It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The opinion of young Englishmen about Russia and Russians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jofafot

point is the UK is just as guilty of startin sh@@ as anybody else and then some.
did you fail to notice that at some point in time the UK has been involved in some kind of conflict in memeber countries of the UN except 22 of them.

are you so naive to think that the UK hasn't and still doesn't instigate regime change?

Probably the most well-known coup staged by British intelligence since 1945 was the overthrow of Iran’s democratically-elected government in 1953 – an operation planned with the CIA. But the UK has been involved in at least 41 other attempts to overthrow governments since the end of the Second World War.

As if this wasn’t enough, UK covert operatives were also busy at the time planning the removal and assassination of Egypt’s president Gamal Abdel Nasser, in various schemes after Nasser took power in a 1952 nationalist revolution.

page one of two where the above quotes come from in the link below,

Britain’s 42 coups since 1945

as the article said they even got the CIA to help in a few.
no if the truth be known i bet dollars to doughnuts that the UK has been behind many more.
edit on 25-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

It goes even further. I think the UK played a major roll in starting the US civil war in the 1860's.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think the UK are the root of all evil and are actually behind every single coup and uprising, popular or not, since the dawn of civilisation.

RT was right when he said the UK is still the true power behind the scenes pulling all the strings orchestrating and manipulating world events to serve their own nefarious purposes.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
Greetings. thanks for your honest opinion!

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Holy crap over 20 years of being on this site daily I finally gave it a break for a few months I came back and it’s full of aggressive leftists that hate all Russian’s and believe everything they read on western media sites. Media around the world is biased, it’s propaganda in every country it’s not what you think it is anymore. Everything you read is crap depending on who owns the media outlet. Same goes for Russian media, Chinese media, middle eastern media. You guys just believe everything you read? What happened to this site. People just love to hate someone

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: graysquirrel23
a reply to: BernnieJGato

It goes even further. I think the UK played a major roll in starting the US civil war in the 1860's.

I think they did too. England had all the textile mills that bought the cotton from the southern states, processed it into cloth and shipped it back to the northern states. If the south lost, England would lose their main supplier of raw cotton.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Sounds like something you wish to see happen.

And those threats have been a statement of fact since the time of the Cold War era.

Still a M.A.D world today, and same with the Russian nuclear saber-rattling.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: graysquirrel23

Your idea is not widely supported by historical evidence.

The UK may have had various indirect influences on the US Civil War the same with France.

But it did not play a major role in starting the conflict.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: UKTruth

It's the US more than any other country who have created wars and overthrown govts around the world.

you might want to take a look at the UK's history before making that claim.

wiki's cuase their fast,

During its history, the United Kingdom's forces (or forces with a British mandate) have invaded, had some control over or fought conflicts in 171 of the world's 193 countries that are currently UN member states, or nine out of ten of all countries.[1]
List of wars involving the United Kingdom

i just counted the wars /conflicts the UK and U.S. were involved in from 1900 to date. if i counted them right the UK has been involved in 59, the U.S. 46, and some of those the UK and The U.S. were allies.

The United States has been involved in 108 military conflicts. These include major conflicts like the American Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Mexican–American War, the American Civil War, the Spanish-American War, World War I, and World War II, and the Gulf War. It also includes US involvement in widespread periods of conflict like the Indian Wars, the Cold War (including the Korean War and the Vietnam War), and the War on Terror (including the Iraq War, the War in Afghanistan, and others).

List of wars involving the United States

Fair.
I should refine what I said to the post WWII era.
Still, the West has for a long time been the war mongers of the world and any attempt by the UK or the US or Germany etc to take the moral high ground when it comes to Russia is completely laughable.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

But it did not play a major role in starting the conflict.

Thing is Andy, for some people its always about blaming someone else and not accepting responsibility.

The world is that connected, and has been for a long time, that there are usually lots of contributing factors to any conflict.
But the reality is the American Civil War was essentially an American issue with American fighting American for reasons most of us are all aware of. Some people simply can't accept that and seek to blame anyone else other than themselves......and we Brits are easy targets.
If all else fails blame those Bastard Brits.

RT does it.
Putin does it.
The EU does it.
Ex-colonies do it.
Hell, we even do it ourselves nowadays.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

But the reality is the American Civil War was essentially an American issue with American fighting American for reasons most of us are all aware of. Some people simply can't accept that and seek to blame anyone else other than themselves......and we Brits are easy targets.

My understanding being the US Civil War started primarily due to deep-seated differences and conflicts over several issues,.

The most significant of which being slavery and state rights.

The UK is buried up to its arse mate, as you well know, in many a conflict around the globe.

But we did not start the American Civil War.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That's not what you said.

Wrong, I see you purposely left out the start of that sentence...

I said....

As a Brit' I can say with my hand on my heart, that I do NOT hate, dislike or oppose the Russian people. I hate those that support, and keep Putin in power.

which would be the cronies at the Kremlin...

It's hard for some to understand your negativity towards all things America

Please post a link to where I show my negativity to all things American?? If you feel you the need to support a dictator to make you feel good about your own politicaI choices then try and blame me for that, thats worrying??
I dislike corrupt politicians, especially old rich guys like Trump, Biden, Putin, and even Sunak who pretend to understand the working class people of therir country, but Putin is in a class of his own being a dictator who's happy to send his soliders into another country to die for some imagined glory.

You don't seem to like it much when others bash your country, but have zero problem bashing others.

I have no problem with people 'bashing' my country, what I find odd is the fact that some appear to have an agenda on ATS and are on here posting threads daily 'bashing' and hating the west, threatening nuclear distruction on a weekly bases, all the while using a western website...

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

England had all the textile mills that bought the cotton from the southern states, processed it into cloth and shipped it back to the northern states. If the south lost, England would lose their main supplier of raw cotton.

Considering your above opinion i fail to see the logic in the British Empire starting the American Civil War.

The conflict disrupted cotton production and exports.

If anything the Civil War threatened the relationship between both nations.

And caused considerable economic impacts back in the UK.

But as history clearly illustrates it did not drive the British Empire to intervene on behalf of the Confederacy.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Still, the West has for a long time been the war mongers of the world and any attempt by the UK or the US or Germany etc to take the moral high ground when it comes to Russia is completely laughable.

russia/ ussr/ russian federation have and are just as big war mongers as any other nation. in fact i'd say they have been even worse during the ussr and russian federation have been involved of sticking their nose in other peoples conflicts and advancing their own goals than the west.

again from 1900 to date ussr and russian federation have been involved in 70 wars and conflicts.
so just going by the numbers of armed conflicts that they have been involved in they lead the pack.

List of wars involving Russia

edit on 26-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Positive opinion on most thing Russian. Love your engineering, especially the space programme, your amazing watches, the lorries. Russia had a very interesting last century to say the least, one moment stuck in the feudal system, a few decades later placing a human being into space! Throw in the revolutions etc, plus beating the Nazi's for the rest of humanity, something which so many in the 'west' don't fully appreciate these days. The sacrifice by Russian's has never been fully understood or allowed to be understood over here. Totally understand the concern of Russia's over NATO's move eastwards. The relentless move eastwards was always going to get a response from a nation that lost 27,000,000 people in WW2 alone. That it took until now to get that response from Moscow is amazing in itself. One always has to remember that most Englishmen are living in a brainwashed state of mind. They only know what the British education system and mass media fills their brains with. Totally brainwashed.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

We have access to many sources of news and information .

Russians? Not so much.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

We have access to many sources of news and information .

Russians? Not so much.

We do - many sources of govt propaganda.
TBH I am not sure more # is better than less #.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Are you seriously suggesting that I and other Brits here on ATS who oppose Putin's invasion of Ukraine are 'totally brainwashed' by UK MSM and education system?

You seem to be implying that those who support Putin are somehow more informed and dare I say enlightened.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The whole of the Internet is govt propaganda? You sure?

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

One always has to remember that most Englishmen are living in a brainwashed state of mind. They only know what the British education system and mass media fills their brains with.

In this day and age I really can't understand how someone can post that? I have the internet and access to news from across the world, my government doesn't control the media or stop me watching news from other countries.
It's countries controlled by a single 'political party' like China and Russia that are brainwashed by the state. Their media is controlled by the state and they are forced to only watch that. There are plenty of videos of Russians who don't even know that Russia invaded Ukraine because of lack of alternative media.
The western world is pretty much free of that kind of control in comparison.

Even though I agree with your statement about Russia's efforts during the second World War, Russia was very happy to buddy up to the nazis at the beginning and help divide up Poland. It was also the west that sent supplies to Russia in it's efforts.

Putin's actions in trying to influence democracy is what has forced Eastern European countries to want to join the E.U. and then NATO.
I also see that some can't tell the difference between the E.U. and NATO. The E.U. was happy to trade and deal with Putin before the invasion of Crimea and it wasn't till invading Ukraine fully, did the E.U. start to sever ties with Russia.

Remember both Finland and Sweden joined the E.U. in 1995, it wasn't till Putin's actions in Ukraine did they recently join NATO.

edit on 26-6-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join