It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus-size lady who petitioned for free-extra plane seats now calls on hotels to enlarge hallways

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
nypost.com...

A plus-size influencer who previously demanded airlines comp larger passengers for extra seats is now asking hotels around the world to make a number of changes to better accommodate overweight guests — including by making the hallways wider.

In a video posted to her TikTok last month, Jaelynn Chaney listed several ways hotels can create “size-inclusive” amenities.

She said she is “on a mission to revolutionize the travel industry, and make it a more accessible, accepting, accommodating place for all,” adding: “The needs of plus-sized travelers matter just as much as anybody else.”

“We deserve an environment that respects our needs and body diversity,” Chaney claimed.

Among her many demands were to “make elevators and hallways

spacious, to allow for easy movement of larger individuals, and those utilizing mobility devices.”

Chaney also suggested hotels raise their toilet seats and retrofit each room with handheld shower heads so bigger-bodied people can more easily wash themselves.

Hotels should provide size-inclusive bathrooms,” she said in the video. “These should go up to size 6X and beyond.”

Additionally, Chaney said hotels should put up handrails in pools and invest in sturdier and wider chairs for the lounges and pool-side so that larger-bodied people can relax in peace.

Let's see how to deal with this matter. First of all, this isn't a thread mocking overweight or obese people.

Unless there is a medical reason for which one is unable to loose weight or finds it very difficult then the mission of a person who is evidently obese and quite young is not to go on a moral crusade and argue about size-inclusivity and body diversity, but to change their lives, change dramatically their eating habits and stop eating whatever junk they can find, and start moving and exercising. Proper diet and physical exercise results in miracles.

The person of this story is quite young, only 26 years old, and she seems to be in good health without any medical issues (yet).

Do you think that her requests/demands are realistic? Should it be better if she makes the appropriate lifestyle changes instead of demanding 'inclusivity'?

mod note
PLEASE READ

edit on Mon Oct 2 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar
At what point do they request additional meals to satisfy their excessive appetite?

Not intended to be inflammatory, but at some point there is a line between actual oversight and absurdity.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

So, let me know if I have hit the mark here.

Because this lady decided that she wants to big a blob the rest of her life, everyone has to accommodate her?

I am a bigger guy, yes I have issues using certain things that smaller people might not, but I don't go out of my way to tell other people they need to accommodate me for being big. And yes, there are things that I find while traveling to be slightly inconvenient. But again, that is my own problem, not everyone elses.

Like you said, if you have a medical condition that legitimately keeps you from losing weight, that can be understandable. I have always struggled with my weight but have managed to work with my doctor to keep on track to losing or find other ways to ensure I live a long and healthy life.

Guess the alphabet mafia needs to add another letter to their call sign so that they can start forcing companies to bend the knee to fat people that choose to live that way.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
answer: no

the world doesn't work around your whims, nobody cares what you want.
If you want bigger hallways, build your own damn building.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

They can just respond with a list of motels. Even parking a few feet from the room.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Don’t tell anyone but, I am a big fan of wrestling
Sometimes listen to stories about Andre the Giant, his travels, his travails, was pretty tough on the big guy
Should small people get a discount, smaller rooms?

link   

Seems like it would be easier for her to stop eating so much, as opposed to altering all hotels around the world.
edit on 2-10-2023 by KKLOCO because: Spelling

link   
I am against it because the majority is not obese and should not have to carry the burden of people that are obese.

In very less cases where it is a medical issue, there are special disability rooms in most hotels that they should have no trouble booking, if there is medical reason. Maybe obese without medical reason can get an exemption for those, too.

If these are not available, then they have to book a different hotel that has one, or live with the consequences of their poor diet choices. I have to pay for a lot of bills through social security for people like that and also smokers etc where I do not want to infringe on their lifestyle.

But making private business invest money so obese people that are only to be blamed for their own actions, is wrong. If at my shop an obese customer complains about how small the bathroom is, I would point them towards the disability bathroom, too. That I got installed because I also did mods for disabled people so they can drive cars again (hand throttle and brake systems) and wanted to be inclusive.

But that was my choice and should not be the burden of the rest of the business out there.
edit on 2.10.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
HAHa

Whatever you say princess!
Quick,Level the city.
We must start right away redesigning and rebuilding everything so you can avoid staring at the elephant in the mirr-I mean room.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Since when did we get "Plus Size" instead of "Fat"?
edit on 2-10-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
I am against it because the majority is not obese and should not have to carry the burden of people that are obese.

In very less cases where it is a medical issue, there are special disability rooms in most hotels that they should have no trouble booking, if there is medical reason. Maybe obese without medical reason can get an exemption for those, too.

If these are not available, then they have to book a different hotel that has one, or live with the consequences of their poor diet choices. I have to pay for a lot of bills through social security for people like that and also smokers etc where I do not want to infringe on their lifestyle.

But making private business invest money so obese people that are only to be blamed for their own actions, is wrong. If at my shop an obese customer complains about how small the bathroom is, I would point them towards the disability bathroom, too. That I got installed because I also did mods for disabled people so they can drive cars again (hand throttle and brake systems) and wanted to be inclusive.

But that was my choice and should not be the burden of the rest of the business out there.

The lady is young and obese and she doesn't seem to have any health issues preventing her from loosing weight. She is only 26 and I think lifestyle changes are a much better option for her rather than unrealistic demands.

link   
Wouldn’t really call her “plus-size” tbh.

More like life threateningly obese. Jesus.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
HAHa

Whatever you say princess!
Quick,Level the city.
We must start right away redesigning and rebuilding everything so you can avoid staring at the elephant in the mirr-I mean room.

She also has an Instagram account where you can see the same ideological approach on the subject of obesity.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

"Morbidly obese"?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Wouldn’t really call her “plus-size” tbh.

More like life threateningly obese. Jesus.

To be honest I don't think she has an understanding she's taking a great risk with her health and in fact she is oblivious to what obesity can do to a person. She is only 26.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I read your post and the article but I did not click the link to see a photo or anything. I don't need it to express my opinion about it.

So to answer your special case, that I think I already handled: No, no no no no no.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Maybe she'd settle for a lifetime supply of Dove soap?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Seems like it would be easier for her to stop eating so much, as opposed to altering all hotels around the world.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I think we’re well past that stage with this particular lady.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
She must have gotten the message that DOVE soap is sending now ... 'fat liberation'.
Instead of losing weight to fit in with everyone else, she's embracing morbid obesity
and making everyone else accommodate her. Selfish. Unhealthy.

edit on 10/2/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join