It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus-size lady who petitioned for free-extra plane seats now calls on hotels to enlarge hallways

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
Where is your source for that statement?

Causes of obesity ... easily googled. CDC Basic Causes of Obesity
Eating patterns, physical activity levels, sleep routines are the top causes listed.
Those are CHOICES a person makes.
Things like genetics are an 'also' added on.
In other words ... not playing a primary role like eating patterns.

Obesity is a complex disease that occurs when an individual’s weight is higher than what is considered healthy for his or her height. Obesity affects children as well as adults. Many factors can contribute to excess weight gain including eating patterns, physical activity levels, and sleep routines. Social determinants of health, genetics, and taking certain medications also play a role.

Genetic changes in human populations occur too slowly to be responsible for the obesity epidemic

edit on 10/2/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Do you have sources to prove that making these accommodations at hotels and other business will be "quick and easy" and "worth their while to do so"?

I know you are mad that someone has a decent argument against your asinine opinion but it's okay. You don't have to believe everything that some entitle self proclaimed victim on Instagram says.

She could easily choose to make her life better and be the change instead of demanding it form others. But again, you and the left just want everyone to bend and bow to their views and make everything special because they are special.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

She's a social influencer on an activist band wagon. She sees obesity as a disability and wants the public to protect it as such. But obesity is NOT a disability, according to the American Disabilities Act.

It gets complicated. Diabetes is a disability that often causes obesity and blindness. Blindness is a disability.

So, as any good activist, she is, non-violently, making lots of noise asking for the moon and the stars, on behalf of all obese people. With any luck, maybe someday, obesity will qualify as a disability under the American Disabilities Act.

edit on 2-10-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So, if they create Obese Rooms in Hotels will they only be rented to Obese people? I want a bigger room. LOL. Same thing with planes. I want a bigger seat.

Had a friend growing up who would always get a handicapped room at a hotel because you usually got a bigger bathroom.

Deep down she is crying out for help. Put the Big Mac down....

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Diabetes is a disability that often causes obesity and blindness.

Obesity causes diabetes but I googled and can't find where diabetes causes obesity.
Do you have any information showing that diabetes causes obesity?
Or did you get it backwards and you meant obesity causes diabetes?
edit on 10/2/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Where is your source for that statement?

Causes of obesity ... easily googled. CDC Basic Causes of Obesity
Eating patterns, physical activity levels, sleep routines are the top causes listed.
Those are CHOICES a person makes.
Things like genetics are an 'also' added on.
In other words ... not playing a primary role like eating patterns.

Obesity is a complex disease that occurs when an individual’s weight is higher than what is considered healthy for his or her height. Obesity affects children as well as adults. Many factors can contribute to excess weight gain including eating patterns, physical activity levels, and sleep routines. Social determinants of health, genetics, and taking certain medications also play a role.

Genetic changes in human populations occur too slowly to be responsible for the obesity epidemic

I was asking for a source which confirms 99% of obesity is caused by choice? I see you can't provide those statistics either.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

She's a social influencer on an activist band wagon. She sees obesity as a disability and wants the public to protect it as such. But obesity is NOT a disability, according to the American Disabilities Act.

It gets complicated. Diabetes is a disability that often causes obesity and blindness. Blindness is a disability.

So, as any good activist, she is, non-violently, making lots of noise asking for the moon and the stars, on behalf of all obese people. With any luck, maybe someday, obesity will qualify as a disability under the American Disabilities Act.

If her disabilities and all that comes with a disability caused her obesity then 'yes' she is disabled and should be accommodated where and when possible.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

edit on 2-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I was asking for a source which confirms 99% of obesity is caused by choice? I see you can't provide those statistics either.

You did see where the cause of obesity is because of choice, right?
Occasionally it can be blamed on drugs. Even less so on genetics.
But you did see that CHOICE is the primary cause of obesity .. right?
It's right there. I spoon fed it to you.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Do you have sources to prove that making these accommodations at hotels and other business will be "quick and easy" and "worth their while to do so"?

I know you are mad that someone has a decent argument against your asinine opinion but it's okay. You don't have to believe everything that some entitle self proclaimed victim on Instagram says.

She could easily choose to make her life better and be the change instead of demanding it form others. But again, you and the left just want everyone to bend and bow to their views and make everything special because they are special.

Still opining and not providing facts, as per usual.

Prove it is by her choice and not because of her disabilities/drugs for said disabilities.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Obesity can, but isn't specifically linked, lead to diabetes, not the other way around.

link   

Diabetes is a disability that often causes obesity and blindness.

Obesity causes diabetes but I googled and can't find where diabetes causes obesity.
Do you have any information showing that diabetes causes obesity?
Or did you get it backwards and you meant obesity causes diabetes?

Read carefully:

The exact cause of most types of diabetes is unknown. In all cases, sugar builds up in the bloodstream. This is because the pancreas doesn't produce enough insulin. Both type 1 and type 2 diabetes may be caused by a combination of genetic or environmental factors.

www.mayoclinic.org...#:~:text=The%20exact%20cause%20of%20most,of%20genetic%20or%20envir onmental%20factors.

link   

What disability does she have?

Give me that information first

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

They can't see through their $#it goggles, you need to spell it out in big bold letters for them

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Read carefully:

That doesn't say that diabetes causes obesity.
We know that obesity causes diabetes.
That's established science.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
People are eating more, eating more crap-food, and exercising less.

Thus, we get the fatty-boomba-latties.

Businesses should not reconfigure how they do business because ol gal can't get enough cheese burrito's.

link   

a reply to: FlyersFan
They can't see through their $#it goggles, you need to spell it out in big bold letters for them

I spoon fed him pablum. Easy to understand and from a credible source. Not to mention that it's common sense. Eating patterns, physical activity levels, sleep routines are the primary and usual causes of obesity. Those are CHOICES.

link   

Read carefully:

That doesn't say that diabetes causes obesity.
We know that obesity causes diabetes.
That's established science.

The Mayo Clinic just told us all they don't know what causes diabetes...WTF?

Other clinics say just because you are obese does not mean you will get diabetes.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What disability does she have?

She can't say no to cheesecake.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Lmao..how about..NO!

Maybe eat less, nobody has to accommodate "your" problem.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join