It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom42338
a reply to: cooperton

My question is what about dinosaurs? According to YOU, dinosaurs and men walked the Earth together. Was Noah responsible for their extinction because he didn't pick them up?

These stories get to a point of ridiculousness that even a 10 year old could successfully challenge.

Certain fish and reptiles never stop growing in staure their entire lives.
And conform to the size of the environment they inhabit.
Small fish bowl, small gold fish.
Big lake, big goldfish. Long lifespans, great big fish and reptiles.
I think Noah would have been wise to take juveniles vs. Adult monsters due to size and space.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

My question is what about dinosaurs? According to YOU, dinosaurs and men walked the Earth together. Was Noah responsible for their extinction because he didn't pick them up?

The average dinosaur was only about the size of a dog. Juvenile dinosaurs would be even easier to accommodate.

originally posted by: FarmerSimulation

I think Noah would have been wise to take juveniles vs. Adult monsters due to size and space.

Oops you beat me to it. It's funny how it is obvious to us regarding the logistics, but it's as though they purposeful refuse to try to understand that this was a feasible task. I would also bet in general a lot of the animals that boarded were fresh out of adolescence
edit on 22-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FarmerSimulation

So why did he not take dinosaurs?

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
No, it means I don't put stock in that story. Nothing more, nothing less.

Trey Smith may have answered it for you in the documentary, which I just took a quick look at. It is the same bunk being peddled here. You already buy into it, which is why it was easy to feel like they had figured it out.

And vice versa, doh.
But it gives great answers and has really good pictures.
I feel visual representations would be good for all the crazy examples you guys keep providing like they are relevant and not answered just because you could not visualize it because of your presuppositions that need protection.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Not what the fossil records show.

Dinosaurs varied greatly in size, ranging from small to gigantic.

And while it's true that some dinosaurs were relatively small and comparable in size to modern-day dogs, many others were much larger.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

And while it's true that some dinosaurs were relatively small and comparable in size to modern-day dogs, many others were much larger.

Regardless of how big they can grow, the fact is they don't have to be huge to enter the ark. Like Farmer said, they grew like reptiles, indefinitely until they died. They could have easily been adolescent and relatively small.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The question begs then, if Noah took ""baby dinosaurs"" onto his magic boat, to be saved like all the rest of the millions of other animals, then where are all the dinosaurs?

Keeping in mind scientists have identified and named over 1,000 dinosaur species, and that's just to date.
edit on 22-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The question begs then, if Noah took ""baby dinosaurs"" onto his magic boat, to be saved like all the rest of the millions of other animals, then where are all the dinosaurs?

To understand real history, you have to forfeit the evolutionary narrative, because it does not stand up to empirical scrutiny. Once the mind is opened it can acknowledge the various facets that show evolution is absolutely false, which opens up our ancestor's historical record to be true. Not only are dinosaur footprints found in the same strata as humans, It is also clear that humans lived alongside dinosaurs after the flood. Here are some examples:

Brachiosaurus

Utah's White Canyon Region

Amazon Rain Forest Basin in Northern Peru

El Toro Mountain part of the "Acambaro Figurine" collection found by Waldemar Julsrud

Mesopotamian Cylinder Seal of Uruk currently housed in the Louvre

Housed at the British Museum

By the North American Anasazi in the area now known as Utah. A natural brownish film over top the cave drawing authenticates its age.

A mysterious excavation in Tucson Arizona unearthed 31 Roman-style artifacts. One of which was this sword.

Protoceratops

Hongshan carvings approximately 4,000 years ago China

Stegasaurus

Girifalco region of Southern Italy.

Tyranosaurus Rex

Holy Trinity Church built in the 1300s in the country of Georgia.

These dinosaurs are not limited to physical depictions. They have also been written about. Extensively. Here is a beast from Beowulf, the Anglo-Saxon Epic:

"Grendel's swift hard claws
snatched at the first Geat
He came to
, ripped him apart, cut
His body to bits with powerful jaws
Drank the blood from his veins and bolted
Him down, hands and feet; death
And Grendel's great teeth came together,
Snapping life shut.
"

"but their weapons
Could not hurt him,
the sharpest and hardest iron
Could not scratch at Grendel's skin
"

The fiend reached for him with his claw, but he grasped it with set purpose, and
threw his weight on Grendel’s arm.

This creature had huge jaws that could devour people whole, was bipedal with arms, and tough skin. This quite accurately describes a tyrannosaurus rex, or more accurately the Megalosaurus which fossils have been found in the Anglo-Saxon area. In Beowulf, Grendel, which means “to Below” (like you would imagine a T-rex-like creature would), even had a mother of the same kind, insisting it was a real biological creature.

This may be shocking. But scientific observation insists on the co-existence of humans and dinosaurs. Here is a picture of some red blood cell fragments and soft tissue (indicated by the arrow) found in Tyranosaurus Rex remains:

The Anglo Saxon language had many words to describe the various types of large reptilian creatures. The following is from “A Concise Anglo-Saxon Dictionary” by John R. Clark Hall:

Ûhtfloga: twilight−flier dragon
Wîdfloga: wide−flier dragon
Draca: sea−monster dragon
Eorðdraca: dragon that lives in the earth.
Lyftflog: generic flying dragon
Nîðdraca: hostile dragon
sædraca: sea−dragon.
Wyrmhord: hoard of dragons

The Brachiosaurus was also written about. The writer of the book of Job clearly describes the attributes of a brachiosaurus and calls it ‘Behemoth’ (or ‘Bahamut’ for FF7 fans), a chief of the creations of God:

Job 40:15-23
“Lo, I pray thee, Behemoth, that I made with thee: Grass as an ox he eateth.
Lo, I pray thee, his power [is] in his loins, And his strength in the muscles of his
belly.
He doth bend his tail as a cedar, The sinews of his thighs are wrapped together,
His bones [are] tubes of brass, His bones [are] as a bar of iron.
He [is] a beginning of the ways of God, His Maker bringeth nigh his sword;
For food do mountains bear for him, And all the beasts of the field play there…
Lo, a flood oppresseth -- he doth not haste, He is confident though Jordan Doth
come forth unto his mouth.

This shows Behemoth was an Herbivore, had a tail the size of a large tree, and was very large. There is only one animal like this in the history of the world. The Brachiosaurus. As shown in the Mesopotamian cylinder seal and the Egyptian plates, the brachiosaurus was a known creature in the region where Job would have been living.
Other well known historians have depicted dinosaurs in a very matter of fact manner.

Herodotus – 5th Century B.C.
“There is a place in Arabia, situated very near the city of Buto, to which I went,
on hearing of some winged serpents; and when I arrived there, I saw bones and
spines of serpents, in such quantities as it would be impossible to describe. The
form of the serpent is like that of the water-snake; but he has wings without
feathers, and as like as possible to the wings of a bat.”

John de Trokelow – 14th Century A.D.
"Close to the town of Bures, near Sudbury, there has lately appeared, the great
hurt of the countryside, a dragon, vast in body, with a crested head, teeth like a
saw, and a tail extending to an enormous length. Having slaughtered the
shepherd of a flock, it devoured many sheep."
The Travels of Marco Polo, 1948, Book 2, Chapter XL, pg. 185-186
"Leaving the city of Yachi, and traveling ten days in a westerly direction, you
reach the province of Karazan, which is also the name of the chief city....Here
are seen huge serpents, ten paces in length (about 30 feet), and ten
spans (about 8 feet) girt of the body. At the fore part, near the head, they
have two short legs, having three claws like those of a tiger, with eyes larger
than a forepenny loaf (pane da quattro denari) and very glaring."
An old Assiniboine (Native American) story tells of a war party that:
“…Traveled a long distance to unfamiliar lands and [saw] some large lizards.
The warriors held a council and discussed what they knew about those strange
creatures. They decided that those big lizards were bad medicine and should
be left alone. However, one warrior who wanted more war honors said that he
was not afraid of those animals and would kill one. He took his lance [a very
old weapon used before horses] and charged one of the large lizard type
animals and tried to kill it. But he had trouble sticking his lance in the
creature’s hide and during the battle he himself was killed and eaten.”
(Mayor, Fossil Legends of the First Americans, 2005, p. 294.)

Keeping in mind scientists have identified and named over 1,000 dinosaur species, and that's just to date.
edit on 22-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

And vice versa, doh.

Exactly, so don't say that guy answers things for me. He doesn't, he does the same thing you and OP are doing here, providing weak answers like, the ark didn't need to be steered, but things still had to be done to maintain things on it.

The ark would only need 1,800 trees without taking into account how long it would take to chop down and work that many trees.

Meanwhile, I look at the myths from around the world and realize people make up the most outlandish stories. To me it just makes more sense that this story falls in that category.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Can you tell the difference from a lizard 1 year old vs. the same lizard 40 years old vs. the same lizard 140 years old vs. the same lizard 800 years old?
By the fossils?
Some people tell very elaborate stories about these same species claiming they are different species to fit paradim models.
Some people believe the stories.
Some believers call them scientific facts even.
But a lie is a lie is a lie.
And some people like believing lies even when they know they are lies.
People are funny like that.
In the end we all seem to believe in myths.
Both sides.
Some myths are actually true.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Exactly, so don't say that guy answers things for me. He doesn't, he does the same thing you and OP are doing here, providing weak answers like, the ark didn't need to be steered, but things still had to be done to maintain things on it.

The ark would not have had to been steered.

The ark would only need 1,800 trees without taking into account how long it would take to chop down and work that many trees.

He would have had years and years to complete it, and likely plenty of help

Meanwhile, I look at the myths from around the world and realize people make up the most outlandish stories. To me it just makes more sense that this story falls in that category.

But when multiple cultures around the world refer to the same event, even if it is extraordinary, it should be taken seriously. Especially since the necessary water supply underground is found.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I don't think its me that has a problem attempting to understand real history cooperton.

And did you not have all that sort of nonsense on the first page of this thread or thereabouts?

If you could simply provide a real picture or video evidence of dinosaurs that might be nice?

After all if Noah saved them and they are part of God's plan where did they go?

If its reality you are after the answer to that question lies 65 million years in the past not 6000.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

And vice versa, doh.

Lol
I answered a poster that claimed the boat had to be steered.
And before the flood lifespans were longer as per my example of what dinosaurs were most likely to be. Really old reptiles and fish.
But if so the vegetation would also have extended lifespans and overgrowth so as to be food for such behemoths.
It might have been one great big tree that got harvested to build the Ark.
That is not the best arg to hang your hat on.
Imo

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Swoosh, even if it didn't there was more work than 8 people could have handled if there were 2 of each animal and triple if it were 6.

Any help in the build is speculation on your part. Also what a A-hole move if people did help and he let them drown.

It being the same event is also speculation on your part and nothing you have posted proves it was.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Can you tell the difference between facts and fiction?

Nope.

Not even in the slightest.

Tell it to your imaginary man in the sky FarmerSimulation that will punish you for all eternity should you not think and do exactly as you are told.

He's probably more your speed.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I answered a poster that claimed the boat had to be steered.

I know, but he also mentioned maintenance, which you didn't address.

And before the flood lifespans were longer as per my example of what dinosaurs were most likely to be. Really old reptiles and fish.
But if so the vegetation would also have extended lifespans and overgrowth so as to be food for such behemoths.
It might have been one great big tree that got harvested to build the Ark.
That is not the best arg to hang your hat on.
Imo

"Might have been one big tree", isn't an answer, it is you speculating.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

How many of those "species" were actually the same species but a fossil @1 yo, another @50 yo, another @200 yo and yet another at 800 yo?
Most of them actually.
They do not discriminate.
They identify every fossil as a new species

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

How many of those "species" were actually the same species but a fossil @1 yo, another @50 yo, another @200 yo and yet another at 800 yo?
Most of them actually.
They do not discriminate.
They identify every fossil as a new species

Clearly, you fail to comprehend Paleontology or fossil records FarmerSimulation.

Hardly surprising considering the same could be said about history, science, and even common sense, where you are concerned.

Again tell it to the big fellow who will not allow you to think for yourself or entertain rational thought.

See if he's listening, he might even tell you where he's hiding all the dinosaurs.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

These stories get to a point of ridiculousness that even a 10 year old could successfully challenge.

edit on -06:0011am1231202312423 by Phantom42338 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=27256797FarmerSimulation

If that's the case and they never stop growing, what happened during the 40 days and 40 nights? ? They were growing. How did Noah and his crowd feed the dinosaurs? There are over 1900 species of dinosaurs discovered. One of each sex would have been 3800 reptiles on the boat. What are you smoking???

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join