, and I think you will see that over the next 5 years or so.

There are still those that believe that Britain rules the waves, but these are a minority of fairly ignorant people.
The rest of us just want live in peace, as i am sure most Russians do.

I can never get my head round why we are so called enemys , the British and the Russians. We have more in common than not.

Good evening Russian Troll

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I would not know as im not in the US.

As to preparing for the possibility. LoL

Let's see how that works for a city with an estimated population of over 13 million residents within the city limits.

Over 18.8 million residents in the urban areas.

And over 21.5 million residents in its metropolitan area.

The answer is it simply doesn't end well for anything but the select and privileged few.

Patagonia might be nice depending on the prevailing winds and nuclear fallout but dont expect South America to remain unscathed under any sort of full-on nuclear exchange.

Best to go in the first few seconds by my guess unless playing Fallout 4 for real is something that's desirable imho.
edit on 25-6-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I have tried explaining this to RT on quite a few occasions, but all to no avail.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You right! The fallout from Australia will drift across the southern half of the planet.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Hence the reason it's possibly best not to play these games anywhere but in our heads.

As in the real world, all we would do best case scenario, is set back the human race a couple of hundred years.

Worst case a few thousand, maybe more.

Nuclear war is simply a mugs game no matter which way people care to imagine.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I agree, but I don't think the knuckleheads in DC understand this. They continue to intimidate and push Putin into the proverbial corner and when he sees there is no other opportunity to prevent the western aggression to subdue his nation, the US will suffer the consequences of their actions against him and Russia. They will force his hand and he WILL retaliate to save his nation from the west. He tried to play by the rules but the west took advantage of his naivete and willingness to join in the economic prosperity, but the west had other plans, to subdue, and pillage.

The continuation of the Cold War mentality and Western Greed! Putin tried to put the Cold War behind him but those in the west didn't. Rape, pillage and plunder is all the west knows.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

He will force his own hand charlest2.

Again you dont capitulate or yield to people like Putin.

As to retaliation, that remains to be seen.

But trying a NATO nation will result in article 5.

And Putin knows that just fine hence the reason he will stick to bullying Ukraine.

Also, you dont put war behind you by starting others, stands to reason really by my guess.

Anyhoo my bedtime, I'm rather smashed(tired), and my wean graduates from primary tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, I am in Britain and the feeling is mixed on Russia.
Many Brits - and I do mean many - that I know trust Russia far more than the US, justifiably so.
It's the US more than any other country who have created wars and overthrown govts around the world.

That said the media has had an impact with their demonisation.
The invasion of Ukraine has not helped the image of Russia at all, however i do think we in the West are hypocritical.
We can make up a fiction about weapons of mass destruction and invade Iraq, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians and completely destabilize the middle east and still somehow have the audacity to attempt to take the moral high ground.

edit on 25/6/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You are the perfect example to prove the truth that no amount of reason will sway the opinions of the opposition here. No amount of truth is enough.

This is enough for me. I''ll leave it here for now.

I'll add this one last comment.

Of all the participants in or on both sides of this fiasco, Putin is heads and shoulders smarter than all others. He is the most intelligent of the bunch. All in Europe are following their masters in the US and those here in the US are insane.

Another edit: Why do you think the US wants to include the eastern European nations incorporated into NATO? To control them like they do all of the western European nations. Europe, you are unwitting serfs of an insane regime here in the US.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You are the perfect example to prove the truth that no amount of reason will sway the opinions of the opposition here. No amount of truth is enough.

I dont think i have much to do with it, nor I'm i an "Englishmen" or young per say, hence not exactly any sort of perfect example.

And if you could simply present the truth that you claim alludes me that might be nice?

Of the tangible and credible sorts mind you.

This is enough for me. I''ll leave it here for now.

As to what is enough for you, something along the lines of Ukraine's capitulation i should imagine.

Leave it where you please.

Good night.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's the US more than any other country who have created wars and overthrown govts around the world.

you might want to take a look at the UK's history before making that claim.

wiki's cuase their fast,

During its history, the United Kingdom's forces (or forces with a British mandate) have invaded, had some control over or fought conflicts in 171 of the world's 193 countries that are currently UN member states, or nine out of ten of all countries.[1]
List of wars involving the United Kingdom

i just counted the wars /conflicts the UK and U.S. were involved in from 1900 to date. if i counted them right the UK has been involved in 59, the U.S. 46, and some of those the UK and The U.S. were allies.

The United States has been involved in 108 military conflicts. These include major conflicts like the American Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Mexican–American War, the American Civil War, the Spanish-American War, World War I, and World War II, and the Gulf War. It also includes US involvement in widespread periods of conflict like the Indian Wars, the Cold War (including the Korean War and the Vietnam War), and the War on Terror (including the Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan, and others).

List of wars involving the United States
edit on 25-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

In my experience, at least half of the people of the West have no ill will towards Russians (or Ukrainians for that matter).

We just have zero interest in a war being pushed by globalists whose main purpose is to allow tax money to be diverted in their pocket, and force extermination of both the Russian and Ukrainian people.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato
That's just "official" wars listed on wikipedia. There are also coups and failed coup attempts backed by usa such as failed gülen coup attempt in turkey. And then there are funding/arming terro-I mean "freedom fighters" such as al-qaeda to fight against gaddafi in libya... You won't find any of those events in that list.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

They are not threatening it was a statement of fact. If I kept slinging crap at you , you would inevitably do what you could to stop it. When the time is right, Russia will drop a tactical Nuke on a NATO base most likely in the Ukraine. The population of Russia will head for the shelters provided. The West will wonder where all their politicians went too because only the chosen few will go to the fall out shelters.. They will wait for a response either diplomatic or military. If it is military the American mainland will be targeted. This is the real state of affairs at the moment, with not an olive branch in sight.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join