It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knew This Was Coming

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

break it down to the basics. Womens Basketball. Should men play that sport? No.
Men's MMA, should women play that sport? No. I'm sensing a pattern.

Now if your argument that it's unfair that the best players keep winning, you really should recluse yourself from conversation, pretty much forever.

If you are in a sport and there are people who are better than you, practice and work hard. If you do that and still get beat, there is a chance the other person is just better. It happens, has happened, will happen again, and is in no way unfair, it's just how things work.

The very fact that anyone has to argue against men competing against women in women's sports is sofaking clown world, I find no words to do it justice. When you look back on this time, you will shake your head at you.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I wonder which prominent ATS member this was?

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Early maturation does not create the same kind of gap, nor is it a lasting gap. Yes, as a parent of a late bloomer, it can be frustrating, but I had to deal with it as a child myself.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

break it down to the basics. Womens Basketball. Should men play that sport? No.
Men's MMA, should women play that sport? No. I'm sensing a pattern.

Now if your argument that it's unfair that the best players keep winning, you really should recluse yourself from conversation, pretty much forever.

If you are in a sport and there are people who are better than you, practice and work hard. If you do that and still get beat, there is a chance the other person is just better. It happens, has happened, will happen again, and is in no way unfair, it's just how things work.

The very fact that anyone has to argue against men competing against women in women's sports is sofaking clown world, I find no words to do it justice. When you look back on this time, you will shake your head at you.

From the first page of this OP...

He stopped the entire event. He also pointed at another girl who also had short hair. He then piped in and said, 'Well, if she is not a boy, then she is obviously trans.'"

Star said the man's wife then started calling her "a genital mutilator, a groomer, and a pedophile.

...this is what I am addressing here.

Anti-trans people treating children and others at an athletic event in an atrocious manner.

My point, which you keep missing, is that this incident is really not about physical advantages in children's sports, it's about everyone ignoring past and existing physical advantages/disadvantages in children's sports, e.g. early maturation advantages, and only looking for the trans.

Actually, there are many factors that can contribute to athletic advantages or disadvantages..

The quality of neuromuscular performance, especially of the upper and lower limbs, has been identified as a determinant for physical health and success in several sports skills [1,2]. However, several biological and environmental factors can interfere with the neuromuscular quality of skills that require the use of motor coordination and muscle strength [3,4,5]. At the biological level, we can highlight the puberty process, which is the triggering of improvements in neurological, muscular, skeletal, and endocrine systems [6]. Among the environmental factors, we can highlight the level of physical activity, nutrition and quality of sleep, which are extremely important for the quality of the biological maturation process

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Many factors play a part in athletics including environmental which makes children's sports unfair on many levels.
edit on q00000057630America/Chicago1010America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Early maturation does not create the same kind of gap, nor is it a lasting gap. Yes, as a parent of a late bloomer, it can be frustrating, but I had to deal with it as a child myself.

The advantage gaps from the study are:

The performance of upper and lower limb strength and body speed were analyzed. Results: Hormonal and maturational markers were related to neuromuscular performance (p < 0.05). Young people with higher testosterone levels showed higher muscle strength (p < 0.05). Artificial neural networks showed that testosterone predicted the performance of upper limbs by 49%, and maturation by 60%. Maturation foreshadowed the performance of lower limbs by 30.3%. Conclusion: Biological maturation and hormonal levels can be related to neuromuscular performance, and young people with higher testosterone levels show superior muscle strength in relation to the others.

Seems a lot to me.
edit on q00000000630America/Chicago4242America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

the grandparents who made a stink over this were wrong. It was in Canada, not the US, so who knows what laws exist there, you may go to jail for not sucking the toes of transgender people correctly.

But your tangent argument about kids sports being unfair is as DERP as the biological man playing women's sports. If you think it's unfair, don't let your kid play, it's just that simple. Some kids play because they want to be part of a team, and because it's fun. And some play to win.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

the grandparents who made a stink over this were wrong. It was in Canada, not the US, so who knows what laws exist there, you may go to jail for not sucking the toes of transgender people correctly.

But your tangent argument about kids sports being unfair is as DERP as the biological man playing women's sports. If you think it's unfair, don't let your kid play, it's just that simple. Some kids play because they want to be part of a team, and because it's fun. And some play to win.

So is having a rational discussion on ATS now considered having a tangent argument type of thing? Where is the DERP?

I am pointing out that it's always been unfair in children's sports and nobody said or did anything to address it. Now with anti-trans the unfairness is being brought out into the light.

I know the different reasons kids play sports, but do you know why some parents/guardians get themselves overly involved in same?
edit on q00000007630America/Chicago4343America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
Holy crap, just because she had short hair..

Wow.

10 out of 150,000. Unbelievable.

People have nothing better to do than be angry. Constant hatred and anger. these people clearly hate their lot in live. I can’t think of any other reason why they'd be so angry all the time. 10 out of 150,000.

Aren't you one of the posters here who bitch and complain constantly about the KKK when 0 out of the 150 active members never even come out?

Wow. Unbelievable. Constant hatred and anger.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Wow.

People have nothing better to do than be angry. Constant hatred and anger. these people clearly hate their lot in live. I can’t think of any other reason why they'd be so angry all the time. 10 out of 150,000.

Aren't you one of the posters here who bitch and complain constantly about the KKK when 0 out of the 150 active members never even come out?

How do they do their recruitment via internet?

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

a reply to: knoxie

just silly Canadians being silly.

No, just transphobia taking a firm foothold there and in the U.S.A. Here is news quite a number of you will be happy to read.

www.scmp.com...

What? People not wanting abnormal, mentally ill people mingling with or brainwashing their children? Say it ain't so. How terrible.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Wow.

I have no idea, maybe you can enlighten me.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No, just transphobia taking a firm foothold there and in the U.S.A. Here is news quite a number of you will be happy to read.

www.scmp.com...

What? People not wanting abnormal, mentally ill people mingling with or brainwashing their children? Say it ain't so. How terrible.

Rather keeping anti-trans haters who persecute others for being different.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Sports parents are awful.

Do you know what happened where I was at this weekend? The event was team sparring, and it gets quite intense. You can cheer for competitors, but there is *NO COACHING*. Even something as seemingly innocuous as "goid aggression" after the fact can be warned, and repeat offenses can get you tossed or your competitor DQed.

One of the parents got warned against coaching by a suited Master. Said parent got quite angry as in near physical altercation. Master threatened to physically remove the parent.

He was mainly upset at the warning and the atmosphere was heated.

Increasingly parents, etc., do not understand the rules of sportsmanship.

edit on 13-6-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

You know what is on the decline? Women's rights and privacy. Hatred and disregard for biological women on the rise. Women standing up for themselves is now labelled "transphobia."

You all overused all the lazy insults, ranging from calling anyone who disagrees with your extreme views Nazis, racists (calling black republicans uncle toms and white supremacists) homophobes, transphobes, etc and by doing so watering down these terms to the point of losing all meaning.

They're a badge of honor now. Being called any of those things lets me know that I'm just a normal American without an extremist agenda.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Wow.

Asking you because you know that 0 out of 150 KKK never come out. You did post that did you not?

Asking you because you seem know quite a lot..."that 0 out of 150 KKK never come out." You did post that did you not?

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

www.scmp.com...

I get persecuted for being straight and white, # em.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Froggyboy....tsk tsk from me. SMH
I did google these, but you should have done that before you started making them part of your argument.

a reply to: frogs453

In the case of Ohio
sb132_00_IN
"Save Women's Sports Act"

The most recent article is one that was published in december 2022, as follows :
Ohio bill that originally required genital exams for student-athletes dies in legislature

I found no recent legislature regarding this issue
--------------------------

In the case of Idaho
Idaho HOUSE BILL NO. 500
"Fairness in women's sports act"

03/20 Reported Signed by Governor on March 30, 2020
Session Law Chapter 333
Effective: 07/01/2020

In August 2020 the bill was struck down by a federal judge
Federal judge says Idaho cannot ban transgender athletes from women’s sports teams

"Gov. Brad Little signed the “Fairness in Women’s Sports Act” in March, which would not allow athletes to participate on a women’s team without first verifying that person’s “internal and external reproductive anatomy” if her sex is disputed. But Judge David Nye granted a motion for a preliminary injunction against the act Monday."

AGAIN there is NO recent legislation regarding this issue
--------------------------

In the case of Kansas
HB 2238
The "fairness in women's sports act" passed comitte and was introduces as law Tuesday, January 31st, 2023
There are 2 VERY important things to note here:
1) Kansas law doesn’t authorize genital exams for student athletes

"THE FACTS: Social media posts are claiming a new transgender athlete ban in Kansas gives school officials the authority to look at children’s genitals in order for them to play sports."

AND, even more important :
2) Message from the governor

"Therefore, under Article 2, Section 14(a) of the Constitution, I hereby veto House Bill 2238"

From this information I can summarize many things

1) people REALLY.....REALLY need to start doing their own DD......REALLY
2) Stop relying on social media for news sources, JUST STOP....
And most important!!!!!!!
3) Stop letting these politicians have free reign. there are plenty of resources to track what they are doing and when so we can take action before stuff this becomes an issue, and that applies to every one!!!
4) Im going to stop now before i start becoming insulting, im very disappointed...When the FVK did I become the voice of reason

I am sorry, I have not yet, but I will read the link you gave.
hopefully we can discuss at some point in the future

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Wow.

Asking you because you know that 0 out of 150 KKK never come out. You did post that did you not?

Asking you because you seem know quite a lot..."that 0 out of 150 KKK never come out." You did post that did you not?

Sure did. Let me know next time you see the pointed hoods out causing trouble.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Wow.

Sure did. Let me know next time you see the pointed hoods out causing trouble.

Do they just sit around indoors in silence and wait for their numbers to dwindle due to old age and death?

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

www.scmp.com...

I get persecuted for being straight and white, # em.

I highly doubt that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join