It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California girl sues doctors over breast removal gender-affirmation surgery at 13

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

a reply to: linda72

45% of children who receive gender-surgery end up committing suicide.

are you serious mate ? Christ I hope you are mistaken.

Nope, there are numerous articles on the subject. Pre-transition, post-transition, it screws up the kids in a big way.

And it's getting worse, not better.

Which is what the leftists probably wanted.

Yes, it is extremely high, being a kid is tough enough especially today where they can be bullied 24/7.

No doubt a child with these problems on top of everything else probably isn't going to have the coping skills needed. It snowballs into thier sexuality and they latch on to it as the only cause the only reason for thier pain and confusion.

Hell, so-called normal kids have debilitating issues, self-harm, depression, anxiety, obesity, drug abuse, alcohol, etc. are still prevalent. Shouldn't we find irreversible surgical procedures for all tweens and teens with these afflictions as well?

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   

"Layla was a severely troubled 11-year-old when she self-diagnosed herself as suffering from gender dysphoria."

I think the troubling words here are "self-diagnosed." No need to look deeper doctor, we have the self-diagnosis of an 11 year old. Start the puberty blockers!
edit on 16-6-2023 by Dapaga because: added age for effect

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Nice try. I wasn’t saying it applies, I asked for an answer in the stated context only. The question I posted should be easy for you.

If it would have been presented to me, I could answer it very easily.

link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: WhatItIs

originally posted by: linda72

originally posted by: ketsuko

Isn't quintessentone supposed to trust the experts? Wouldn't they have been the ones to recommend a psychological consult as the experts over the parents?

Depends on the experts-

Was this girl a suicide risk? Simple question.

You treat a someone you think might be suicidal by pumping them full of hormones and cutting off body parts?

Why do you think the parents, psychologists and doctors chose that course of treatment? Don't know? Well we will find out during the courtroom trial. In the meantime, learn some facts.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

journals.lww.com...

You don’t treat someone who is suicidal by cutting off good body parts.

If I identified as a worn I should have my arms and legs amputated?

link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

Nice try. I wasn’t saying it applies, I asked for an answer in the stated context only. The question I posted should be easy for you.

If it would have been presented to me, I could answer it very easily.

I prefer not to go off topic. Ask me a question about this case specifically.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Nope, there are numerous articles on the subject. Pre-transition, post-transition, it screws up the kids in a big way.

Yes, it is extremely high, being a kid is tough enough especially today where they can be bullied 24/7.

No doubt a child with these problems on top of everything else probably isn't going to have the coping skills needed. It snowballs into thier sexuality and they latch on to it as the only cause the only reason for thier pain and confusion.

Hell, so-called normal kids have debilitating issues, self-harm, depression, anxiety, obesity, drug abuse, alcohol, etc. are still prevalent. Shouldn't we find irreversible surgical procedures for all tweens and teens with these afflictions as well?

That is why, first and foremost. . . . .

LEAVE THE CHILDREN ALONE!

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Isn't quintessentone supposed to trust the experts? Wouldn't they have been the ones to recommend a psychological consult as the experts over the parents?

Depends on the experts-

You treat a someone you think might be suicidal by pumping them full of hormones and cutting off body parts?

Why do you think the parents, psychologists and doctors chose that course of treatment? Don't know? Well we will find out during the courtroom trial. In the meantime, learn some facts.

journals.lww.com...

Again, these decisions were made by the girl, parents, psychologists and doctors so the question needs to go to all of them.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

We can't leave the children alone to work out their own issues or suicidal thoughts as most parents don't have a clue what to do in these situations that's why they seek help from their doctor and it is at that point that the doctor decides if other medical professionals need to provide treatment.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

Blame the kid? Are you serious? You need a reality check. Kids constantly change their minds. One day they want to be a ballerina, next day a doctor, and for some the week after a boy. It’s what kids do. They need the guidance of their parents, this is where the initial fault lies. Second is the intense social pressures that they face. Then add the doctors that are more than happy to provide expensive medical procedures.

So you go ahead and blame the kid, it’s very unrealistic, you need to rethink your post.

NO.

But where were the parents? Where were the social workers? Wasn't there ANYBODY who could say NO to this kid? But it certainly is not the fault of the medical establishment. THEY are the ones who were FORCED to do the procedure, forced by the parents, forced by the social establishment, forced by the trans advocates. And forced by a kid who had never been told NO in her life. Actions have consequences--even when you are young

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So, you are either AI or a bot, when confronted with a direct question, you refuse to answer, and deflect. This has been the case since you came to ATS. It’s seems you are here for an agenda not a discussion.

All I asked is your opinion on something related. What are you afraid of ?

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So, you are either AI or a bot, when confronted with a direct question, you refuse to answer, and deflect. This has been the case since you came to ATS. It’s seems you are here for an agenda not a discussion.

All I asked is your opinion on something related. What are you afraid of ?

It is off topic and that is against the rules, ask me a question about this case specifically and I will gladly contribute to a discussion.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You prove my point. Where were the parents? Where were the social workers? Where were the doctors that are supposed to follow their Hippocratic oath?. They could have backed out easily. Poor doctors. Yes, when confronted with getting sued no matter which path they take, it would be better to do the right thing for the patient. In this case it’s obvious that they didn’t. Continue to blame a 13 year old kid if you must. The weakest link in the chain.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You prove my point. Where were the parents? Where were the social workers? Where were the doctors that are supposed to follow their Hippocratic oath?. They could have backed out easily. Poor doctors. Yes, when confronted with getting sued no matter which path they take, it would be better to do the right thing for the patient. In this case it’s obvious that they didn’t. Continue to blame a 13 year old kid if you must. The weakest link in the chain.

The more I read about this case the more it appears she was severely troubled and then assessed by the medical professionals as a suicide-prone patient. Obviously the parents and social workers were dealing with this at home and at her school and reached a point where they could not help her.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

We can't leave the children alone to work out their own issues or suicidal thoughts as most parents don't have a clue what to do in these situations that's why they seek help from their doctor and it is at that point that the doctor decides if other medical professionals need to provide treatment.

I wonder if there is a correlation between the rise in trans activism and the rise in suicides.

I'll bet there is.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Depends on the experts-

journals.lww.com...

Again, these decisions were made by the girl, parents, psychologists and doctors so the question needs to go to all of them.

It’s not ethical to cut off body parts and use strong hormone therapy on a developing body that is perfectly healthy.

News flash. There are greedy doctors.

There are kids that don’t get the love and attention they need and deserve so they act out.

You don’t treat a psychological problem by mutilating the body.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I wonder if there is a correlation between the rise in trans activism and the rise in suicides.

I'll bet there is.

If you leave out all the other factors that play into why young people commit suicide, then you will win your bet.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I'll bet there is.

If you leave out all the other factors that play into why young people commit suicide, then you will win your bet.

Everything else is consistent, the only variable is the rise in trans activism.

Trans activism is killing children.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Depends on the experts-

journals.lww.com...

It’s not ethical to cut off body parts and use strong hormone therapy on a developing body that is perfectly healthy.

There are kids that don’t get the love and attention they need and deserve so they act out.

A psychological problem is different than a suicidal-prone problem and it's not up to you or me or anyone not involved in this case to make assumptions. If the doctors did wrong then it should be proved beyond a reasonable doubt and the girl compensated. But it wasn't up to the girl and the surgeons, others were involved along this process.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I'll bet there is.

Everything else is consistent, the only variable is the rise in trans activism.

Trans activism is killing children.

Studies prove it is anti-trans that is causing the problems...societal intolerance is the culprit.

posted on Jun, 16 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Depends on the experts-

journals.lww.com...

A psychological problem is different than a suicidal-prone problem and it's not up to you or me or anyone not involved in this case to make assumptions. If the doctors did wrong then it should be proved beyond a reasonable doubt and the girl compensated. But it wasn't up to the girl and the surgeons, others were involved along this process.

What? Suicidal problem is a physiological problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join