It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California girl sues doctors over breast removal gender-affirmation surgery at 13

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CR4SH0V3R1D3
You say that yet your actions would say otherwise. You seem very bias for someone waiting for the outcome. I’m curious, is it just contrarianism?

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Why don't you define this sentence:

"Layla was a severely troubled 11-year-old when she self-diagnosed herself as suffering from gender dysphoria."

What does severely troubled mean to you?

What does self-diagnosed mean to you? 80%+ of young people who identify as trans are actually just gay.

I just read where the first doctors at that medical clinic seeing Layla refused to treat her because she was too young, but the parent(s) and Layla insisted so much so that they were then referred to three other doctors who started the treatment.

I also read where Layla had severe problems before transition and because of her unrealistic thoughts of how society would treat her afterwards, she then became disillusioned and unhappy with her transition. It all seems to have hinged on how society would treat them after transitioning. Did the doctors prepare Layla for the harsh realities of the anti-trans sentiment she would face? Whose responsibility would that be to prepare these patients for the realities of an intolerant society?

A lot needs to be unpacked here. It well be that the doctors could be at fault but that remains to be proven.
, from the horses mouth

Here's the court document:

www.documentcloud.org...

As I said previously, I will wait until the trial is over so I can learn both sides of the story. Here you all have one side. If you notice Layla was verbalizing self harm and all of this information would have been provided to the three doctors who ultimately ended up giving her the transitioning treatment. It just shows self harming behaviour is very serious and this must have been taken into account by the doctors.

I just like to learn all the facts from both sides. Why is that such a foreign stance to take?

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

"Layla was a severely troubled 11-year-old when she self-diagnosed herself as suffering from gender dysphoria."

What does self-diagnosed mean to you? 80%+ of young people who identify as trans are actually just gay.

I just read where the first doctors at that medical clinic seeing Layla refused to treat her because she was too young, but the parent(s) and Layla insisted so much so that they were then referred to three other doctors who started the treatment.

I also read where Layla had severe problems before transition and because of her unrealistic thoughts of how society would treat her afterwards, she then became disillusioned and unhappy with her transition. It all seems to have hinged on how society would treat them after transitioning. Did the doctors prepare Layla for the harsh realities of the anti-trans sentiment she would face? Whose responsibility would that be to prepare these patients for the realities of an intolerant society?

A lot needs to be unpacked here. It well be that the doctors could be at fault but that remains to be proven.
, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

As I said previously, I will wait until the trial is over so I can learn both sides of the story. Here you all have one side. If you notice Layla was verbalizing self harm and all of this information would have been provided to the three doctors who ultimately ended up giving her the transitioning treatment. It just shows self harming behaviour is very serious and this must have been taken into account by the doctors.
As far as the you all statement… to who are you referring? I’m here from the original ats, where we would scrutinize mars rocks and mj12 document typefaces. So please explain to which group you think I belong. You’re bordering stereotyping someone you know absolutely nothing about… ironic

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   

You say that yet your actions would say otherwise. You seem very bias for someone waiting for the outcome. I’m curious, is it just contrarianism?

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

I just like to learn all the facts from both sides. Why is that such a foreign stance to take?
How many times to I have to point out your obvious bias. Do you know what the term neutral means?

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

I think you might be confusing "act of war" with treason, which in my opinion is what our government is and have been doing. They have been sellouts to other nations for years and no matter how many people point it out and bring it to light, they don't care and they will continue on with what they want that best benefits them.

Treason, silent coup, subversion...etc, these are all acts of war. War is not just about military force, remember the pen is mightier than the sword. China is trying to defeat the USA and be the global hegonomic force. Realeasing the covid virus from Wuhan and with the help of our government preventing any investogation of it's origons was an act of war, biological warfare, financial warfare.
When a president takes bribes to effectively give policy control to our adversaries it is treasonous and an act of war.
Do you think if our country bribed China predident Xi to change his policy to give our country, USA, the global advantage that that would not be an act of war??
It certainly would be, treason is in and of itself an act of war.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

As far as the you all statement… to who are you referring? I’m here from the original ats, where we would scrutinize mars rocks and mj12 document typefaces. So please explain to which group you think I belong. You’re bordering stereotyping someone you know absolutely nothing about… ironic

The you should have been you all here interested, sorry about that. Now it is unfortunate you can't put some of those scrutinizing techniques to this case because nobody here has all the facts but jumping to conclusions is not a good look.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

The you should have been you all here interested, sorry about that. Now it is unfortunate you can't put some of those scrutinizing techniques to this case because nobody here has all the facts but jumping to conclusions is not a good look.
you have no idea on my stance in regards to this case because I’ve not stated it. You are generalizing again in a big way. I unlike you am remaining neutral til all the facts present themselves. Im merely pointing out your major bias portrayed under the guise of neutrality. Btw my lovely skepticism has brought me to you… do with that what you will.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

How many times to I have to point out your obvious bias. Do you know what the term neutral means?

I just provided one side of the story and all I did was point out one fact from it...Layla was telling everyone she was going to drink bleach. If you have counter evidence she never said that, then produce it and we can go from here.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

You say it’s not a good look… as you jump to conclusions constantly.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

you have no idea on my stance in regards to this case because I’ve not stated it. You are generalizing again in a big way. I unlike you am remaining neutral til all the facts present themselves. Im merely pointing out your major bias portrayed under the guise of neutrality. Btw my lovely skepticism has brought me to you… do with that what you will.

I didn't say you had a stance with this case, I said you were jumping to conclusions about me. The generalizing and stereotyping is only being done by you. Read what you post.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

I didn't say you had a stance with this case, I said you were jumping to conclusions about me. The generalizing and stereotyping is only being done by you. Read what you post.
No need to play the victim, you contradict yourself and I’m pointing it out. Have you ever had any experience in an actual debate?

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: Saloon

It was a question not a statement of agreeance

Yes it was

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

No need to play the victim, you contradict yourself and I’m pointing it out. Have you ever had any experience in an actual debate?

Yes, but I'm not likely to here with anyone because it's trolling season.

Anyway, since the beginning of this thread my stance has been to find out if this girl was categorized into a suicide-prone group for treatment and this is where my interest is at this point. From the court document it can be argued that her saying she "will drink bleach" and "there's no point" certainly may fall into that category.
edit on q00000047630America/Chicago2020America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Then there would be no retaliation needed.

I'd retaliate just for thinking about mutilating my daughter.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

Pretty sure that is just assault lol

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

Anyway, since the beginning of this thread my stance has been to find out if this girl was categorized into a suicide-prone group for treatment and this is where my interest is at this point. From the court document it can be argued that her saying she will drink bleach and there's no point certainly falls into that category.
Threatening suicide should not yield immediate gratifying results. It’s just bad behavior reinforcement… any credible therapist would agree. Should every hostage situation end in the demands being met immediately?

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

Anyway, since the beginning of this thread my stance has been to find out if this girl was categorized into a suicide-prone group for treatment and this is where my interest is at this point. From the court document it can be argued that her saying she "will drink bleach" and "there's no point" certainly may fall into that category.
This is the internet, its always trolling season. Keep your head up and act accordingly.
edit on 17-6-2023 by CR4SH0V3R1D3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2023 by CR4SH0V3R1D3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

Anyway, since the beginning of this thread my stance has been to find out if this girl was categorized into a suicide-prone group for treatment and this is where my interest is at this point. From the court document it can be argued that her saying she will drink bleach and there's no point certainly falls into that category.
Threatening suicide should not yield immediate gratifying results. It’s just bad behavior reinforcement… any credible therapist would agree. Should every hostage situation end in the demands being met immediately?

Everything and everybody had a part leading up to this girl's transition. What will come out in court is the trajectory followed and by whom and how. Who knows maybe the flaws along the way can be identified and remedied and not just throwing out the baby with the bathwater scenario that some states think is the answer.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Pretty sure that is just assault lol

Who knows the whole story could be a complete fabrication now days.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

Everything and everybody had a part leading up to this girl's transition. What will come out in court is the trajectory followed and by whom and how. Who knows maybe the flaws along the way can be identified and remedied and not just throwing out the baby with the bathwater scenario that some states think is the answer.
Except you’re suggesting we do the polar opposite… neither is acceptable.

posted on Jun, 17 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

, from the horses mouth

www.documentcloud.org...

Except you’re suggesting we do the polar opposite… neither is acceptable.

When it comes to pubescent children I think they should not have surgery but as for hormonal therapy that's a tricky slope because if you read the court document about this case, Layla's mood improved during the surgical part of the transition (see pages 12 and 13 of the court document). So all I am suggesting is read the court document and note the complexities involved.
edit on q00000005630America/Chicago2525America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join