It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

OH YES IT IS.

Don't go moving the goalposts now.

That is what you have been arguing for .. for 65 freak'n pages.

The Jewish account is part of the body of evidence, of course. But even without it there are plenty of other accounts

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
The Jewish account is part of the body of evidence, of course. But even without it there are plenty of other accounts

You are moving the goalposts. For 66 pages you have been pushing the Noahs Ark story as true and attempting to defend all aspects of it. Now that it is clear that it is a myth and a complete fiction ... you move the goal posts.

Moving the goal posts and changing your narrative ... admission that your entire argument has failed.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   
AGAIN - what about the insect eaters? How did Noah get a years supply of insects for each of them and where did he keep the insects and what did he feed them to keep them alive and fresh.

Some - not all - Animals that eat Insects

Anteater
Armadillo
Star-nosed mole
Gecko
Moorish gecko
Little owl
Indiana Bat
Common toad
Praying mantis
Ladybug
Moonrat
Web-footed tenrect
Gray flycatcher
Dragonfly
Sugar glider

Insects enough for a whole year ... fresh healthy insects ... for each animal. How did Noah catch them? Where did he keep them? How did he keep them alive? What did he feed the insects since there were no other insects for them to eat and no plants for them to eat either.

edit on 1/2/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
AGAIN - what about the insect eaters? How did Noah get a years supply of insects for each of them and where did he keep the insects and what did he feed them to keep them alive and fresh.

Some - not all - Animals that eat Insects

Anteater
Armadillo
Star-nosed mole
Gecko
Moorish gecko
Little owl
Indiana Bat
Common toad
Praying mantis
Ladybug
Moonrat
Web-footed tenrect
Gray flycatcher
Dragonfly
Sugar glider

Insects enough for a whole year ... fresh healthy insects ... for each animal. How did Noah catch them? Where did he keep them? How did he keep them alive? What did he feed the insects since there were no other insects for them to eat and no plants for them to eat either.

To me that's just a list of animals that would ensure pest control on the ark. Insects are all over the place.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

To me that's just a list of animals that would ensure pest control on the ark. Insects are all over the place.

NOT ON THE ARK THEY AREN'T.

Noah would have to have gotten a years supply of specialized insects for each of those animals ... and even more than I listed. How did Noah collect a years worth of specialized insects for each of the animals? Where did he keep them so they wouldn't get loose? Many insects live for only days, so how how did he keep them alive for a whole year to be fresh for the animals to eat? How did he feed them and what did he feed them since there were no plants and the eco-system was not in tact?

Your answer fails. The insect eating animals are more proof the Noahs Ark story fails.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

What do you mean by liking fish and barrels..

People in low lying areas may note the rise over generations, but it would be too progressive and gradual to do much

Maybe have a think aboput volcanic activity that was rife at the time.. but kinda of agree it could be localised in different places and times.. or some events may have happened with great speed..

Also worth mentioning are the Milankovitch cycles.. Pretty similar to the length of the kali yuga. Pretty much a cycle according to the yuga is caused by our rotation with the star sirius. (nzir) jesus (isa) of nazzarath.. and its marriage to orion... (the king) this astro/theology far predates christian beleifs.. the big year which directs the seasoons of earth / mankind

The flood story has been christianised.. but the story is far older and easy to demonstrate.. vedics being a great example... or sumerain. Infact the story of the king and the archtyapl mother can be found in babalyion / kememtic and Norse.. If you look it is v evident the bible is based on earlier sources. The big year is in the bible too. but has been occulted...

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

"Libelous claims"?!!!! LOL!

So sue me.

Good grief.

Goodnight.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Coming at the preservative of the way i see it.. You dont like that. say something or trot on.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis infamy built this. It took them 2 years, with a workforce of 1000, as well as the benefits of modern tools, technology and infrastructure. The estimated cost in man hours was 2500 years.

We are to believe that 8 people built a vessel of the same dimension with primitive tooling while lacking the benefits of modern industry, technology and infrastructure in 50 years. Presumably requiring far, far greater labour than 2500 years worth of man hours.

Wonder how they pulled that off?

Ken Ham and his organisation of snake oil salesmen also had the added benefit of being able to buy all the materials and tools required. Plus have them shipped to the construction site. Noah and his clan would have to gather, build and transport them themselves.

edit on 212024 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

since there are lots of flood events.. maybe there where lots of boats. or maybe you are dealing with something more advanced than us.. and they used the boat to describe a story in a way we could understand..

link   
a reply to: purplemer
Already said it, you are arguing with those who, like you, also don't take the Noah story literally.

Nothing else to say.

link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

So sue me.

Good grief.

Goodnight.

Settle now and save yourself time and money..

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

im saying the story is real.. it happened.. thats not the same as many others here.. maybe go back are read my comments before concluding...

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

So sue me.

Good grief.

Goodnight.

Weak

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis infamy built this. It took them 2 years, with a workforce of 1000, as well as the benefits of modern tools, technology and infrastructure. The estimated cost in man hours was 2500 years.

We are to believe that 8 people built a vessel of the same dimension with primitive tooling while lacking the benefits of modern industry, technology and infrastructure in 50 years. Presumably requiring far, far greater labour than 2500 years worth of man hours.

Easy answer, there's no reason Noah would not have hired people to help him.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yes, you were very weak.

Sue me or

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
im saying the story is real.. it happened.. thats not the same as many others here.. maybe go back are read my comments before concluding...

That is where you are wrong, many think the stories are based on real floods but locally and in different parts of the world, not globally like the "christinized" version.

The Sumerian version only has 7 days of rain and the Epic of Ziusudra calls it a river flood.

Nobody here has said floods have not happened and their stories handed down are not based on real events.

ETA: Although I'm sure many do believe that as time goes by and stories are retold, the story tellers might make heavy use of poetic licence.
edit on 2-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Ohanka

since there are lots of flood events.. maybe there where lots of boats. or maybe you are dealing with something more advanced than us.. and they used the boat to describe a story in a way we could understand..

There's a claim in one of the apocrypha that says it was some other-worldly type of ship. I figured this might be the case until I investigated the claim of it being literal flood waters and found that a lot of clues matched up. When I started researching I honestly didn't expect it to be a literal flood of water but all the components are there for that to be the case.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Wow

So Noah had tens of thousands of helpers and when the day came their reward for their service was a horrible death by drowning?

Yep. That helps your case immensely.

Stop defending this asinine fairytale

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Easy answer, there's no reason Noah would not have hired people to help him.

WRONG.

Noah was not a rich man. He couldn't have afforded to pay massive numbers of people from the area to build an ark for decades and decades. Also .. he didn't know how to build and ark and neither did anyone in his area where he would have pulled people from.

Plus there is that whole thing of them asking why he's building a boat, and he tells them the boat is to save him and his family but the workers were all going to drown and die, and couldn't get on the boat they were building. That wouldn't have gone over very well.

Your explanation fails.

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join