It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California girl sues doctors over breast removal gender-affirmation surgery at 13

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Why don't you define this sentence:

"Layla was a severely troubled 11-year-old when she self-diagnosed herself as suffering from gender dysphoria."

What does severely troubled mean to you?

What does self-diagnosed mean to you? 80%+ of young people who identify as trans are actually just gay.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

a reply to: linda72

45% of children who receive gender-surgery end up committing suicide.

are you serious mate ? Christ I hope you are mistaken.

Nope, there are numerous articles on the subject. Pre-transition, post-transition, it screws up the kids in a big way.

And it's getting worse, not better.

Which is what the leftists probably wanted.

Yes, it is extremely high, being a kid is tough enough especially today where they can be bullied 24/7.

No doubt a child with these problems on top of everything else probably isn't going to have the coping skills needed. It snowballs into thier sexuality and they latch on to it as the only cause the only reason for thier pain and confusion.

Hell, so-called normal kids have debilitating issues, self-harm, depression, anxiety, obesity, drug abuse, alcohol, etc. are still prevalent. Shouldn't we find irreversible surgical procedures for all tweens and teens with these afflictions as well?

That is why, first and foremost. . . . .

LEAVE THE CHILDREN ALONE!

We can't leave the children alone to work out their own issues or suicidal thoughts as most parents don't have a clue what to do in these situations that's why they seek help from their doctor and it is at that point that the doctor decides if other medical professionals need to provide treatment.

I wonder if there is a correlation between the rise in trans activism and the rise in suicides.

I'll bet there is.

If you leave out all the other factors that play into why young people commit suicide, then you will win your bet.

Everything else is consistent, the only variable is the rise in trans activism.

Trans activism is killing children.

Studies prove it is anti-trans that is causing the problems...societal intolerance is the culprit.

Like studies that it was a good idea to give oxytocin to people?

You have too much trust in a society that wants a quick fix from a pill or surgery, and a greedy medical industry all too happy to reap the profits.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Nope, there are numerous articles on the subject. Pre-transition, post-transition, it screws up the kids in a big way.

Yes, it is extremely high, being a kid is tough enough especially today where they can be bullied 24/7.

No doubt a child with these problems on top of everything else probably isn't going to have the coping skills needed. It snowballs into thier sexuality and they latch on to it as the only cause the only reason for thier pain and confusion.

Hell, so-called normal kids have debilitating issues, self-harm, depression, anxiety, obesity, drug abuse, alcohol, etc. are still prevalent. Shouldn't we find irreversible surgical procedures for all tweens and teens with these afflictions as well?

We can't leave the children alone to work out their own issues or suicidal thoughts as most parents don't have a clue what to do in these situations that's why they seek help from their doctor and it is at that point that the doctor decides if other medical professionals need to provide treatment.

I wonder if there is a correlation between the rise in trans activism and the rise in suicides.

I'll bet there is.

If you leave out all the other factors that play into why young people commit suicide, then you will win your bet.

Studies prove it is anti-trans that is causing the problems...societal intolerance is the culprit.

Trans activism is producing a pushback because of their extremist views.

Question; Do you, like trans activists, believe that everyone is born trans and that it is the harmful parenting pushing heterosexual behavior that is causing this?

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Why don't you define this sentence:

"Layla was a severely troubled 11-year-old when she self-diagnosed herself as suffering from gender dysphoria."

What does severely troubled mean to you?

What does self-diagnosed mean to you? 80%+ of young people who identify as trans are actually just gay.

I just read where the first doctors at that medical clinic seeing Layla refused to treat her because she was too young, but the parent(s) and Layla insisted so much so that they were then referred to three other doctors who started the treatment.

I also read where Layla had severe problems before transition and because of her unrealistic thoughts of how society would treat her afterwards, she then became disillusioned and unhappy with her transition. It all seems to have hinged on how society would treat them after transitioning. Did the doctors prepare Layla for the harsh realities of the anti-trans sentiment she would face? Whose responsibility would that be to prepare these patients for the realities of an intolerant society?

A lot needs to be unpacked here. It well be that the doctors could be at fault but that remains to be proven.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I'll bet there is.

Question; Do you, like trans activists, believe that everyone is born trans and that it is the harmful parenting pushing heterosexual behavior that is causing this?

Since I am not a trans activist I cannot answer like them.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'll bet there is.

For society. Probably need to take a stand and stop rewarding “stars and influencers” playing the tart. What are children supposed to think when they see how people like the Kardashians get rich and famous, and society has made lust and sex synonymous with love. And being loved and self worth.

There is a reason the power structure wants the population confused, drunk, high, and over sexualized.
edit on 16-6-2023 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I'll bet there is.

I didn't ask if you were a trans activist, I stated "Do you, like trans activists,"

Are you afraid to answer?

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I just read where the first doctors at that medical clinic seeing Layla refused to treat her because she was too young, but the parent(s) and Layla insisted so much so that they were then referred to three other doctors who started the treatment.

It takes years to actually diagnose, and it also seems to not be good to start transitions before puberty as the person gets stuck in some somewhere in-between state. Jazz who transition very young didn't have enough penis yet to create what was needed and so is dealing with some pretty horrendous issues with how they ended up doing it.

I also read where Layla had severe problems before transition and because of her unrealistic thoughts of how society would treat her afterwards, she then became disillusioned and unhappy with her transition. It all seems to have hinged on how society would treat them after transitioning. Did the doctors prepare Layla for the harsh realities of the anti-trans sentiment she would face? Whose responsibility would that be to prepare these patients for the realities of an intolerant society?

So kind of like many 11-year-old girls... Once again,m we are talking about an 11-year-old. "intolerant society" oh I see what you did there...

edit on 16-6-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'll bet there is.

I didn't ask if you were a trans activist, I stated "Do you, like trans activists,"

Not at all, the question "do you, like trans activists" shows your agenda in plain sight.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Not at all, the question "do you, like trans activists" shows your agenda in plain sight.

And yet, you refuse to answer, which (in itself) is an answer.

Thank you for outing yourself.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I'll bet there is.

I’m opinionated and will take a stab. I think trans activists know most children are curious at some period in their childhood. It’s usually a phase children grow out of. But instead of being honest and trying to develop healthy none-sexual ways to help children through this phase, they have seized upon this and sexualized it for their own agenda.
edit on 16-6-2023 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatItIs

Yes, at the expense of children which has resulted in an increase in suicides due to the increase in trans activism.

All any rational person asks is to leave children alone, let parents deal with growing issues with children.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It takes years to actually diagnose, and it also seems to not be good to start transitions before puberty as the person gets stuck in some somewhere in-between state. Jazz who transition very young didn't have enough penis yet to create what was needed and so is dealing with some pretty horrendous issues with how they ended up doing it.

So kind of like many 11-year-old girls... Once again,m we are talking about an 11-year-old. "intolerant society" oh I see what you did there...

Here's an interesting read:

When a young child expresses that they are a gender other than their sex assigned at birth, their parents may support them in finding their own, unique identity. This can involve changing the child’s name, clothing or pronouns.

Once a transgender youth reaches puberty, a doctor may prescribe them with reversible puberty blockers to safely delay the effects of puberty. Puberty blockers are not “experimental” treatments, but FDA approved medications that have been used to treat precocious puberty in non-transgender children for several decades. Scientific studies demonstrate that access to puberty blockers reduces suicidal ideation and that parents’ affirmation of their child’s gender identity reduces rates of depression, anxiety, and suicide to levels consistent with their cisgender peers.

The World Professional Association of Transgender Health’s handbook, that doctors and clinicians use to socially, psychologically and medically treat transgender youth, states that irreversible genital surgeries should not be carried out until the individual is of legal age to consent to any procedure. This approach is supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians.

Many transgender people regret not coming out when they were younger, and wish they had support from parents, schools and society to do so. When kids are allowed the freedom to safely express themselves, they are happier, healthier and grow into thriving adults.

www.hrc.org...

So I wonder if Layla was considered a 'mature minor'.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=By%20definition%2C%20a%20%22mature%20minor,decisions%20alone%2C%20without%20parental%20app roval.

There are a lot of questions to be answered in this case.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yes, at the expense of children which has resulted in an increase in suicides due to the increase in trans activism.

All any rational person asks is to leave children alone, let parents deal with growing issues with children.

I don’t get why children just can’t be loved, and just be children.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I will never out myself when there are facts to share and disinformation to bust.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhatItIs

I don’t get why children just can’t be loved, and just be children.

They have become pawns, property of the state, they are nothing more than a means to an end.

Which is sad and rather disgusting (as a father).

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I will never out myself when there are facts to share and disinformation to bust.

lol

I've been warned twice and cautioned multiple times in my debates with you.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a happy fathers day.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

lol

I've been warned twice and cautioned multiple times in my debates with you.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a happy fathers day.

Of course, warnings from the echo chamber...par for the course. lol

You too have a nice weekend and a happy fathers day too.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yes exactly wasn't there a song, perhaps we need a new verse about these doctors and progressive liberal left who promote this crap. Hell, I think 18 is too young, there ought to be multiple stringent maturity and psychological testing well before they start irreversible procedures. Hell, they need courses and presentations from those who have regretted these procedures over and over then wait, and if 6-12 months later they still want the procedure. With suicides and those who regret the decision easily over 50-60% total, how can anybody believe this is the proper way to approach this issue?

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Did you actually read the article you posted? The reasons for the suicides aren't what you are portraying them to be.

bmcpsychiatry.biomedcentral.com...
edit on q00000023630America/Chicago2828America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join