It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus-size lady who petitioned for free-extra plane seats now calls on hotels to enlarge hallways

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

No, it's not making excuses for someone that expects society to change for their choices.

There you go again, judging her as if YOU KNOW what her choices are and have been, and that you KNOW that her choices made her fat, fatter and fat, fat fattest!

It's all her fault for being indulgent and weak, right?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Muldar

Never once did I say this lady is super sizing her meals at Mcdonalds every day and not seeing a dietitian.

Well, that clinches it!

The person of this story is quite young, only 26 years old, and she seems to be in good health without any medical issues

And, you've been shown that this is an incorrect assumption, on your part.

Never once did I say this lady is super sizing her meals at Mcdonalds every day and not seeing a dietitian.

That's not my words by the way but you have copied and pasted what someone else said and attributed to me.... You seem to be very confused.

For the second paragraph I just said what I read in the article that didn't mention any obesity related problems. And I may be correct as pulmonary hypertension isn't necessarily related to obesity. In fact many cases have unknown origin.

So I don't see anything wrong with my OP.

You made claims that I am shaming her but there is no evidence at all that I did.
edit on 2-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
She's a fatass and we all have to change because she has obesity issues. F-off! Figure out how to make your fat life work for you and don't expect anyone to make amendments to their life to appease you.
Grow the F up!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

Well, that clinches it!

The person of this story is quite young, only 26 years old, and she seems to be in good health without any medical issues

And, you've been shown that this is an incorrect assumption, on your part.

That's not my words by the way but you have copied and pasted what someone else said and attributed to me.... You seem to be very confused.

For the second paragraph I just said what I read in the article that didn't mention any obesity related problems. And I may be correct as pulmonary hypertension isn't necessarily related to obesity. In fact many cases have unknown origin.

So I don't see anything wrong with my OP.

You made claims that I am shaming her but there is no evidence at all that I did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

(post by quintessentone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

a reply to: quintessentone

But they're both guilty of fat shaming, as are several others piling on the hate in this thread.

What it looks like to me is some fat shaming but mostly the same old same old 'no accommodation for you' and we all know what I am referring to.

ETA:

And to you OP, using the word 'inclusivity' in your opening post gives it away.

I am sorry but not everyone is obliged to change their ways or give two seats in an airplane to an obese person (second seat free of charge) or try to satisfy the demands made in the name of inclusivity.

The company and some facets of society have the duty to accommodate their customers' needs and with a growing obesity problem in the U.S. why is that not even a consideration? It could apply to the baby boomers that may have become sedentary and forced to take drugs due to disabilities/comorbidities that promote weight gain, should this group's needs be ignored?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

If they are actively choosing to force others to accommodate her, instead of doing something on her end to make things better, that is the choice she is making. That is a pretty visible choice that she is making, don't ya think?

Therefore, making it her own fault, and nobody else.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You and Quint keep throwing around that "fat shaming" bs as if we are making fun of her for it, we are simply implying that it is not the worlds fault that she is fat.

Stating facts and observations is hardly fat shaming.

But I can see why that is yalls favorite trigger word for this thread, since it's not about the good ole alphabet mafia you two hold near and dear to your hearts.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

a reply to: quintessentone

But they're both guilty of fat shaming, as are several others piling on the hate in this thread.

What it looks like to me is some fat shaming but mostly the same old same old 'no accommodation for you' and we all know what I am referring to.

ETA:

And to you OP, using the word 'inclusivity' in your opening post gives it away.

I am sorry but not everyone is obliged to change their ways or give two seats in an airplane to an obese person (second seat free of charge) or try to satisfy the demands made in the name of inclusivity.

The company and some facets of society have the duty to accommodate their customers' needs and with a growing obesity problem in the U.S. why is that not even a consideration? It could apply to the baby boomers that may have become sedentary and forced to take drugs due to disabilities/comorbidities that promote weight gain, should this group's needs be ignored?

I don't think that's true.
An airplane company for example is not obliged to give a seat or two for free if there is an obese person who requires two or three seats.

Some drugs and some conditions associated with weight gain. But that's not what we discuss here though.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

You and Quint keep throwing around that "fat shaming" bs as if we are making fun of her for it, we are simply implying that it is not the worlds fault that she is fat.

But I can see why that is yalls favorite trigger word for this thread, since it's not about the good ole alphabet mafia you two hold near and dear to your hearts.

When you deny her disabilities and perhaps prescription drugs being the cause of weight gain, then calling her a blob, what else can it be but fat shaming and embracing ignorance?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO BE POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Alleluia!!

Someone said it in the end!!

Applause from me!!

This thread is about the demands she was making and whether these demands are realistic. Not about fat shaming as claimed earlier. I don't think there would be much sympathy when anyone makes these kind of demands instead of taking drastic action to make things better because of being in this state of health.
edit on 2-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Why could she not just go on a Diet to Lose Weight ? Some People are Odd........

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join