It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus-size lady who petitioned for free-extra plane seats now calls on hotels to enlarge hallways

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Looks like fat shaming to me.

To say that I did something to someone ….. needs for that person to have even the slightest inkling that it happened.

Wow, now you’re inventing victims who weren’t victimized and don’t even know about your kind patronage. You should start a wonderful loving NGO that tracks down your chosen victims who don’t know it happened, and inform them of their special status, so they can get some stuff for reparations.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

You and Quint keep throwing around that "fat shaming" bs as if we are making fun of her for it, we are simply implying that it is not the worlds fault that she is fat.

Stating facts and observations is hardly fat shaming.

But I can see why that is yalls favorite trigger word for this thread, since it's not about the good ole alphabet mafia you two hold near and dear to your hearts.

When you deny her disabilities and perhaps prescription drugs being the cause of weight gain, then calling her a blob, what else can it be but fat shaming and embracing ignorance?

You don't know that.
Pulmonary hypertension is not associated in many cases with obesity and the causes are unknown.

What drugs is she taking that causes her to be obese?

You need a little more than a statement to argue drugs cause obesity.

But making demands when you are obese is something that won't be met with sympathy.
edit on 2-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You and Quint keep throwing around that "fat shaming" bs as if we are making fun of her for it, we are simply implying that it is not the worlds fault that she is fat.

But I can see why that is yalls favorite trigger word for this thread, since it's not about the good ole alphabet mafia you two hold near and dear to your hearts.

When you deny her disabilities and perhaps prescription drugs being the cause of weight gain, then calling her a blob, what else can it be but fat shaming and embracing ignorance?

You can be horrified, mortified, hurt, scared, depressed, and apoplectic FOR her.
But she will never feel any of these emotions based on this thread. It never happened for her.
Imagine that ! You are a shamed-proxy ! Maybe a shamed-avatar !
You’ve invented a whole new dimension, level, and role in the shaming industry. Not many can claim this kind of prominence and accomplishment in woke-world.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

You don't that.
Pulmonary hypertension is not associated in many cases with obesity and the causes are unknown.

What drugs is she taking that causes her to be obese?

You need a little more than a statement to argue drugs cause obesity.

Impossible to do when she claims to have disabilities (plural) but has told of only one.

Back to what she is advocating for: (comps for extra seats, sure why not? wider hallways, not sure that is possible)

Chaney also suggested hotels raise their toilet seats and retrofit each room with handheld shower heads so bigger-bodied people can more easily wash themselves.

Hotels should provide size-inclusive bathrooms,” she said in the video. “These should go up to size 6X and beyond.”

Additionally, Chaney said hotels should put up handrails in pools and invest in sturdier and wider chairs for the lounges and pool-side so that larger-bodied people can relax in peace.

What is wrong with these requests so bigger people can actually enjoy their stay at a hotel (and wash themselves properly too)?

I can tell you I've done some travelling in my time and I am not tall and find some toilets in some hotels too low. Also those flimsy chairs poolside are a hazard and every time I try to get onto one I'm waiting for it to collapse.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I don't deny disabilities, I even said that her illnesses, that others listed she had, are not ones that would contribute to her not being able to lose weight.

Weight gain, no matter the cause can be dealt with.

Only those who choose to play the victim will see it any other way.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This will never happen. The nwo think we're all useless eaters so the ones who are especially burdensome have no chance.

It is wise to get as healthy and strong as you can so you can depend less on the ones who actually want you dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Why should she get a free seat when, if I fly with my wife we both have to purchase a seat? Should my wife's seat be free since we are traveling together?

I have never been to a hotel that the hallways was any less than 5-8 feet wide. If you cannot pass down that hallways, you are probably not able to fit through the doors to even get into the building.

Again, you are expecting people to pay more money to accommodate those that can do better for themselves but choose not to.

Some hotels already run on small margins, yet you expect them to get taller toilets, build bigger showers and make them fat people friendly, get expensive pool chairs that will get broken by kids messing around, etc.

What do you want to start doing for those that are not "plus sized" make their plane tickets half price, give them cheaper hotel rooms that don't need to be accommodated?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

You can be horrified, mortified, hurt, scared, depressed, and apoplectic FOR her.
But she will never feel any of these emotions based on this thread. It never happened for her.
You’ve invented a whole new dimension, level, and role in the shaming industry. Not many can claim this kind of prominence and accomplishment in woke-world.

The changes she is advocating for are mostly doable and should be done to accommodate an ever-growing demographic of travelers. It's good business sense.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So now traveling is going to be more expensive for the rest of us to offset the cost of the accommodations for those that demand it?

Makes sense to me.....not

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
She's a fatass and we all have to change because she has obesity issues. F-off! Figure out how to make your fat life work for you and don't expect anyone to make amendments to their life to appease you.
Grow the F up!

Tell us how you really feel. Stop holding back and share with us.

I think a couple of people here forgot early on, that the OP was about one lady demanding that all buildings in America be renovated to give her 100’ wide hallways.

There’s really no way to make that person a victim without heap big helpings of silliness and nonsense.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Why should she get a free seat when, if I fly with my wife we both have to purchase a seat? Should my wife's seat be free since we are traveling together?

I have never been to a hotel that the hallways was any less than 5-8 feet wide. If you cannot pass down that hallways, you are probably not able to fit through the doors to even get into the building.

Again, you are expecting people to pay more money to accommodate those that can do better for themselves but choose not to.

Some hotels already run on small margins, yet you expect them to get taller toilets, build bigger showers and make them fat people friendly, get expensive pool chairs that will get broken by kids messing around, etc.

What do you want to start doing for those that are not "plus sized" make their plane tickets half price, give them cheaper hotel rooms that don't need to be accommodated?

I didn't say get a free seat, she is asking for comps for paying for two seats. That is reasonable to me. Nobody gets anything for free, never did.

The widening of the hallways seems like a major reno, so maybe have ground floor big-friendly suites that are accessible and covered from outside?

Toilets come cheap, and I am sure hotels have suppliers that discount toilets...everyone makes money and the customer is happy and may return.

Poolside chairs and such should be made extra strong...as you say from boisterous children. Instead of plastic what about resin, sound reasonable?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The changes she is advocating for are mostly doable and should be done to accommodate an ever-growing demographic of travelers. It's good business sense.

Lol, that goofy woke VP chick at Buttweiper thought the exact same thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

So now traveling is going to be more expensive for the rest of us to offset the cost of the accommodations for those that demand it?

How do you know how they will recoop those renos? How do hotels recoop normal renos now?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I didn't say get a free seat, she is asking for comps for paying for two seats. That is reasonable to me. Nobody gets anything for free, never did.

The widening of the hallways seems like a major reno, so maybe have ground floor big-friendly suites that are accessible and covered from outside?

Toilets come cheap, and I am sure hotels have suppliers that discount toilets...everyone makes money and the customer is happy and may return.

Poolside chairs and such should be made extra strong...as you say from boisterous children. Instead of plastic what about resin, sound reasonable?

Oh great. Now we need terlets designed for a water buffalo.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Lol, that goofy woke VP chick at Buttweiper thought the exact same thing.

With two thirds of Americans in the obese range, I think it does make good business sense.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

And/or toilets in suites designed for very tall or very short people, and don't forget the disabled. I know sounds crazy doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I need 2 seats because I have dyslexia and I never know if I’m in the correct seat for the whole trip and that is really hurtful and shaming.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The link in the OP literally says she wants the 2nd seat for free, give it a read sometime.

Handicap accessible rooms are already a thing and are usually a little bigger than standards.

Cheap toilets come cheap, bigger and stronger toilets to accommodate for weight come at more of a premium.

They will still get broken, people are going to get bigger and bigger the more leeway you give them. Give them an inch they will take a mile.

Recouping the money for renos, simple.

They jack up the prices, as do every other business.

When you add in extra costs, other than regular updates such as bigger and stronger toilets, bigger rooms, etc, you are paying more. Therefore raising costs, do you not know how math works?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

And/or toilets in suites designed for very tall or very short people, and don't forget the disabled. I know sounds crazy doesn't it?

There are probably 1000 conditions you can name that would be best served by a very unique custom toilet for that person. Unfortunately we can not put these 1000 wonderful helpful toilets into every bathroom.
There’s still an assumption that most people with difficult conditions will make do, unless the condition is really bad, or there’s an easy solution that you should do for them.
Even the typical ADA inspector will let some unfortunate situations go for now, because there’s not enough money for massive changes, or the situation isn’t endemic. Even they know that we can’t do everything for everyone.
There’s an affordable solution to help with a real issue ? Do it every time for them.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

It's business as usual with hotels and recooping expenses is done as per usual.

What I read in the OP is that she wants comps for paying for two seats, that is not getting something for free.

Anyway, if the hotel wants to take advantage of attracting the overweight American adult population to use their hotel then again it's good business sense to accommodate them in the very cheapest way...toilet, handheld shower sprayer and stronger and wider restaurant/poolside chairs.

Of note, the U.S. is not even the top country for obesity so they need to consider that too in their bottom line to attract global travelers.
edit on q000000421031America/Chicago3333America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join