It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The opinion of young Englishmen about Russia and Russians

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Please explain what you might be on about?

On topic, preferably?

This is like the third or fourth time you've demanded I explain something to you that, quite frankly, requires no explanation.

Hypocritical and obtuse.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Asked. Not "demanded".

I have no idea who Brandon is and why he or she might be relevant to the topic of this thread?

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Sorry, you seem to assume that non US folk understand your US centric obsessions.

I don't nor do I much care?

In a thread that isn't about the US?

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You mean to try to tell me you have not heard, "Let's go Brandon"? The sanitized version of "F##k Joe Biden"? I don't believe you for a split second. There is not a soul in the northern hemisphere that isn't familiar with that phrase. Not even you could avoid being exposed to it.

Brandon, like some here is as full of stuffing as a Christmas turkey.
edit on 26-6-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Yes.

I don't follow your US crap.

Which has nothing to do with the topic of this thread?

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I don't follow your US crap.

Stuffing!
You, like me, have some wisecrack to offer in virtually every thread posted here.

We are 2 peas in a pod. Kissing cousins. Ying and Yang. Blood kin! My ancestry is from there. We may be half-brothers.

I would say my daddy was stationed over there during WW2 but that would be a lie.

edit on 26-6-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Errrr. M'kay..... goodnight.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

We have access to many sources of news and information .

Russians? Not so much.

and thta's where the brainwashing starts

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Are you seriously suggesting that I and other Brits here on ATS who oppose Putin's invasion of Ukraine are 'totally brainwashed' by UK MSM and education system?

You seem to be implying that those who support Putin are somehow more informed and dare I say enlightened.

Never even mentioned Putin. In answer to your initial question FB the answer is yes, you are totally brainwashed by the British / Western MSM

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Yeah, ""officially"" you are not at war with Russia, or have been when i can recall.

And the United States and Russia have never engaged in a direct, full-scale war against each other.

As to what "Oficialy" is I'm not quite sure.

Good luck screaming words in block capitals all the same, are you drunk?

Edit again: Why do you think the northern fleets blockaded all of the southern ports?

I think the Union forces established a blockade of the ports designed to prevent the export of cotton and stop smuggling.

I also think you dont have one iota of evidence to support your claim that the British Empire was anything but neutral during the conflict in question.

Else provide such please?
edit on 27-6-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

"In this day and age" well yes it's still going on in this day and age and spearheaded by the state run MSM brainwashing machine the BBC. This organisation goes out of its way to paint Russia in a negative light. If a Russian space ship makes a successful mission it's never mentioned, only when one crashes does the Beeb report it. If the Yanks make a successful launch its all over the news. If the Russian MOD advance in Ukraine they don't mention it while if Ukraine go on the offensive successfully it's the main headline. When Russia's economy succeeds it never gets a mention, when Russia struggles the MSM is all over it. Know where you are coming from on Finland and Sweden yet they were safe and are panick merchants. Russia has no interest in these non Russian orientated nations, Ukraine is a historic part of Russia's domain and culture, these are peripheral states that offer nothing but trade.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:53 AM
link   

....yes, you are totally brainwashed by the British / Western MSM

Don't be silly orb, you should know me better than that by now.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Aye but just like the rest of the free world we have access to far more channels than simply the BBC.

I dont think many people hold with the BBC ufoorbhunter after the Jimmy Savile enabling debacle.

And its not like anyone pays the license fee with half a brain in tow.

As far as i can establish out of all the places to exist the UK is far from the worst and still maintains a modicum of freedom of speech and expression.

Ukraine is her own nation and simply does not wish to return to become more Russian Federation territory.

Simple as that really and hence all the war and kerfuffle.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Just by entering the education system Andy one sells one soul to TPTB and get your bread butter the way they see it fit to be served. The molding of the individual was once left to the family / mother an hundred years ago in nurturing the infant now the state takes control of it at an ever younger age and sees to it that a full diary of brainwashing is forced on the child from the age it learns to speak and continues at the very minimum term of confinement in one of the states educational 'facilities' until the washing is complete. All these people flooding in to 'study' here are merely falling in to the trap that the colonial British governemnt now the same yet not in name has for controling foreign powers and influencing their state of mind when the students return home. The brainwashing means these students will carry out the duties of our western plans to dominate foreign states without the need to fire a bullet. All about control. Taking control of our minds, taking control of foreign minds and therefore foreign political processes and thius resources

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I would not wish to try life without an education ufoorbhunter put it that way.

Everyone is conditioned from birth one way or to some extent or another.

That's why we call it the human condition i suppose.

Again mate there are far worse off places to exist than in the UK.

Can you imagine being born in some third-world crap hole in darkest Africa where you wont get any sort of education and have to walk 20 miles each day for the likes of mere water?

Comparatively speaking ufoorbhunter this island is not a half bad place to reside.
edit on 27-6-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

....yes, you are totally brainwashed by the British / Western MSM

Don't be silly orb, you should know me better than that by now.

and that's te way the brainwashers want you to 'see' things

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I would not wish to try life without an education ufoorbhunter put it that way.

Everyone is conditioned from birth one way or to some extent or another.

That's why we call it the human condition i suppose.

Again mate there are far worse off places to exist than in the UK.

Can you imagine being born in some third-world crap hole in darkest Africa where you wont get any sort of education and have to walk 20 miles each day for the likes of meme water.

Comparatively speaking ufoorbhunter this island is not a half bad place to reside.

Lo l yes know where youre coming from. We do need a littrle eductaiuon it just they are promoting negative attitudes towards Russia and have been for 100 yars. Bring on a little honesty and fair play yes educate will be necessary but demonising anything Russian / east European is a state of mind for these people.All the Skoda jokes FSO's and Zastava Yougo jokes in the 80's just being formented by the red peril

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:24 AM
link   

It's far from perfect, ile give you that.

Britain has been making jokes about the rest of the world since time immemorial all the same.

It's not just the likes of Russia where the piss is taken.

It is what it is i suppose ufoorbhunter, but again there are far worse-off places to exist than here in the UK.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Yes there are worse places for sure Andy. At least we can accuse TPTB of the brainwasjing, I'd take here over living in Russia and learning to jump out of windows for sure

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Again, stop being silly mate.

Of course our education system and MSM has influenced me in some ways - would it surprise you to learn that I have strong opinions about both? - as have numerous other sources and outlets.

But ultimately its MY choice - good or bad - and MY opinion.
If my opinion is different to your's or anyone else's its not because me or you are more or less informed or 'enlightened' than each other......just a different opinion.

I know some need to feel superior than others and I know some find it hard to accept that other people simply do not see things the same as they do.
Tough....I really don't give a toss.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join