It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bud Light, Your Reputation Is a Mess and There’s No Easy Fix

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

It's like the new sorority "sister" at Kappa Kappa something at the University of Wyoming. This is a 6' something, 200lb plus, biologically intact male who freely roams the entire house and has arousal issues. This makes life very difficult for the others.

Truthfully, there was a time when something like this could be called sexual harassment, but if the person in question calls themselves a woman, we now ignore all the reasons why it's sexual harassment.

edit on 18-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Nope

I said wig

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's like the new sorority "sister" at Kappa Kappa something at the University of Wyoming. This is a 6' something, 200lb plus, biologically intact male who freely roams the entire house and has arousal issues. This makes life very difficult for the others.

Uh, yeah, speechless on that one.

If people cant see the issue they must be utterly blind.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=27008863]quintessentone[/he'll.

Yes, disagree with everything or you can disagree with nothing.

Slimy and disingenuous.

Not really, there is a middle area called reasonableness.
edit on q00000007531America/Chicago1919America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Politics, transexuals, beer, a few more "hot" button issues like this one should insure the GOP a win come 24, if you can get the DGAF crowd off their collective asses.

Perhaps it's just me, but this rightwing obsession with "trans" seems a bit low budget for a well disposed agenda.

edit on 18-5-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

No. We have heard it several times in this thread: They're tolerant. Of course, they are also likely in a position where this will almost certainly cost them nothing, and they get the leverage of assuming moral superiority.

link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Then, as said before, you have no argument.

I am very tolerant, I treat everyone equal. If you are an ahole to me, I will be one right back. If you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. If you try to force your ideology down my throat and call me a bigot/transphobe because I don't care what you "identify" as, I will ignore you and any argument you have or "facts" carry no weight

But your and others' attitude here is antagonistic, and fits the description of bigot.

big·ot

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No. We have heard it several times in this thread: They're tolerant. Of course, they are also likely in a position where this will almost certainly cost them nothing, and they get the leverage of assuming moral superiority.

I don't feel moral superiority to anyone. You keep bringing that up for some unknown reason. If you want to be intolerant of others' for whatever reason, then 'live and let live'. Your behaviour does not affect my life at all.

I am here to discuss how big business puts out their mission statements of tolerance but as soon as sales slump, they kick that marketing ploy to the curb.

Someone please start a transgender bashing thread so I and some others here can get back to discussing this company's failed attempt at feigning inclusivity.
edit on q00000016531America/Chicago0505America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I am not being antagonistic towards trans people, and even if I was, you said you weren't trans....So I am clearly not being antagonistic towards you.

I am trying to get you to show facts for an conversation you, willingly, jumped into the middle of. That is called accountability not, antagonistic.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I am not being antagonistic towards trans people, and even if I was, you said you weren't trans....So I am clearly not being antagonistic towards you.

I am trying to get you to show facts for an conversation you, willingly, jumped into the middle of. That is called accountability not, antagonistic.

Can we get back to discussing Bud Light and the company's stupidity? That's what I'm on this thread for. The conversation here will, of course, veer off into the transgender topic and we are all guilty of falling into that behaviour, but for me I initially came here to discuss this particular company's behaviour and their disingenuous marketing schemes.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Inclusivity is the problem.

Why?

Was it exclusive before? It certainly seems to be now. DEI often means including at the cost of someone else, they get excluded. Usually that's the perceived majority because all the rest of the world is theirs. Right?

But is it when everyone "includes" them away? And that's a serious question. Think about it.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

You are not Mulvaney, I am not asking him anything, I am asking you.

They are both very much open to people who want to show and give facts for the argument they want to make. But, for people like you who want to make an argument then tell me to go look for myself, they are laughing.

Your questions are best answered by a transgendered person. Or did you want to know why I am so tolerant of others?

How much farther will you go out of the way to avoid saying that the trans already has every right that normal people have?

If anything, they have more rights than us because a male tranny can use the women's bathroom and I can't.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This pushback against bud isn't just a knee-jerk reaction to a corporation gone woke. Its easy to frame it that way and then take pot shots at it. But, its bigger than that and far more important than just beer.

The lgbt agenda made a huge mistake when they targeted 5 year olds. No one in their right minds, operative word being 'right,' would allow any adult to talk about sexual topics with a 5 year old. Any adult who did try to do that should have been arrested for contributing at the very least. Although the media tries to portray this very vocal minority as being much larger than it appears, by far the greater majority are possessing of more traditional values, especially where children are concerned.

The idea that children are being groomed, coerced, in secret with clubs and programs in schools being hidden from parents, is so blatantly offensive to most people that the legality of such activities is, for all intents and purposes, moot. Its wrong in so many more ways then just legally. It is morally and ethically wrong. It is a sin and a crime against innocence. It is not about why some dude wants to wear makeup and a dress. Its about why that dude demands an audience of 5 year olds.

Since the moment this sickening agenda of grooming children began there has been a pushback growing in the background. The problem was that it needed a face to recognize, a target, a bullseye. Bud literally said, "Hold my beer", and gave that agenda a face. And now it is suffering the full weight of the far greater majority of people in this country who have traditional values and believe that the innocence of childhood should be protected against any and all threats. No, bud did not directly target children. But they did align themselves with a group who do - guilt by association.

Personally, I am sick of all the agendas and bs that goes with it. I am sick of every other commercial on tv having a gay couple, mixed race couple, or both. There are straight white couples out here too. I am sick of movies, tv shows, and even cartoons being remade with gay or minority characters. If you want a movie with a gay lead, make one. Don't try to erase, re-write or cancel history to suit your opinion or agenda. The lgbt community are hurting themselves by doing this. If they want a movie with a gay lead and make one, why would I care either way? But when they take a movie already made and remake it with a new lead that is now gay or minority - I care. To me that is an attack on my demographic, my heritage. It resembles assault more than art.

If you can be you without having to cancel me, maybe you are the one who should be cancelled.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Because Ms. Mulvaney has 10.8 million followers, that's why.

10.8 million followers
Ms. Mulvaney is popular on TikTok, where she has more than 10.8 million followers and has been documenting her transition online. The controversy began on April 1, when she posted a video on her Instagram account, where she has 1.8 million followers, to promote a Bud Light contest.

Transgender health care should be left to the medical scientists and doctors who best understand each individual patient needs. For me the utmost important factor in a child's health is that they aren't left without any option other than suicide.

Transgender people who ended up with botched surgeries are getting cancelled for saying that in the end you still have to face who you are, that the surgeries and hormones dont always work, that the gender dysphoria doesnt always go away. Those with botched surgeries often become depressed and suicidal anyhow.

So whats better, depression you might get over when you mature or feeling suicidal for life because you didnt end up with the results you wanted.

A bigger problem is that nowadays, these kids are being brainwashed that they are persecuted, hated and that theres an easy fix in transition and a heroic battle to be fought.

I watched with my own eyes my step daughter live as a boy to to the point one friend never knew she was a girl until she grew boobs. Once she went through puberty she became ultra an feminine, mother, wife etc. Kids minds are fluid so we should never subject them to adult decision making of such magnitude as transition.

Also, not many kids go through teen years without angst and depression, some with suicidal thoughts. Its the nature of the beast...hang whatever hat you want on it but chances are it will resolve once the hormones of puberty settle down. It could be gender, it could be biological sex, hate for authority or parents. We have to rage against something at that age to separate from parents easier and all this current popularity over transgenderism will have serious consequences for individual teens if they are not truly trans. Im not saying there arent trans teens but the number is made artificially high by all this hullaballoo over it and by the mulvaneys of the world made into instant superstars for doing little more than claiming to be the opposite sex.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Ummm, so any man who wants say he's a woman is safe in my locker room thanks to a curtain?

What about women's prisons and rape crisis centers? I am sure curtains will fix all of that as well?

And we aren't talking about nursery rhymes. We are talking about teaching LGBTQ + BBQ which necessarily requires an understanding of sex to really understand. Kids don't fully get that until they start going through puberty which is when it has full, immediate context.

Of course, if you sexually lobotomize them with drugs, they never will understand it.

Again, then advocate for women-only changerooms. It's an easy matter to segregate the area with a wall. But nobody is doing this are they? I honestly think society just hasn't caught up infrastructure-wise. Some women care, some women don't care.

Guess who is doing the MOST raping of women in women's prisons. Male guards, that's right. Where is the outrage?

You are glossing over the 'parental approval' part. Simply find out what books are to be used in the curriculum and remove your child if you object, but most parents can't be bothered.

Again, any drugs given to children for whatever reason have the approval of the parents and the medical professionals involved. The same can be said for giving children Ritalin, where was the outrage?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Your take on this is downright pitiful. Dudes can now claim to be girls and use the women's restroom, but it's up to the women to beg for their privacy back when it should have never been taken in the first place?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Then, as said before, you have no argument.

I am very tolerant, I treat everyone equal. If you are an ahole to me, I will be one right back. If you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. If you try to force your ideology down my throat and call me a bigot/transphobe because I don't care what you "identify" as, I will ignore you and any argument you have or "facts" carry no weight

But your and others' attitude here is antagonistic, and fits the description of bigot.

big·ot

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Theres such a thing as being attached to a belief because its common sense... no male born in womens sports because of unfair advantage and possible injury, no male born, who dont pass properly as women, in womens safe spaces for obvious reasons.

Times and values change but it doesnt benefit society if one groups rights are crushing anothers.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: LSU2018

I ask you, the same thing I am trying to get Annee to answer;

What rights don't trans people have?

Do your own research or better yet go on Mulvaney's site or wherever and ask questions for yourself. Get answers from the source.

So none, the answer is that there aren't any rights we have that trans people don't.

Why can't you and Annee just admit that? Y'all are trying to argue about rights and they're completely irrelevant here because we already have the same rights.

The noise of those who have never been ostracized for just being who they are.

What's written on paper is not always transferred to reality of equality and acceptance.

Is your state trying to make laws against medical care for your needs?

There are very people out there, if any, who have never been ostracized just for being who they are. Trans people aren't victims and none of this was ever an issue until they started demanding pity and acceptance.

OK -- what have you been ostracized for?

My looks, my white skin, my blond hair and blue eyes, being a male, my religion, my politics, my clothes, my economic class, my opinions, my age, etc. You'd never know it because I don't piss and moan about it and I never let my life revolve around it. I couldn't care less, all it did is let me know who to avoid.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Every child's life path is different and it's not up to you, me or society to make snap judgements or generalize. As I said before the parents and the child's many medical professionals have the inside track on what is best for the child at each stage of their growth. Some medical professionals are saying that hormone therapy along with psychotherapy is the only way for some children. If that's true, then who is to say otherwise?

This pediatrician says "Studies demonstrate that hormone blockers reduce depression, anxiety and risk of suicide among transgender youth."

theconversation.com... er-medical-options-that-improve-lives-of-transgender-youth-157285

So for your every story, I can probably come up with an actual medical professional working with transgender children who can offer a positive take. Why not start your own transgender thread, so we can get back to the topic at hand?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Figured out a long time ago, people like you and I, and the only group that it is okay to be biased/bigoted/racist towards. And in the same breathe, we are the only ones made to accept everyone else.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

It's like no one was ever hated or bullied before LGBTQ +BBQ advocacy became a thing, and it's like they're the only ones who ever get bullied now. It's disgusting.

When I think about what I went through in school and how a teacher took my kid apart .... but no one cares. We didn't get bullied, weren't hated or ostracized. We aren't victims because we don't check boxes.

We were probably privileged in some way to be treated like dirt and go through hell.

Bingo. I went to a smalltown school in the 80's and 90's and there were 3 gay dudes. Nobody ever bothered them, nobody ever picked on them, nobody ever bullied them. None of us went out of our way to be nice and they didn't care, probably didn't want us to. The ones everybody felt sorry for and went out of their way to be nice to were the Special Ed kids. Very few times they got bullied but one of us were always near to take up for them.
edit on 18-5-2023 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join