It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: cooperton

Wow

So Noah had tens of thousands of helpers and when the day came their reward for their service was a horrible death by drowning?

He probably paid them per day

Yep. That helps your case immensely.

Lol why would it be so crazy to suppose he employed people to help him? It weakens your argument when you bring up things that are very easily resolved

Stop defending this asinine fairytale

Renounce your belief in the mutated ape fairytale

link   
a reply to: purplemer

Hey you brought up Milankovitch Cycles, cool. I did a thread arguing that caused the rise of civilizations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't remember how well I did, but there it is.

Call it being read Carl Sagan over the Bible, but my indoctrination wants extraordinary proof.

And, while there are arguments made for epic river floods in Iraq, China, or even coastal underwater ruins (old as Gobekli Tepe), which could be submerged in a few-hundred years (if existing during these meltwater pulses), I don't think it all adds up to an all at once flood. It leads more to Atlantis than Noah.

Still extraordinary evidence of a flood and young earth can not be found.

In fact, I'm willing to take on everyone's best evidence for the global flood or young earth. I want the evidence people think is incontrovertible to said global flood or young earth. Not the hypothetical how, the best evidence that it happened, not up for speculation.

I want more claims about coal and oil deposits, or sedimentation that that can't be disputed as 4,500 year old flood evidence. Specific ones. Specific basins, specific formations, specific cratons. Specific deposits.
edit on 2-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: daskakik

So everyone in this thread thinks the flood happened but not in the christain way..

trot on with that nonsense.. any more and i wont be giving you a ride in the boat im building...

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Noah was not a rich man.

Bro he was over 400 years old, he would have immense assets over that span of time.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
He probably paid them per day

WITH WHAT MONEY? He wasn't a rich man. And it supposedly took decades to build the boat. And he knew nothing of boat building. You are making that up.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Yes, you were very weak.

Sue me or

You flaked out because I called out your blind belief in evolution. You know where this conversation leads too, you end up having no evidence that life can come from non-life without intelligence and therefore have to admit your mythos is left to belief.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Bro he was over 400 years old, he would have immense assets over that span of time.

You are making that up. There is NOTHING in the Bible story saying that Noah was rich. And even if he was rich, he wouldn't have had enough money to pay thousands of people for decades and decades. Also ... many people live long lives and don't make a fortune but instead live day to day. There is nothing in the Bible to support the notion that Noah was anything other than that kind of person.

Stop making things up.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
So everyone in this thread thinks the flood happened but not in the christain way..

trot on with that nonsense.. any more and i wont be giving you a ride in the boat im building...

The flood? What happened to "since there are lots of flood events.. "

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I ran a business at one time. I would not in good conscience be able to embark upon a project where I knew my staff would die horribly upon its conclusion. Yet I will be spared. That is some legit Nazi or NKVD-tier labour practice.

Wtf is a mustard ape?
edit on 212024 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFanHe wasn't a rich man. And it supposedly took decades to build the boat. And he knew nothing of boat building. You are making that up.

What source tells you he didn't know how to build a boat lol?
What source tells you he was poor?

If what the Bible says is true then he was over 400 years old and would most definitely have amassed great wealth.

link   
To RECAP ... THIS destroys the Noahs Ark story. (as does just about every other thing brought up in this thread). So can this thread finally die the death it deserves?

what about the insect eaters? How did Noah get a years supply of insects for each of them and where did he keep the insects and what did he feed them to keep them alive and fresh.

Some - not all - Animals that eat Insects

Anteater
Armadillo
Star-nosed mole
Gecko
Moorish gecko
Little owl
Indiana Bat
Common toad
Praying mantis
Ladybug
Moonrat
Web-footed tenrect
Gray flycatcher
Dragonfly
Sugar glider

Insects enough for a whole year ... fresh healthy insects ... for each animal. How did Noah catch them? Where did he keep them? How did he keep them alive? What did he feed the insects since there were no other insects for them to eat and no plants for them to eat either.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Apparently on the Ark after a few weeks the animal dung piled so high that Noah's snow shoes didn't do it.

Week later, his tens of thousands of helpers with shovels managed to heave the lot over the side.

Many years later, Columbus discovered it.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I ran a business at one time. I would not in good conscience be able to embark upon a project where my staff would die horribly upon its conclusion. Yet I will be spared. That is some legit Nazi or NKVD-tier labour practice.

I hire subcontractors, I don't let them live in the house they work on. Also, they likely finished the boat well before the flood came. The workers were probably off spending their money on all sorts of depravity when the flood waters hit.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   

What source tells you he didn't know how to build a boat lol?

He lived in the middle of the countryside and wasn't a sailor nor a ship builder DUH.

What source tells you he was poor?

What source tells you he was rich?

If what the Bible says is true then he was over 400 years old

It's not.

and would most definitely have amassed great wealth.

Like I said ... age doesn't equate to wealth.

Even if wealthy, he wouldn't have had enough money to pay thousands of people for decades and decades, which is what the Bible say it took to build the ark. And people aren't going to build a boat to save Noahs family if they know they are going to be left behind to drown. That's absurd.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

Apparently on the Ark after a few weeks the animal dung piled so high that Noah's snow shoes didn't do it.

We already went over this. You can use some for fertilizer for the abundance of plants on board and throw the rest overboard.

edit on 2-1-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Like I said ... age doesn't equate to wealth.

But it usually does. Meaning that Noah more than likely was rich rather than poor.
edit on 2-1-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFanEven if wealthy, he wouldn't have had enough money to pay thousands of people for decades and decades, which is what the Bible say it took to build the ark.

If it took him that long then he didn't hire thousands of people, it would have been a more meager endeavor.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Proof that you are totally without humour. Jeez, fella?

Lighten up.

Do you take everything literally, or what?

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Apparently on the Ark after a few weeks the animal dung piled so high ....

Speaking of POOP and PEE .... a reminder of this fact .... Noah and his family would have had to spend 18 hours a day removing animal poop and pee. And even that much time spent on it wouldn't have done the trick. They all would have gotten diseases and died .. people and animals both.

Animal POOP and PEE prove Noahs Ark didn't happen.

The myth of Noahs Ark as Literal History

Living in piles of their own dung is very unhealthy for most animals, and before long their health would suffer. The animals on Noah’s ark would have to have their cages cleaned periodically. In most places that care for animals, this is done once a day. Eight people cleaning 16,000 cages a day is absurd. A healthy human, working hard, can clean roughly 100 or so “average” cages or stables in a really tough workday. Remembering the above, we also had to allocate time to providing water and food.

Let’s take a closer look at what it takes to clean an animal’s cage.

Setting the estimate low we could say the process of removing the dung took 60 seconds for a large cage, 10 seconds for a small cage. We could say the average time spent per cage would be 30 seconds.

The dung would have to be thrown overboard eventually, so, again setting the estimate low, we could say the cleaner would have to empty his waste container only every 20 cages.

The time taken to empty the waste overboard would vary on the position of the cage being cleaned. The ones working on the deck below the water would take longer to empty their waste than the ones on the upper decks, while the ones working in the center of the ark would take longer to empty their waste than the ones on the edge. Setting the estimate low again we are looking at 3 minutes to empty waste.

Calculating this out we are looking at 17 human hours of labor removing dung.

Of course, if Noah had built various magical machines (mostly powered inclined planes and those “screw” things), the disposal of the poop would have been a bit easier.

An alternative explanation is that each animal cleaned its own enclosure periodically. However, given the lack of opposable thumbs for most of the species on the ark, this explanation is implausible.

Certainly since Scripture related nothing about the places which we said were set apart for the excrement of the animals, but tradition preserves some things, it will appear opportune that silence has been maintained on this about which reason may sufficiently teach of its importance. And because it could less worthily be fitted to a spiritual meaning, rightly, therefore, Scripture, which rather fits its narratives to allegorical meanings, was silent about this.

ORIGIN (AD 184/5-253/4)[17]

Animals also pee. Animals on the top deck would not need to have their urine dealt with because the decks could theoretically be slanted so the urine would flow out into the ocean. (God must have supplied really detailed blueprints for Noah to get all this right.) The urine on the bottom decks, however, would have to be manually removed or else it would build up and sink the ship. Say there were only 10,000 animals on the bottom two decks. Say, setting the estimate low, each animal only peed on average one fourth of a cup per day. That gives us 2500 cups (165 gallons) of urine that needed to be bilge pumped per day.

Now, reasonably, the most a person can carry[note 5] is about eight gallons per trip.[note 6] That results in roughly twenty trips per day of “piss duty”.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Proof that you are totally without humour. Jeez, fella?

Lighten up.

Do you take everything literally, or what?

Don't pretend to be cool now lol you just flaked out with a hissy fit because I said you blindly believe in mainstream science theories.

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join