It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FarmerSimulation
Ah, yes the good ol' goalpost shift.

Also, whether everyone not on the ark died or not, it was all senseless killing anyway.

If it had actually happened.

It makes no difference what you believe about rh-. People of all blood types raise animals.

Where did I say animals off the boat would have to stay with the humans?
I said nothing of the sort.
And your refutation of my claim proved it.

No, what I quoted shows you saying that the animals leaving would come later, after I said they would starve on their way back to their habitats.

I never said that you claimed they had to stay with the humans forever.

I simply stated that during that period of time that you claimed, all of Noah's sons would have come to know and probably even domesticate the horses, regardless of blood type, because it makes sense.

Of course you don't like that conclusion because of this whole notion that a special people organized civilization. I don't have to fit things to that idea.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mic Drop ......

The story of the flood occurs in chapters 6–9 of the Book of Genesis, the first book of the Bible. Ten generations after the creation of Adam, God saw that the earth was corrupt and filled with violence, and he decided to destroy what he had created.

What caused the Great Flood of Noah?
The sudden deluge into the Black Sea may have been gradual

A team suggests the Black Sea wasn't suddenly flooded by salt water. Many scientists accept the idea that the biblical story of Noah's flood was inspired by a sudden inundation of the Black Sea by the Mediterranean 7500 years ago.

According to a controversial theory proposed by two Columbia University scientists, there really was one in the Black Sea region. They believe that the now-salty Black Sea was once an isolated freshwater lake surrounded by farmland, until it was flooded by an enormous wall of water from the rising Mediterranean Sea. The force of the water was two hundred times that of Niagara Falls, sweeping away everything in its path.

"We went in there to look for the flood," he said. "Not just a slow moving, advancing rise of sea level, but a really big flood that then stayed... The land that went under stayed under."

Four hundred feet below the surface, they unearthed an ancient shoreline, proof to Ballard that a catastrophic event did happen in the Black Sea. By carbon dating shells found along the shoreline, Ballard said he believes they have established a timeline for that catastrophic event, which he estimates happened around 5,000 BC. Some experts believe this was around the time when Noah's flood could have occurred.

"It probably was a bad day," Ballard said. "At some magic moment, it broke through and flooded this place violently, and a lot of real estate, 150,000 square kilometers of land, went under."

The theory goes on to suggest that the story of this traumatic event, seared into the collective memory of the survivors, was passed down from generation to generation and eventually inspired the biblical account of Noah.

Noah is described in the Bible as a family man, a father of three, who is about to celebrate his 600th birthday.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Ah, yes the good ol' goalpost shift.

Also, whether everyone not on the ark died or not, it was all senseless killing anyway.

If it had actually happened.

It makes no difference what you believe about rh-. People of all blood types raise animals.

Where did I say animals off the boat would have to stay with the humans?
I said nothing of the sort.
And your refutation of my claim proved it.

No, what I quoted shows you saying that the animals leaving would come later, after I said they would starve on their way back to their habitats.

I never said that you claimed they had to stay with the humans forever.

I simply stated that during that period of time that you claimed, all of Noah's sons would have come to know and probably even domesticate the horses, regardless of blood type, because it makes sense.

Of course you don't like that conclusion because of this whole notion that a special people organized civilization. I don't have to fit things to that idea.

Ahhh. You think we are having a discussion.
You got confused by me answering one of your points but think I am thinking about your logical fallacies.
Dude.
When you said you are not listening to my evidence I wrote you completely off.
I am talking more to the people that might watch the videos for the evidence that destroys your points than you.
I just do not try and engage with others that succumb to gossip and twist words and meanings for personal glorification.
I am not spending much time trying to understand your points and definitely wasting time in one sided dialogue where you simply refuse to address the citations for evidence.
You are just trying to eat up thread space like you did in the q thread.
Until you saw a ghost

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarmerSimulation
Ahhh. You think we are having a discussion.

Not really, I know religious zealotry doesn't allow for any real discussion.

When you said you are not listening to my evidence I wrote you completely off. I am talking more to the people that might watch the videos for the evidence that destroys your points than you.

It seems you don't understand that whatever evidence you think is in the videos has no bearing on my point. Of course you would have to understand the point in the first place.

I just do not try and engage with others that succumb to gossip and twist words and meanings for personal glorification.

There isn't any glorification going on here.

I am not spending much time trying to understand your points and definitely wasting time in one sided dialogue where you simply refuse to address the citations for evidence.

Obviously.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom42338
a reply to: cooperton

So now you know the growth rate of every species on that boat.

No but an organism doesnt grow to full maturity in 40 days. that's common sense of biological development

He would need a boat about 500 miles long and 50 decks deep to accommodate two of every species.

We've already been over this, the Biblical definition of "kind" is more similar to the biological taxon of 'family'. He would not have taken every species of 'wolfkind', for example.

While regarded as one of the largest and most powerful predators to have ever lived, megalodon is only known from fragmentary remains, and its appearance and maximum size are uncertain. Scientists differ on whether it would have more closely resembled a stockier version of the great white shark (Carcharodon carcharias), the basking shark (Cetorhinus maximus) or the sand tiger shark (Carcharias taurus). The most recent estimate with the least error range suggests a maximum length estimate up to 20.3 meters (67 ft), although the modal lengths are estimated at 10.5 meters (34 ft). Extrapolation from a vertebral centra with dimensions based on the great white shark suggests that a megalodon about 16 meters (52 ft) long weighs up to 48 metric tons (53 short tons), 17 meters (56 ft) long weighs up to 59 metric tons (65 short tons), and 20.3 meters (67 ft) long (the maximum length) weighs up to 103 metric tons (114 short tons). Extrapolating from a vertebral column and reconstructing a 3D model with dimensions based on all extant lamnid sharks suggests that a 16-meter-long (52 ft) individual may have been much larger than previous estimates, reaching an excess of 61.5 metric tons (67.8 short tons) in body mass; an individual of this size would have needed to consume 98,175 kcal per day. Their teeth were thick and robust, built for grabbing prey and breaking bone, and their large jaws could exert a bite force of up to 108,500 to 182,200 newtons (24,390 to 40,960 lbf).

Noah must have built one hell of an aquarium. You really need to stay off the hard stuff, Coop.

Global Flood waters means a bigger ocean. That's where fish live. In the ocean. Including the biggest ones like megalodon. No need for an aquarium.
edit on 22-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Mic Drop ......

The story of the flood occurs in chapters 6–9 of the Book of Genesis, the first book of the Bible. Ten generations after the creation of Adam, God saw that the earth was corrupt and filled with violence, and he decided to destroy what he had created.

What caused the Great Flood of Noah?
The sudden deluge into the Black Sea may have been gradual

A team suggests the Black Sea wasn't suddenly flooded by salt water. Many scientists accept the idea that the biblical story of Noah's flood was inspired by a sudden inundation of the Black Sea by the Mediterranean 7500 years ago.

I don't think the Incans, the Hawaiians, or the Peruvians were referring to Black Sea flooding when they said the waters threatened the mountaintops.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Absolute garbage and complete failure.
Willful ignorance.

The facts have been given.
You refuse to acknowledge your Noahs Ark story fails.
Just more and more bunk from you ....

I'm not going to bother with this anymore.
I have better things to do with my time.

edit on 12/22/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Absolute garbage and complete failure.
Willful ignorance.

The facts have been given.

Your idea of facts:

Pandas can only eat bamboo
Koalas can only eat eucalyptus

Both of these statements you made are factually wrong.

You refuse to acknowledge your Noahs Ark story fails.

You refuse to acknowledge pandas eat different food than just bamboo. If you can't admit that, which is blatantly obvious, then I wouldn't expect you to admit you're wrong elsewhere

originally posted by: FlyersFan

YOU FAIL COOPERTON.
You just don't even understand that you do.
And that's sad.

/OUT

You're projecting. I hope the best for you, don't let debates get you so spiteful.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Your idea of facts:

Pandas can only eat bamboo
Koalas can only eat eucalyptus

Both of these statements you made are factually wrong.

The thing is Pandas do indeed primarily rely on bamboo as their main source of food, and it is a crucial component of their diet.

Meaning if you take it away, or cannot source it, they are not going to get some of the required nutrients that the giant grass provides.

Same with koalas who primarily rely on eucalyptus leaves as their main source of food, where the eucalyptus leaves provide the necessary nutrients, moisture, and energy for koalas to survive.

Both animals may well indeed be able to consume other plants and food stuffs.

But removing the primary source of food from their diets without supplementing the nutritional requirements via other means may well result in the poor creature's demise, especially so on year-long magic boat trips.

Was Noah also a veterinary nutritionist amongst his many other ""alleged"" talents?

None of the above however explains how Pandas and/or Koalas could have gotten on to old Noah's magical mystery tour given the very distinct fact that Pandas are native to China and Koalas are native to Australia.

And as far as im aware the Bible, whose geographical and cultural scope, is primarily centered on the ancient Near East, particularly in regions like Mesopotamia, Egypt, and Israel, does not mention China or Australia at all.
edit on 22-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The thing is Pandas do indeed primarily rely on bamboo as their main source of food, and it is a crucial component of their diet.

Meaning if you take it away, or cannot source it, they are not going to get some of the required nutrients that the giant grass provides.

Bamboo is not very nutrient dense, for that reason It's not unreasonable to believe there is an alternative that would allow them to survive the journey on the ark. If humans can survive eating mcdonalds and the average western diet, then I would imagine most other animals have a high degree of adaptability based on circumstances. Cats and dogs can even survive eating the dried up processed homogenized meat kibble that most people feed them...

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Bamboo is not very nutrient dense, for that reason It's not unreasonable to believe there is an alternative that would allow them to survive the journey on the ark.

Which is?

If humans can survive eating mcdonalds and the average western diet, then I would imagine most other animals have a high degree of adaptability based on circumstances.

Imagine all you wish cooperton, but you cannot take away a creature's primary food source for extended periods of time and not expect there to be serious adverse effects.

Pandas and Koalas are not human they do not have the ability to adapt and overcome obstacles in the same manner we semi-intelligent clever monkeys can accomplish with ease.

Cats and dogs can even survive eating the dried up processed homogenized meat kibble that most people feed them...

So are you suggesting ""veterinary nutritionist Noah"" created Panda and Koala kibble to sustain them on the year-long journey?

This magic boat is apt to have Star Trek replicators and a Holodeck next.

Please tell me how the Pandas and Koalas got to the ark in the first place or even how they would have known of Noah's existence through as you seem to be ignoring that obvious conundrum?

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom42338

So now you know the growth rate of every species on that boat. He would need a boat about 500 miles long and 50 decks deep to accommodate two of every species. Are you nuts? I guess that's a no-brainer.

Shhhh. It fits on a boat 450 long and 45 feet high!

You just gotta close you're eyes really hard and it will be really pretty.

Also extinct animals they didn't know about don't count. Only the 100 species they heard about. Every Ark picture has an elephant and a giraffe. So they knew about Africa at least.

Worth keeping in mind, dinosaurs existed 4500 years ago according to the narrative. Or I assume that the reason for posting the stylized animal figurines that kinda look like cartoon dinosaurs.

Anyway, they'd have to find room for the Brachiosaurus, Diplodocus, Apatosaurus, Camarasaurus and Brontosaurus. Noah would need a really a massive Sauropod habitat. Like massive. And how exactly he'd get a Brontosaurus to board an ark up a wooden plank is beyond me.

You just need to learn enough (in any context) that you can fit in into your narrative, and then trip over its implications trying to back this up..

And not be able to EVER confront being wrong because you've conflated the pursuit of knowledge with preexisting dogma in an attempt to validate the latter as absolute.

But come on, you just need imagination to make it work. You need to try to think in the superstitious way an ancient person did.

And I'm not even against religious studies. Learned that too.

Seeing the Bible through the eyes of an ancient reader requires shedding the filters of our traditions and presumptions. They processed life in supernatural terms. Today’s Christian processes it by a mixture of creedal statements and modern rationalism.

Biblical theology by definition comes from the biblical text (or ought to), not from Christian history or the writings of Christians about the Bible. We must be committed to the biblical text, read and interpreted in its own ancient context—not a later context—for our theology.

- Dr. Michael Heiser

The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible

Book focuses on interpreting the biblical text through the mind of a completely superstitious ancient reader. Explores the concept of the bicameral mind without directly acknowledging it.
edit on 22-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Bamboo is not very nutrient dense, for that reason It's not unreasonable to believe there is an alternative that would allow them to survive the journey on the ark. If humans can survive eating mcdonalds and the average western diet, then I would imagine most other animals have a high degree of adaptability based on circumstances. Cats and dogs can even survive eating the dried up processed homogenized meat kibble that most people feed them...

This really is an absurd argument we are baited into answering.
I had to Google it for alternative diets myself and I own exotics.
And though it is weird that so much of their diet is bamboo which has very few nutrients which is why they eat so much of it.
In captivity they eat quite a few other things that are more nutrient dense. Especially the pregnant mothers.
That is a tremendous amount of roughage.
A lot like a camel that cannot handle a lot of protein and eats a lot of grass.
But pandas do eat some small animals and birds.
Interesting.
But say you replaced bamboo with other things. What would happen?
A number of years later you might see complications.
Years later.
It would effect their breeding characteristics long before any health problems were to occur, if any.
Like most species, like humans.
We adapt our gut bacteria to the readily available foods available to the region.
I mean, imagine some of these numbskulls gave up hotdogs for a year or two do you think they would starve to death anytime soon?

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

If you could simply explain how the Pandas and Koalas knew about the Ark and/or how they got there never mind their imagined dietary requirements that might be nice?

Maybe the dinosaurs gave them a hudgie to the ark on the back of those tiny little unicycles they used to ride?

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

"Bamboo is not very nutrient dense, for that reason It's not unreasonable to believe there is an alternative that would allow them to survive the journey on the ark."

Which is?

"Fruits like apples, mangoes, and berries
Vegetables such as carrots and ginseng
Eggs, small birds, small animals, and some insects
Carrion
Man-made foods like pumpkin, kidney beans, and wheat"

Please tell me how the Pandas and Koalas got to the ark in the first place or even how they would have known of Noah's existence through as you seem to be ignoring that obvious conundrum?

If God was able to properly warn Noah, why would he not be able to signal a similar cue to the various animals?

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Why though?

Why not let them die and just make new ones? Could have made new humans too.

Obviously he didn't care all that much about every other thing killed in the flood.

edit on 22-12-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Shhhh. It fits on a boat 450 long and 45 feet high!

You just gotta close you're eyes really hard and it will be really pretty.

I don't get why this is so hard to understand. A 3 ft alligator for example will be around 3 years old, whereas it grows to around 8 ft when its 10 years old. A big difference. one year on the ark and it would only grow 1 ft. Given a similar expected growth rate for dinosaurs, and it's not a problem to house an adolescent dinosaur.

Anyway, they'd have to find room for the Brachiosaurus, Diplodocus, Apatosaurus, Camarasaurus and Brontosaurus.

These are all sauropod creatures, no reason to think they aren't related to the same original couple. You would look at a negroid and a caucasoid skull and could pretend they're different "species", but they're actually both human.

And not be able to EVER confront being wrong because you've conflated the pursuit of knowledge with preexisting dogma in an attempt to validate the latter as absolute.

I've already admitted a few things I have been wrong about in this thread alone. I am not afraid to say I am wrong.

Book focuses on interpreting the biblical text through the mind of a completely superstitious ancient reader. Explores the concept of the bicameral mind without directly acknowledging it.

Yeah evolutionists view the world from a perspective that doesn't allow it to be false. Anything that defies it's narrative is refused outright, even when human footprints are found in the same strata as dinosaurs, time and time again. Nothing could shake the undying faith in the most unintelligent theory ever to plague the human consciousness. I do not say this as an ad hominem, but it is by its own definition, uniquely the only human origin story that begs the complete avoidance of intelligent input, making it literally the most unintelligent theory of all time.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   

"Fruits like apples, mangoes, and berries
Vegetables such as carrots and ginseng
Eggs, small birds, small animals, and some insects
Carrion
Man-made foods like pumpkin, kidney beans, and wheat"

That is quite the assortment, now imagine the space and additional equipment necessary to store said foodstuffs, now multiply that by a couple million, for the other animal pairs, who are also apt to have their own special dietary requirements, supplements, and needs.

If God was able to properly warn Noah, why would he not be able to signal a similar cue to the various animals?

Saying God done it coz he's omnipotent/omnipresent is a crap answer cooperton.

You're better than that, try again please.

I mean if it was that simply why not remove the Nephilim, wickedness, and whatever else the big chap was not happy with, at the snap of an omnipotent finger as opposed to committing mass genocide via the induction of worldwide flooding?

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That is quite the assortment, now imagine the space necessary to store said foodstuffs and multiply that by a couple million for the other animal pairs who are also apt to have their special dietary requirements and needs.

They're literally floating in a massive pool filled with fish, one of the most nutrient dense food sources on the planet. All you can eat fish buffet.

Saying God done it coz he's omnipotent/omnipresent is a crap answer cooperton.

You're better than that, try again please.

Lady luck did it, the good ol' Darwinian plea. Blind dumb luck does everything, the apex creator of everything. Void of intelligence. There, is that better?

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Why though?

Why not let them die and just make new ones? Could have made new humans too.

Obviously he didn't care all that much about every other thing killed in the flood.

For Noah and his family, this must've been a pretty phenomenal journey. If a full reset is needed, why not let a family go through and see the capabilities of the Apex God?

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join