It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian unions refuse handling arms shipments for Israel-Hamas conflict

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

www.merriam-webster.com...

"A suspension of active hostilities".

So, it is indeed a ceasefire.
edit on 23-11-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Fair enough but what the protesters in the streets are calling for when they shout out CEASEFIRE, is not a 4-day cessation of hostilities, agreed?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Jeez, your goalposts sure are mobile!

It's a ceasefire, in the plain and ordinary meaning of the word.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Can't they just hire some Mexicans?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"A suspension of active hostilities".

So, it is indeed a ceasefire.

It is not the ceasefire being called for by most of the world. Got it?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It is what it is. A good thing. No?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Leviathan4

The usual tactics I see. "oh, you haven't watchedI it" tripe.

This is exactly what he says "people are saying this number, 12000 people were killed...." 10 seconds in on the Sky interview. How you miss that is beyond me, it's only 10 seconds in, did you even watch it yourself or are you just posting it because you thought it would back up your biased opinion. Epic fail!!

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leviathan4

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: quintessentone

Not losing it. And that's MR Carp to you.

Twist and squirm away.

You didn't comment on your confusion and it will always be carp for you, fits well I think.

Desperate attempts to shift the story from the Belgian and Spanish dockworkers who refused to load and unload military materials and equipment that heads to Israel to something else. Classical tactics that don't work.

What did you think of those protesters climbing on that U.S. ship to protest their shipping arms to Israel?

I haven't read the story yet. When did it happen and where?

Here it is.

www.vice.com...

There are more protests to prevent arms shipments we just have to look harder.

Nice to see a more balanced left leaning site being posted and read by some members who only usually read things like the Daily Fail or other Tabloids....

a reply to: Leviathan4 Great

This is the most independent news you will ever see, why? because they aren't funded by the narrative pushers.

Vice Media Group LLC is an American-Canadian digital media and broadcasting company. As of June 2021, the Vice Media Group included five main business areas: Vice.com (digital content); Vice Studios (film and TV production); Vice TV (also known as Viceland); Vice News; and Virtue (an agency offering creative services). It was cited as the largest independent youth media company in the world, with 35 offices.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Rick%20Edmonds%2C%20media%20and%20business,entertainment%20than%20hard%2Dhitting%20news.

Funny as I've read Vice for a long time, they even had a TV channel here in the UK for a while, and are more left leaning, which is funny to see people like Lev' then support them, when he's usually screaming left wing propaganda

Not the one you're trying to push by the way.
And you haven't said anything about the Belgian workers and their unions. Do you agree with what they're trying to do or you support unequivocally the war crimes committed by Israel in Gaza.

And you don't make much sense by the way with this kind of broken English you use and the arguments of yours that are all over the place.

And again, you've 'choosen' not to see.

From my first post in the thread......

Belgian Unions are well within their rights to refuse.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It is what it is. A good thing. No?

For a few hostages their families and some Palestinian prisoners and their families, yes. Not for the rest of the world as Netanyahu states he will continue the bombing in Gaza then move southward to the tent city all the while escalating bombing violence against Lebanon. A good thing? Yes?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

This is exactly what he says "people are saying this number, 12000 people were killed...." 10 seconds in on the Sky interview. How you miss that is beyond me, it's only 10 seconds in, did you even watch it yourself or are you just posting it because you thought it would back up your biased opinion. Epic fail!!

They were actual living and loving people with lives and family and friends, they are not just numbers.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

They are not left leaning

mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Overall, we rate Vice Media Left-Center Biased due to wording and story selection that moderately favors the left. We also rate them as Mostly Factual rather than High due to a failed fact check. (11/18/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 05/16/2023)

www.allsides.com...

Vice is a news media source with an AllSides Media Bias Rating™ of Left.

You might want to check? I do think it's a good source, but it is more of a left leaning news outlet. I know because I used to watch their channel here in the UK.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

They were actual living and loving people with lives and family and friends, they are not just numbers.

Oh, and the Israelis who were kidnapped or shot and killed aren't?
You and Lev' sound like a stuck record across the board "Oh, won't someone think of the Palestinians!"
They voted for a terrorist organisation, who then stormed Israel killing and kidnapping. Is it a shame that many Palestinians have died? Yes, a real damn shame. I'm glad a ceasefire has been agreed, lets hope a more permanant soloution is fourth coming, but Hamas needs to be held to account.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The interview is there but you haven't watch it as it seems or you watch whatever part suits your argument. It's only a minute so you can watch the whole thing and try not to misinterpret what it says. Nobody else has brought up this point as it doesn't exist. It's only you who has invented something to say.

twitter.com...

Israeli opposition leader Yair Lapid tells Sky News that "The majority of the 12,000 dead Palestinians were Terrorists."

It's part of my other thread but you seem to have mixed them up.... For once more...

You should really check what the threads are talking about and not posting randomly and it's just one minute to watch. The Israeli Politician accepts there are 12,000 dead in Gaza but they're mostly terrorists as he said. And good riddance...as he said.

He claimed 12,000 have been killed (terrorists) out of the 40,000 (total number of Hamas terrorists)..

So your entire argument fails again. You think you had one in the first place....

As for this thread the refusal of professionals to provide their services either in Belgium or Spain or elsewhere shows precisely that the world has realised what Josh Paul said, the State Department Official who resigned a few days ago, i.e that US Arms are used by Israel to massacre civilians.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Meanwhile, Hamas are vowing to escalate the conflict....A good thing?
edit on 23-11-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Not losing it. And that's MR Carp to you.

Twist and squirm away.

You didn't comment on your confusion and it will always be carp for you, fits well I think.

Desperate attempts to shift the story from the Belgian and Spanish dockworkers who refused to load and unload military materials and equipment that heads to Israel to something else. Classical tactics that don't work.

What did you think of those protesters climbing on that U.S. ship to protest their shipping arms to Israel?

I haven't read the story yet. When did it happen and where?

Here it is.

www.vice.com...

There are more protests to prevent arms shipments we just have to look harder.

Nice to see a more balanced left leaning site being posted and read by some members who only usually read things like the Daily Fail or other Tabloids....

a reply to: Leviathan4 Great

This is the most independent news you will ever see, why? because they aren't funded by the narrative pushers.

Vice Media Group LLC is an American-Canadian digital media and broadcasting company. As of June 2021, the Vice Media Group included five main business areas: Vice.com (digital content); Vice Studios (film and TV production); Vice TV (also known as Viceland); Vice News; and Virtue (an agency offering creative services). It was cited as the largest independent youth media company in the world, with 35 offices.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Rick%20Edmonds%2C%20media%20and%20business,entertainment%20than%20hard%2Dhitting%20news.

Funny as I've read Vice for a long time, they even had a TV channel here in the UK for a while, and are more left leaning, which is funny to see people like Lev' then support them, when he's usually screaming left wing propaganda

Not the one you're trying to push by the way.
And you haven't said anything about the Belgian workers and their unions. Do you agree with what they're trying to do or you support unequivocally the war crimes committed by Israel in Gaza.

And you don't make much sense by the way with this kind of broken English you use and the arguments of yours that are all over the place.

And again, you've 'choosen' not to see.

From my first post in the thread......

Belgian Unions are well within their rights to refuse.

You seem unable to discuss the he topic and try to go off topic as usual bringing up the debunked claim you made about the Israeli Politician who admitted the death toll is very high in Gaza but they're terrorists. You can't even watch an one minute video....

And you don't seem to condemn the war crimes committed by Israel in Gaza. At least the Belgian workers know what is going on.

Epic fail for once more.
edit on 23-11-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Again, an epic fail on your part, you might want to go back and check page 8....

I also showed you that the twitter post is from an Iranian (Founder and former president of the National Iranian American Council.) posting the Sky News clip. it can't be propaganda at all can it? You also seem to have missed that too!!

This is exactly what the Israeli Politician says just 10 seconds in on the Sky interview.....

"people are saying this number, 12000 people were killed...."

edit on 23-11-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Talking about discussing the topic, any chance of answering what armaments might be being shipped from Belgium or Spain to Israel?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You can't even watch an one minute video....

Thats hysterical, as you seem to be unable to watch 10 seconds!! Hahahaha

I also see you have no comment about my first post saying the Belgian unions are well with in the rights to refuse to handle the weapons. I'm sure there are plenty of other E.U. countries who are happy to be payed by Israel and America for unloading a ship, because we know how the E.U. partnership is going at the moment!!!
edit on 23-11-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Again, an epic fail on your part, you might want to go back and check page 8....

Lets try this again shall we...

A member was talking about News media and you decided to make a comment not connect to it.

it was a general comment about how certain members HERE, only post stories that conform to their bias and refuse to see or read anything else that doesn't fit that agenda...
Your posts and threads for example.

Not every response in a thread is to you.

I'm happy to talk about the thread and have been, a shame you refuse to see that, but your usual tactic.

Hamas attacked Israel and took hostages in the first place. So tell me, what were they meant to do, just stand back? What would you do, if someone stormed your home and tried to kidnap your Mom?
A cease-fire needs to happen but Hamas isn't innocent in all of this, not matter how to try to spin it.

And again

Never argued in favour of war but against it. Both sides are indeed slaughtering each other. The only difference is that Israel continues to do so at a much higher rate and this must stop. Apparently whatever criticism of Israel is called 'antisemitism' or 'terror' support but these cards have played and are not winning...

The same rhetorical question was asked before. What does Israel suppose to do? Let's start by saying that the mass killings of innocent civilians and the crimes against humanity/war crimes are not the way forward.

I'll answer even with your broken English...

I find myself almost agreeing with you here, it's a christmas miracle!!

But, the death rate is supplied by Hamas and could be inflated, you know all about inflated numbers with your claims about covid deaths made by governments or does that not also work here?
Please show me where my cards have been played before for you? I've only ever argued with a previously banned member about anti-semitism in a long lost thread?

Hamas rebels stormed Israel and kidnapped hundreds of people. Even though I don't agree with a lot of it, Israel needs to try to find it's kidnapped citizens, just like any other country would want to do and to show Hamas that an unprovoked attack has horrible consequences?
The only threads you've posted about this conflict here have all been against Israel so far. Like I said, appears a little anti-semite to me but maybe it's better that you expand the hatred to other groups.

Even an Israeli politician accepted there are 12,000 dead people in Gaza. The only difference is he claimed they're mostly terrorist...

twitter.com...

I don't understand why you are still in a denial. Everyone knows that Palestinians are dying at an alarming rate in Gaza. That's why professionals are refusing to provide their services when they know military materials and equipment will end up in Israel where they will be used to slaughter civilians.

Belgian and Spanish dockworkers clearly know what is happening and so do the rest of the world.

The card of anti-semitism has been played before in other threads and it's hasn't won. Likewise the the cards of terror supporters, Nazi sympathisers and the rest. You're late in the conversations I am afraid.

I post about Israel because war crimes cannot be answered with war crimes. And it seems the war crimes committed by Israel have are not going to stop any soon. More bombings of innocent civilians more killings and so on. It's not the Palestinians who are bombing Israel but the other way around.

I also showed you that the twitter post is from an Iranian (Founder and former president of the National Iranian American Council.) posting the Sky News clip. it can't be propaganda at all can it, you also seem to have missed that too!!

This exactly what he says....

"people are saying this number, 12000 people were killed...." 10 seconds in on the Sky interview.

The video is real. It's only you who thinks it's not. Nobody else has brought up this point apart from you. If you have any evidence the video isn't real then prove it. You know as well as I do that your claim has been already debunked.

twitter.com...

Israeli opposition leader Yair Lapid tells Sky News that "The majority of the 12,000 dead Palestinians were Terrorists."

The same story can be found here and the same video

www.middleeastmonitor.com...

Unfortunately it says more than what you're claiming.... You have been trapped in this conversation unable to support your debunked claim and you can't even see why the Belgian workers have taken this action. They know about the massacre in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You can't even watch an one minute video....

Thats hysterical, as you seem to be unable to watch 10 seconds!! Hahahaha

I also see you have no comment about my first post saying the Belgian unions are well with in the rights to refuse to handle the weapons. I'm sure there are plenty of other E.U. countries who are happy to be payed by Israel and America for unloading a ship, because we know how the E.U. partnership is going at the moment!!!

Some workers in Belgium and Spain as well as in Italy, Turkey and Greece have refused to perform their duties and don't want to be associated with the war in Gaza because they see what is happening and that US Arms are used to massacre innocent civilians.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join