It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bud Light, Your Reputation Is a Mess and There’s No Easy Fix

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

originally posted by: quintessentone

It's almost as if...wait for it...

Get woke, go broke is an actual thing.

Nope, not from what I am reading.

www.rollingstone.com...

In this case, the company seems to not stand behind their mission statement, that is quite a different thing.

That link is hot garbage. I was bombarded with pop-ups for "Be the Change", "Stand to End Gun Violence" and various Trans-Activism BS. Nope, definitely not a biased, and outdated (over a month old), source.

Here's the deal about BL, they consciously hitched up to the woke ideology while alienating their loyal customer base. They then proceeded to double down by lambasting said customer base for not getting on board with the decision. Of course, when the company then puts out an explanation of the how and why it happened in an attempt for damage control, the rabid horse they threw the saddle on turned on them. Let 'em die an ignominious death.

rockcontent.com...

They really don't know their customers and what diversity really means. Bud Light showed their true colours and ran for the hills when sales slumped. Actions, people, look at what they do not what they say.

Ah yes, because a DEI blog is THE finger on the pulse of global marketing

Point being, watch what they do, not what they say.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

So, I rest my case. We cannot disagree. If we do, we have "transphobia".

Well, then, you are phobic as well, bigoted, and intolerant of any views except your own. You can no longer even reasonably disagree with us without being a hateful bigot.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well, then, you are phobic as well, bigoted, and intolerant of any views except your own. You can no longer even reasonably disagree with us without being a hateful bigot.

Did you see the definition? Disapproving was in there and disapproval is everywhere on this thread from some of you regarding transgenderism. I rest my case.

ETA:

Change in terminology. From now on I will use Transmisia when applicable.

What does transmisia look like?

Transmisia takes many forms. In general, transmisia is any attitude, belief, behavior, or policy that:

stigmatizes or harms trans, nonbinary, and gender nonconforming people;
denies the validity of their identities;
sees them as less human; and/or
treats them as less worthy of care and respect.

www.plannedparenthood.org...
edit on q00000041531America/Chicago5555America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The only thing that guys in dresses might be successful at marketing is probably dresses for guys.

RuPaul is quite successful.

Probably more successful than you.

He is a man who wears dresses.

Hes also not deluding himself into believing hes a woman or caving to social pressure to call himself one. Hes probably also successful because his mind is clear about being a man in a dress, rather than using all his mental energy to convince himself and others hes a woman. Hes a businessman not a tragic character.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Ummm, so any man who wants say he's a woman is safe in my locker room thanks to a curtain?

What about women's prisons and rape crisis centers? I am sure curtains will fix all of that as well?

And we aren't talking about nursery rhymes. We are talking about teaching LGBTQ + BBQ which necessarily requires an understanding of sex to really understand. Kids don't fully get that until they start going through puberty which is when it has full, immediate context.

Of course, if you sexually lobotomize them with drugs, they never will understand it.

Again, then advocate for women-only changerooms. It's an easy matter to segregate the area with a wall. But nobody is doing this are they? I honestly think society just hasn't caught up infrastructure-wise. Some women care, some women don't care.

Guess who is doing the MOST raping of women in women's prisons. Male guards, that's right. Where is the outrage?

You are glossing over the 'parental approval' part. Simply find out what books are to be used in the curriculum and remove your child if you object, but most parents can't be bothered.

Again, any drugs given to children for whatever reason have the approval of the parents and the medical professionals involved. The same can be said for giving children Ritalin, where was the outrage?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Your take on this is downright pitiful. Dudes can now claim to be girls and use the women's restroom, but it's up to the women to beg for their privacy back when it should have never been taken in the first place?

Which changeroom should this transman use?

a-question-of-consent.net...

Back before they begged for the spotlight and all the attention, ol transman could easily use the men's and nobody would have thought twice. Now, since they can toss makeup on and identify as a woman, things have changed.

Since I'm a bigot, according to you, I'd say that transman could use the men's.

This, however, should NOT try to use the women's. He'd have his big ass vanilla malted milk ball head smashed.

edit on 18-5-2023 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Did you see the definition? Disapproving was in there and disapproval is everywhere on this thread from some of you regarding transgenderism. I rest my case.

Theres something wrong when disapproving become bigotry. It labels all who have concerns as bigots. Thats an agenda.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Budweiser is learning a hard lesson, but it's one we all learn -- don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Budweiser is going to have to branch out and start making better beers after this if they want to survive another cancel movement. The only reason this is happening to them is because they only have one type of beer and only one type of customer that drinks that beer, and when that customer wants to cancel you, you have no one else who drinks and buys your product.

That's a bad business model to depend on one single group of people for customers, a group that can make you or break you. Bad for business.

My guess is Budweiser starts making better beers in the near future, appeasing a wider group of customers.

edit on 18-5-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

originally posted by: Annee

The only thing that guys in dresses might be successful at marketing is probably dresses for guys.

RuPaul is quite successful.

Probably more successful than you.

He is a man who wears dresses.

Hes also not deluding himself into believing hes a woman or caving to social pressure to call himself one. Hes probably also successful because his mind is clear about being a man in a dress, rather than using all his mental energy to convince himself and others hes a woman. Hes a businessman not a tragic character.

Quite possibly the most profound and honest statement in this entire thread.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It's almost as if...wait for it...

Get woke, go broke is an actual thing.

Nope, not from what I am reading.

www.rollingstone.com...

In this case, the company seems to not stand behind their mission statement, that is quite a different thing.

Ah, so now it's all about not standing behind a mission statement, lol. A mission statement that probably 200 people in this country have ever bothered to read.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

a reply to: igloo

Because Ms. Mulvaney has 10.8 million followers, that's why.

10.8 million followers
Ms. Mulvaney is popular on TikTok, where she has more than 10.8 million followers and has been documenting her transition online. The controversy began on April 1, when she posted a video on her Instagram account, where she has 1.8 million followers, to promote a Bud Light contest.

Transgender health care should be left to the medical scientists and doctors who best understand each individual patient needs. For me the utmost important factor in a child's health is that they aren't left without any option other than suicide.

Mulvaney is a male, not a Ms.

Any "medical scientist" who doesn't know the difference between a male and a female (a difference even a 3 year old child understands), they should lose their license immediately. You've been failed by the unprofessional, paid off medical industry.

I cut and pasted the Ms. Mulvaney part from the publisher's article. If they want to use Ms. Mulvaney then they have that right, don't they?

They, and you, both have that right. I was just letting you know that he's a male so you don't get confused. I see you didn't cover the main part of my post though. Shocking.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Theres something wrong when disapproving become bigotry. It labels all who have concerns as bigots. Thats an agenda.

I was just giving the definitions of Transphobia out there and they include the word bigot. I don't know whether or not any of you are bigots, only you know for sure.

I will now use Transmisia which is more applicable here on ATS. I certainly have the sense some of you here have no respect for transgenderism, and some of you here openly deny the validity of their identities.

I called some of you antagonistic not a bigot, the definition of a bigot is many things including antagonistic and some of you here certainly behave antagonistically towards transgenderism, but if the shoe fits wear it. Otherwise, from now on it's Transmisia for those of you that openly deny their validity.
edit on q00000051531America/Chicago3232America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That's just the tip of the iceberg...see Transmisia.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Funny, innit?

If you have a different opinion, you are immediately ostracized.

Sounds familiar somehow. . . can't remember where though. . .

. . . hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Funny, innit?

Quite prevalent nowadays.

It's a Brave New World we live in DB.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Funny, innit?

Tis the way with some here. They think their cases are closed because they say 'case closed'.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Funny, innit?

Tis the way with some here. They think their cases are closed because they say 'case closed'.

Yeah, ummm, "Case Closed" is also another way of saying QED.

"Case Closed" is not the same as labeling someone a bigot.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Funny, innit?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Funny, innit?

Yeah, ummm, "Case Closed" is also another way of saying QED.

"Case Closed" is not the same as labeling someone a bigot.

I said some here are antagonistic towards transgenderism, if they are not bigots then that's good.

There is such a thing as Trans-antagonism and any way you slice it, it's discrimination (as is bigotry).

blog.petrieflom.law.harvard.edu...

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Then, as said before, you have no argument.

I am very tolerant, I treat everyone equal. If you are an ahole to me, I will be one right back. If you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. If you try to force your ideology down my throat and call me a bigot/transphobe because I don't care what you "identify" as, I will ignore you and any argument you have or "facts" carry no weight

But your and others' attitude here is antagonistic, and fits the description of bigot.

big·ot

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Just stop it, quint. That's a revised definition to fit the left's idea of a bigot because y'all love to call everyone else the bigot. Merriam-Webster and Britannica changed that # back when Trump was president, lol.

Cambridge Dictionary:
bigot: a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life.

Vocabulary . com
bigot: A bigot is someone who doesn't tolerate people of different races or religions.

Collins Dictionary
bigot: 1. a person who holds blindly and intolerantly to a particular creed, opinion, etc.
2. a narrow-minded, prejudiced person

Dictionary . com
bigot: a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Wiktionary
bigot: One who is narrow-mindedly devoted to their own ideas and groups, and intolerant of (people of) differing ideas, races, genders, religions, politics, etc.

Oxford LEARNER'S Dictionary
bigot: a person who has very strong, unreasonable beliefs or opinions about race, religion or politics and who will not listen to or accept the opinions of anyone who disagrees.

American Heritage Dictionary
bigot: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

I'm gonna do you a solid and leave one more for ya...

hypocrite: a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that they do not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

transphobia
noun [ U ] disapproving

harmful or unfair things a person does based on a fear or dislike of transgender and non-binary people

yawn

Nothing screams "panic attack" like not showing support for someone's lifestyle.

No wonder that word is misused and so off-base from what a real phobia is, it was made up 10 years ago.

The words transphobia and transphobic were added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2013.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join