It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus-size lady who petitioned for free-extra plane seats now calls on hotels to enlarge hallways

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You really crack me up

Maybe try looking at what I was responding to before addressing things you weren't even replied to.

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

Being too tall or too short is 100% different than choosing to be overweight.

One cannot decide to be too tall or too short but, 99% of those that are obese choose to be that way. There are those that, medically speaking, cannot lose weight. Not unheard of, but this is not the case here.

ETA

They are blaming the portion sizes people get from restaurants as a contributing cause...maybe McDonald's should make their food smaller?

www.forbes.com...

Eating at McDonalds is a choice in reference to what Quint said.

Never once did I say this lady is super sizing her meals at Mcdonalds every day and not seeing a dietitian.
edit on 2-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Muldar

You tried to relate pulmonary hypertension to obesity. But how? How do you know it was caused by her being obese??

I did no such thing.

Again, you claimed she's only 26 and is healthy. But, I linked that she's had 25 hospital stays AND that she has pulmonary hypertension, That's is not healthy.

Being in and out of homeless shelters as a teenager isn't healthy either.

What I'm doing is calling you out for shaming a young lady, who you assert chooses to be morbidly obese and inflict her suffering on the public, because of her own bad choices.

According to the source and her Instagram account it didn't say anything about obesity related health issues.

Having a condition such as pulmonary hypertension may or may not be related to obesity. But it didn't say anything about this condition and obesity in any of the links. In many cases pulmonary hypertension has no known causes according to the article I linked.

She may have chosen to be obese. Who said that obesity was caused by something else. You have assumed that something else caused her to be obese? Such as what??

I didn't shame her at all. You need to look at the OP

Let's see how to deal with this matter. First of all, this isn't a thread mocking overweight or obese people.

Unless there is a medical reason for which one is unable to loose weight or finds it very difficult then the mission of a person who is evidently obese and quite young is not to go on a moral crusade and argue about size-inclusivity and body diversity, but to change their lives, change dramatically their eating habits and stop eating whatever junk they can find, and start moving and exercising. Proper diet and physical exercise results in miracles.

The person of this story is quite young, only 26 years old, and she seems to be in good health without any medical issues (yet).

I never said this is a thread mocking overweight or obese people. Quite the opposite.

I also said she seems to be in good health given what I ve read in the article and what I saw in her Instagram account. Nowhere I said she is free from any diseases.

edit on 2-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

It’s estimated that a little over 42% of American adults have obesity, while about 30.7% are overweight. Overall, more than two-thirds of U.S. adults in the United States are overweight or have obesity.

www.healthline.com...

Overall, what does two-thirds of U.S. adults in the U.S. translate to in percentage?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You really crack me up

Maybe try looking at what I was responding to before addressing things you weren't even replied to.

One cannot decide to be too tall or too short but, 99% of those that are obese choose to be that way. There are those that, medically speaking, cannot lose weight. Not unheard of, but this is not the case here.

ETA

They are blaming the portion sizes people get from restaurants as a contributing cause...maybe McDonald's should make their food smaller?

www.forbes.com...

Eating at McDonalds is a choice in reference to what Quint said.

Never once did I say this lady is super sizing her meals at Mcdonalds every day and not seeing a dietitian.

The reference was to large portion size in restaurants as per the source I posted, which MAY also be a contributing factor for some people.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You tried to relate pulmonary hypertension to obesity. But how? How do you know it was caused by her being obese??

I did no such thing.

Again, you claimed she's only 26 and is healthy. But, I linked that she's had 25 hospital stays AND that she has pulmonary hypertension, That's is not healthy.

What I'm doing is calling you out for fat shaming a young lady, who you assert chooses to be morbidly obese and inflict her suffering on the public, because of her own bad choices.

Nobody on ATS will ever meet or speak with this person, so no, not shaming anybody.
But of course you need that old saw, when you have no good argument.
Some people think a little effort by somebody to help themselves, is better than childish angry demands of everybody around them. Go figure, what a crazy idea. We know you could never abide by such a thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Not a "contributing factor" it is a conscious choice that those people make. Only people at fault for them not fitting on a plane seat is themselves.

And as I stated, eating that portion is a choice, nobody forces you to eat it.
edit on 2-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

And as I stated, eating that portion is a choice, nobody forces you to eat it.

If the restaurant puts lots of fat/salt in the food then it becomes addictive.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Let's look at what you did say, and the benefit of the doubt you've, thus far, given her.

Because this lady decided that she wants to big a blob the rest of her life, everyone has to accommodate her?

Even if she is diabetic, that, or her other illness, is not an excuse to live your life obese.

What a trailblazer she is......everyone should just be more like her. Let's all gain a couple hundred pounds, then demand that everyone and every place we ever want to go bend thy knee to every whim we have. Because we can't be bothered to care enough about our weight...

That is exactly what she is saying, she would rather everyone accommodate her than take the initiative to be smaller.

edit on 2-10-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Eating that food is a choice.

You can choose to make your meals at home and not eat fast food, not that hard to realize.

Making excuses for people who don't want to take accountability for their actions only makes things worse for them.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Looks like fat shaming to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

I did no such thing.

What I'm doing is calling you out for fat shaming a young lady, who you assert chooses to be morbidly obese and inflict her suffering on the public, because of her own bad choices.

Nobody on ATS will ever meet or speak with this person, so no, not shaming anybody.
But of course you need that old saw, when you have no good argument.
Some people think a little effort by somebody to help themselves, is better than childish angry demands of everybody around them. Go figure, what a crazy idea. We know you could never abide by such a thing.

Precisely!
When there are no arguments they make random baseless accusations.

This is what I said. Anyone can take a look.

Let's see how to deal with this matter. First of all, this isn't a thread mocking overweight or obese people.

Unless there is a medical reason for which one is unable to loose weight or finds it very difficult then the mission of a person who is evidently obese and quite young is not to go on a moral crusade and argue about size-inclusivity and body diversity, but to change their lives, change dramatically their eating habits and stop eating whatever junk they can find, and start moving and exercising. Proper diet and physical exercise results in miracles.

The person of this story is quite young, only 26 years old, and she seems to be in good health without any medical issues (yet)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Congrats, you can read!!!! I am so proud of you sookie

Where, in those quotes, did I say she orders large fries at Mcdonalds or does not see a dietitian?

Nowhere?

Glad we got that cleared up for you, I know reading comprehension is hard for some of you

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Looks like fat shaming to me.

Prove it

This is what I said

The person of this story is quite young, only 26 years old, and she seems to be in good health without any medical issues (yet).

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

No, it's not making excuses for someone that expects society to change for their choices.

Big difference

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Overall, what does two-thirds of U.S. adults in the U.S. translate to in percentage?

damn your sad, it even quotes the links i posted and says nothing about 69% or two thirds. stop misrepresenting facts and read what's there.

the only thing that has any mention of a 60's number is about insurance.

from your link,

Research shows that historically marginalized groups living in low income households have 68% fewer odds of having health insurance than people who are white, have no or limited health issues, and live in higher income households.

edit on 2-10-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Well, that clinches it!

The person of this story is quite young, only 26 years old, and she seems to be in good health without any medical issues

And, you've been shown that this is an incorrect assumption, on your part.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This lady complains left and right about discrimination. Do you KNOW how spoiled a nation must be for people to start complaining that they are too fat for everything!! Go vacation in Papua New Guinea! You will lose TONS of weight there in a nation with REAL problems as the natives hunt you down having never seen an animal that wears clothes! Then come back and tell everyone just how oppressed you are that when traveling to Paris and Tahiti, you’re too fat to walk the halls comfortably!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Well, that clinches it!

Clinches what?

The fact that you don't even know who you are talking to or who said what in a thread?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The reason for the obesity is secondary, if 69% of Americans are in the obese range then they are a majority and if your customers, patrons or patients then they should be accommodated at the very least, with seating and wider doorways, perhaps.

ETA

www.forbes.com...

Lol, just like you guys do with guns.

It’s never the person’s fault. Or even slightly.

It’s the food’s fault, the spoon maker’s fault, the hotel builder’s fault, the airplane’s fault. Or whatever we must assume about the person, to achieve no-fault victimhood. Especially medical. Just assume up 10 pitiful illnesses that caused it all.

And always the gun’s fault.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Well, that clinches it!

Clinches what?

The fact that you don't even know who you are talking to or who said what in a thread?

Meh, bleh, none of that is needed for virtue signaling and victim creation.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join