It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The opinion of young Englishmen about Russia and Russians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju
Russian and foreign mathematicians have substantiated the “rule of six handshakes,” according to which all people on Earth know each other through a chain of a maximum of six acquaintances.
This is called the "Six Handshakes Effect".

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ya don't believe the hype of the US/British media or a few on ATS that like to immediately attack you on your threads, when I tell people here that I'm Russian they are usually Impressed and then start saying that they would have never have guessed it and start asking me a bunch of questions and saying how much they like Russian culture.

Next NHL Hockey season we are gonna take away hockeys cherished and "unbreakable" all time goal record that Wayne Gretzky has been holding for about 40 years, Alexander Ovechkin is only 42 goals away from taking Gretzkys record 😁

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Can you provide links to support your words?

My statement stands, no links necessary. I speak English. I know when something is being faked and claimed to be by an English speaking person when it's not really by one. The flow and wording used in those alleged quotes is NOT natural. It's fake.

FAKE. FLOW AND WORDING USED IS NOT NATURAL.

A little over the top? WOW You are on here 24/7 and you of all people should know translating programs dont always come out writing everything everything crystal clear

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

I am completely calm about my “fan club” on the ATS))))
I perfectly understand the Western agenda regarding Russia and Russians, so I try to interrupt it and establish normal human relations..

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Have you not noticed that this is yet another thread having a dig at us Brits to try and provoke us?

What do you expect?

Disagreeing is not an "attack", by the way.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Threatening folk with nuclear annihilation is not "normal human relations".

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Do you know the game "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon"?
If not, Google it, you might get a laugh out of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I am completely calm about my “fan club” on the ATS))))
I perfectly understand the Western agenda regarding Russia and Russians, so I try to interrupt it and establish normal human relations..

Haha ya you surprisingly handle yourself very well for someone who gets jumped by 5 different people very time you make a post, I think I'd probably snap lol. You are appreciated here though you keep things interesting to read.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Have you not noticed that this is yet another thread having a dig at us Brits to try and provoke us?

What do you expect?

Disagreeing is not an "attack", by the way.

No disagreeing isn't an attack I agree but the guy the other day saying he should he banned and flyers fan over the top post writing all big looking like a total arse isn't cool imo

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

So, threatening folk with nukes is cool, is it?

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju
Do you know the game "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon"?
If not, Google it, you might get a laugh out of it.

No I dont know. But I'll google it and watch the game)))

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Thank you.
I just drank a little whiskey at lunch today, and the sun and sea calmed me down a little))))

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

SDoKB

Have fun.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

I'm not sure if I can play this game since I don't know Hollywood well. The last game I ever played was Diablo 2. That was a long time ago))))

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   

People move from Russia to the UK, too.

The Office for National Statistics estimates that 73,000 people born in Russia were resident in the UK in 2020.

Estimates published by The Guardian suggest that the resident population of London born in Russia was over 150,000 in 2014. The rise in population has led to jocular nicknames for London such as "Londongrad" and "Moscow-on-the-Thames".

In London, in particular Notting Hill Gate there are a number of Russian schools aimed at transmitting Russian language and culture to the children of Russian immigrant parents.

There have even been famous Russian ex-pats, like the Scripals.

According to these articles, since the start of the invasion of Ukraine, Russia is haemorrhaging people, especially those who don't want to be conscripted or rounded up in Putin's crackdowns against ethnic minorities:

Why are people leaving Russia, who are they, and where are they going?

Russians have emigrated in huge numbers since the war in Ukraine

Russian in UK: enemies within or welcome émigrés?

The new White Russians: the fate of émigrés fleeing Putin

Five things we learned about Russians in the UK

Russia’s migrants and ethnic minorities shiver at new Putin terror crackdown

edit on 2024-06-25T09:00:39-05:0009Tue, 25 Jun 2024 09:00:39 -050006am00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Immigration has always existed. People go where they feel good and have values ​​that they share.
In addition, London is the capital of fugitive thieves and swindlers. This is common knowledge. Stealing in Russia and hiding in London is an all too well-known trend. The choice of the rest is Western values. Accordingly, those Westerners who move to Russia are supporters of traditional values ​​- family, honest work, freedom, security.
It has always been this way.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   

marketrealist.com...

Putin's net worth is generally estimated at $200 Billion.

Making him one of the richest men on the planet.

I'm sure he amassed this fortune purely by "honest work."

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Immigration has always existed. People go where they feel good and have values ​​that they share.
In addition, London is the capital of fugitive thieves and swindlers. This is common knowledge. Stealing in Russia and hiding in London is an all too well-known trend. The choice of the rest is Western values. Accordingly, those Westerners who move to Russia are supporters of traditional values ​​- family, honest work, freedom, security.
It has always been this way.

Perhaps.

Nearly every country has to deal with "Russian Mafia".

And people also leave the country where they have made a life, and have all their friends and family, for good reason.

But Putin has, for some time, been showing off Stalin-like policies and actions: Killing and imprisoning his political opponents, purging his once were supporters. Placing the blame on ethnic minorities. Trying to gain ground by unprovoked military attack. One might say that his ultra-nationalism and oppression, while propagandizing about family and homeland, is, overall, actually more like the Nazis.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Don't believe the propaganda. The level of support for Putin in Russia is determined by objective data - the results of the recent presidential elections (more than 87% with a record turnout of more than 77%).

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Don't believe the propaganda. The level of support for Putin in Russia is determined by objective data - the results of the recent presidential elections (more than 87% with a record turnout of more than 77%).

... or else!

I imagine that Navalny would have gotten a lot of votes, but apparently he died, of poisoning, in a Siberian prison...

edit on 2024-06-25T09:25:35-05:0009Tue, 25 Jun 2024 09:25:35 -050006am00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join