It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian unions refuse handling arms shipments for Israel-Hamas conflict

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

"the murderer state of Israel.”

I call that bias!

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"the murderer state of Israel.”

I call that bias!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yes, of course.

Even obviously wildly biased ones.

Critical thinking is needed.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
So again...you're saying that somehow all this is an empty gesture as there are no arms shipments from Belgium to Israel. These unions must have imagined the whole thing after all by refusing to handle arms shipments that are heading to Israel which they don't exist according to you...

You can't find any evidence they exist so they don't exist. What an absurd argument!

It's all a lie. They have probably imagined that arms shipments are going from Belgium to Israel.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Leviathan4

Many more port workers from different countries are joining in the refusal to ship arms to Israel.

European trade unions intensify actions of solidarity with Palestine

Port workers’ unions in Italy, Greece, and Turkey have announced their decision to boycott the loading and unloading of arms destined for Israel’s criminal war in Gaza.

On October 30 in Denmark, activists from the Communist Youth of Denmark (DKU), blocked all entrances to the Søborg plant of the Danish arms company, Terma, in protest against its sale of weapons and equipment to the Israeli Defense Forces.

peoplesdispatch.org...

Yes I have seen this.
They have done it also in the past and it's not something new.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Title of Article
Italy: Unionised dock workers refuse to load arms shipment to Israel in show of solidarity with Palestinian people

That's from 2021 by the way

www.business-humanrights.org...

The link doesn't seem to work but if you type the title of the article above it should take you to the right page.
edit on 24-11-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

(post by Oldcarpy2 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yes, of course.

Even obviously wildly biased ones.

Critical thinking is needed.

What is needed is an in-depth understanding of International Law applied to Israel's actions.

Francesca Albanese is an Italian international lawyer and academic. On May 1, 2022, she was appointed United Nations Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1967 by the Human Rights Council at its 49th session. Albanese is an Affiliate Scholar at the Institute for the Study of International Migration at Georgetown University, as well as a Senior Advisor on Migration and Forced Displacement for a think-tank, Arab Renaissance for Democracy and Development (ARDD). She has widely published on the legal situation in Israel and the State of Palestine and regularly teaches and lectures on international law and forced displacement at universities in Europe and the Arab region. Ms. Albanese has also worked as a human rights expert for the United Nations, including the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and the UN Relief and Work Agency for Palestine Refugees.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leviathan4

Title of Article
Italy: Unionised dock workers refuse to load arms shipment to Israel in show of solidarity with Palestinian people

The link doesn't seem to work but if you type the title of the article above it should take you to the right page.

Sorry if the source was from 2021 but I was sure it was 2023.

Here is another source with actual timelines of some of the protesting and refusal to handle arms to Israel.

www.business-humanrights.org... equipment/

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Your video is over an hour long.

It's Friday night and I've just ordered a Chinese.

Post a summary.

Have you watched it all.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Leviathan4

No, again, that is not what I said and you know it.

You are being dishonest and that's an absolutely stonking great strawman.

Yes, it's all an empty gesture by the unions as there is no evidence there are arms shipments from Belgium to Israel as there are none and hence these unions don't know what they're talking about...they must have imagined the whole situation and they probably need psychiatric treatment.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Post a summary.

Have you watched it all.

The unions must have imagined the whole thing after all. There are no arms shipments as you can't find any evidence there are arms shipments. That's an excellent argument.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Title of Article

Here is another source with actual timelines of some of the protesting and refusal to handle arms to Israel.

I posted it on purpose to show there have been refusals by the dockworkers in the past and this isn't something new.

(post by Oldcarpy2 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Title of Article

Can't open this link by the way.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Title of Article

Can't open this link by the way.

Sorry, I am not sure why. In any event, any search will corroborate the fact that many labour and trade unions and youth movement groups are refusing to handle arms to Israel in many ways.

edit on q000000511130America/Chicago5858America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Post a summary.

Have you watched it all.

Yes, it's worth watching all of it.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

it's all an empty gesture by the unions- there is no evidence there are arms shipments from Belgium to Israel as you said and because there is no evidence there is nothing going on and hence these unions don't know what they're talking about

...they must have imagined the whole situation and they probably need psychiatric treatment.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You do know, if you post a long video, you are expected to post a summary?

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You do know, if you post a long video, you are expected to post a summary?

Are you still saying this is an empty gesture by the unions and there are no arms shipments because you can't find any evidence there have been arms shipments from Belgium to Israel.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join