It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian unions refuse handling arms shipments for Israel-Hamas conflict

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

It's BIG business worldwide, selling weapons including the U.S. They are making money hand over fist and we wonder why the war machine will never stop.

I agree, so a few small ports trying not to send a few boxes isn't going to do anything, but if thats the Belgian unions stance then good for them.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

It's BIG business worldwide, selling weapons including the U.S. They are making money hand over fist and we wonder why the war machine will never stop.

I agree, so a few small ports trying not to send a few boxes isn't going to do anything, but if thats the Belgian unions stance then good for them.

They may seem like small potatoes to you but factions like the Houthis are taking cargo ships from the Red Sea and they are reported to be a force to be reckoned with.
edit on q000000131130America/Chicago5555America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Kurokage

Well to understand context it's always wise to start at the beginning and pay close attention. We agree on that.

When did this conflict start? Certainly not on October 7.

Can we say with Israels declaration of independence?
At least from there on out they are responsible for what happens within their control...

nakba that happend in 1948 was a nasty genocidal chapter in Israels, then only 1 year old history.
Fortunately for them their own trauma was still fresh and everyone was looking the other way...

It's a recurring psychological phenomenon that the abused become the abuser.

You could theoretically go back a few thousand years to when Rome burnt Jerusalem or the crusades,for when most Jews fled their home land and the fight to return to Israel, for good or bad.

It is a recurring phenonenon but so is eventualy not standing for abuse and fighting back.
edit on 23-11-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

They may seem like small potatoes to you but factions like the Houthis are taking cargo ships from the Red Sea and they are reported to be a force to be reckoned with.

But again, these are islamic terrorist just like Hamas, who would love to see the end of western culture.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Still waiting to hear what actual armaments might have been shipped.

Crickets.....

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

But again, these are islamic terrorist just like Hamas, who would love to see the end of western culture.

The Houthis of Yemen are part of the Arab League and we can label the entire Arab League as per what we deem to be terrorists acts, they don't consider what they do to be terrorist acts as in taking Israeli ships, it's for a greater cause that being to stop the escalation of regional war.

Members of the Arab League are a mix of different Islam religions and extremists as well. Labelling them all as terrorists does not show the reality in any sense what needs to be looked at is what are they fighting for? freedom? land conquest? war for security issues? That label can take on other labels depending on which side of the fence you are on.

Remember white supremacists are labelled as the most dangerous terrorists as per Biden, so again it depends on the acts and what they are fighting for. Also what some American soldiers did in Vietnam I'd consider to be terrorist acts but yet we don't label them as terrorist, see how that works?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Still waiting to hear what actual armaments might have been shipped.

Crickets.....

You spend too much time on missing the main points of Lev's threads.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   

All hail, the Blessed threads of the Lord Lev. Or whatever his name is now....

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

All hail, the Blessed threads of the Lord Lev. Or whatever his name is now....

No, just on the one thread that you deem important enough to go on but not discuss anything of value.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

So, might you be able to answer my question which was, what armaments was Belgium actually shipping to Israel?

That is trying to discuss something of value, and on topic, by the way.

Or is it more evasion and deflection?

Can you answer a straight question, please?

Or can Lev?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So, might you be able to answer my question which was, what armaments was Belgium actually shipping to Israel?

That is trying to discuss something of value, and on topic, by the way.

Or is it more evasion and deflection?

Can you answer a straight question, please?

Or can Lev?

The types of armaments is not the thread topic what don't you understand about the topic of the thread?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Thread title:

"Belgian unions refuse handling arms shipments for Israel-Hamas conflict"

Asking what arms shipments is on topic.

Or is it semantics and evasion, again?

It's a straight question so stop squirming and answer it.

It's on topic

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Yeah. Who cares.

But you better find the freight-papers now before I do, anybody holding you back?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

Well, it's not my claim?

Look forward to you posting your source.

I'll wait.......

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Waiting for Godot? You think the dock workers saw the papers?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Thread title:

"Belgian unions refuse handling arms shipments for Israel-Hamas conflict"

Asking what arms shipments is on topic.

It's a straight question so stop squirming and answer it.

It's on topic

The main topic, what do you think it is? I'll take this slow.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

No change there, then?

No answer to a straight question, then.

Figures.

As if.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No change there, then?

No answer to a straight question, then.

Figures.

As if.

I'm trying to help you understand the thread title, if you refuse well you can't take a thirsty horse to water. 'shrugs'

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Switzerland is playing ball with the big boys in the MIC, there was a referendum against weapons export to waring nations not long ago. We turned it down because jobs...

We get to vote on all kinds of actually cool # that could have an impact but it's always jada jada it will cost us jobs.

Yeah around here we still belive the lie we live, and the dissonance hasn't set in yet. I'm starting to think so long TSdoesnotHTF we will be quite well off...

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Switzerland is playing ball with the big boys in the MIC, there was a referendum against weapons export to waring nations not long ago. We turned it down because jobs...

We get to vote on all kinds of actually cool # that could have an impact but it's always jada jada it will cost us jobs.

Yeah around here we still belive the lie we live, and the dissonance hasn't set in yet. I'm starting to think so long TSdoesnotHTF we will be quite well off...

Yes, the war machine, BIG bucks for everyone. Round and round we go on the merry-go-round in the Circus, want some bread too?

So I guess all we have left is diplomacy or the Arab League/nations to nip this in the bud.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join