It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bud Light, Your Reputation Is a Mess and There’s No Easy Fix

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

No. I've been on ATS threads where 95% of the posters are normal and recognize that a trans mind is a mentally ill state of confusion.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Welcome to dealing with the same few people(won't name names, or I will get in trouble, but we all know who they are) when that is all they want to argue about. "trans people don't have rights and are treated like garbage."
edit on 18-5-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: LSU2018

I love how he used an old Bud Light commercial where husbands dressed as wives to get discounted beer. It was a joke that everybody laughed at, because nobody would have really done something so asinine, and then the left went full retard and made it reality. If that commercial proves anything, it's that we were 1,000x more normal 30 years ago.

Interestingly, they are going after a Miller add because it was supposed to be similar when clearly it’s a parody

Media trying to manipulate people seems
www.vox.com...#-ilana-glazer-bud-light-boycott

Be interested if the Miller advertising attracts as much attention

How is Jack Daniels doing these days?

Sales benefitted from the launch of Jack Daniel's Bonded, as well as the rest of its portfolio. The firm's first six months (H1) of the 2023 fiscal year (May-October 2022) saw double-digit growth of 11%, as it reported a net sales increase to US$2.12bn compared to the same period last year.

www.thespiritsbusiness.com...#:~:text=Sales%20benefitted%20from%20the%20launch,the%20same%2 0period%20last%20year

Where was the outrage and boycotting because of ads with drag queens vs transgender?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: PorkChop96

They shouldn't have done any of it in the first place. There was no reason for any of it. They tried to be "woke" and paid the price for it.

They are a beer company, they make beer, they are not a political organization.

They have been advocating for inclusiveness for the last two decades and no slump in sales. This reeks of transphobia and/or hate with some of their customers and the LGBTQ+ community walking away when they should be advocating for their attempt at inclusiveness, IMO.

Boo #ing hoo. Oh no, we put a trans on our can and nobody wants to drink our beer now, THEY'RE ALL TRANSPHOBES!!!

Phobia is an extreme, irrational, fear of something that may cause a person to panic.

I guarantee you that being disgusted by trans people isn't a phobia. Calling it a phobia is a cheap, and lame, cop out to end the discussion quickly.

BS man, I've been witness to all ATS' drag queen bashing threads, call it what you will but it is all seeded in fear.

It’s not seeded in fear, it’s seeded in choice and advertising
Poor advertising decisions and people chose

Nobody puts a donkey emblem on a street bike, never mind a person who clearly has mental issues, character of a child and uses them to sell beer

Your post has confirmation bias written all over it.

That’s my choice, not playing a victim though am I
I choose, that makes you a victim, how?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Welcome to dealing with the same few people(won't name names, or I will get in trouble, but we all know who they are) when that is all they want to argue about. "trans people don't have rights and are treated like garbage."

We are just parroting what transgender people have been saying for a while, there is a big difference. The fact that some of you here don't want to know about it won't magically make it go away.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Want a cracker?

We are asking, repeatedly, for facts and you still give none. We are wanting to know but you won't do the work to show us what you are saying we want to "ignore".
edit on 18-5-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

They shouldn't have done any of it in the first place. There was no reason for any of it. They tried to be "woke" and paid the price for it.

They have been advocating for inclusiveness for the last two decades and no slump in sales. This reeks of transphobia and/or hate with some of their customers and the LGBTQ+ community walking away when they should be advocating for their attempt at inclusiveness, IMO.

Boo #ing hoo. Oh no, we put a trans on our can and nobody wants to drink our beer now, THEY'RE ALL TRANSPHOBES!!!

Phobia is an extreme, irrational, fear of something that may cause a person to panic.

I guarantee you that being disgusted by trans people isn't a phobia. Calling it a phobia is a cheap, and lame, cop out to end the discussion quickly.

BS man, I've been witness to all ATS' drag queen bashing threads, call it what you will but it is all seeded in fear.

Nobody puts a donkey emblem on a street bike, never mind a person who clearly has mental issues, character of a child and uses them to sell beer

We could discuss how keeping yourself in the dark or in your emotionally safe comfort zone really does make you a victim, but we won't go there because it requires a genuine open heart and mind to go there.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Want a cracker?

We are asking, repeatedly, for facts and you still give none. We are wanting to know but you won't do the work to show us what you are saying we want to "ignore".

You weren't asking for facts, you were asking me to answer questions about transgender's fight for human rights. I am not transgender and I don't join in canvassing for their rights. I suggested you go to Mulvaney's site and ask at the source. But you wont, so just cease and desist.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

And all these examples you pull should also make it clear to you that it isn't about drag queens or trans. They are the excuse. "Oh, you don't like them. You hater!"

We never progress to actually talking about the slimy, dishonest attitude that produces this kind of argument.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

No. I've been on ATS threads where 95% of the posters are normal and recognize that a trans mind is a mentally ill state of confusion.

Minus the neuroscience and endroctrine and hormonal studies of course.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And all these examples you pull should also make it clear to you that it isn't about drag queens or trans. They are the excuse. "Oh, you don't like them. You hater!"

We never progress to actually talking about the slimy, dishonest attitude that produces this kind of argument.

Sorry, who's attitude? I always seem to misread you,.
edit on q00000041531America/Chicago3333America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

Did you really call Dylan a her? I have to admit, I'm a little taken aback by that, especially coming from you because I've always respected you as a proclaimed feminist. That confused male and the trans agenda is erasing everything you've fought for, for decades, Boa.

Well damn! I sure did... and you're right. It wasn't a conscious choice on my part. Thanks for pointing it out.

FWIW, I'm okay with using "person" rather than "man" or "woman" to avoid deliberate offense, and I actually try not to use pronouns at all, but will occasionally use "they/them", again to avoid deliberate offense. But I'm not okay with using incorrect pronouns.

I'll have a good talk with myself about that...

The Kardashians are spoiled drama queens, a promo with them isn't pushing a spoiled drama queen agenda. Totally different scenario.

Well, whatever the Kardashians are, I was simply speaking to this somewhat new marketing model with social media "influencers" and using the Kardashians as an example.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I love how he used an old Bud Light commercial where husbands dressed as wives to get discounted beer. It was a joke that everybody laughed at, because nobody would have really done something so asinine, and then the left went full retard and made it reality. If that commercial proves anything, it's that we were 1,000x more normal 30 years ago.

Interestingly, they are going after a Miller add because it was supposed to be similar when clearly it’s a parody

Media trying to manipulate people seems
www.vox.com...#-ilana-glazer-bud-light-boycott

Be interested if the Miller advertising attracts as much attention

How is Jack Daniels doing these days?

Sales benefitted from the launch of Jack Daniel's Bonded, as well as the rest of its portfolio. The firm's first six months (H1) of the 2023 fiscal year (May-October 2022) saw double-digit growth of 11%, as it reported a net sales increase to US$2.12bn compared to the same period last year.

www.thespiritsbusiness.com...#:~:text=Sales%20benefitted%20from%20the%20launch,the%20same%2 0period%20last%20year

Where was the outrage and boycotting because of ads with drag queens vs transgender?

Don’t care, not my business
It is what it is, Bud has been smashed for what it has done and it’s not my fault
Serves them right for not understanding their market
Happy to stand back, eat my popcorn, drink my Swan Lager and enjoy people sayin, enough is enough

Bet “Jacks” aren’t ballsy enough to run another “drag” promo
Straw-camel-back
Hope it’s a line in the sand

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

I hope their one pack of beer was worth it.

Worth what? They underestimated just how sensitive the American conservative actually is. They'll be fine though. They lost some sales, sure, but still the best selling beer in America. No chance in hell of it being a dying brand.

Sensitive would be protesting and screaming over a statue over and over until it's removed. Sensitive would be protesting and screaming about a team mascot, or a team name, or a school name, or a street name over and over until it's removed. Sensitive would be getting offended over a black woman who has been on a bottle of syrup for 128 years and having her famous face and name removed. Sensitive would be getting offended over a black man who had been on a box of rice for 77 years and having him removed.

Sensitive isn't making jokes and memes about a product and no longer buying it.

Tell me more about what you don't know.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I ask you, the same thing I am trying to get Annee to answer;

What rights don't trans people have?

Do your own research or better yet go on Mulvaney's site or wherever and ask questions for yourself. Get answers from the source.

So none, the answer is that there aren't any rights we have that trans people don't.

Why can't you and Annee just admit that? Y'all are trying to argue about rights and they're completely irrelevant here because we already have the same rights.

The noise of those who have never been ostracized for just being who they are.

What's written on paper is not always transferred to reality of equality and acceptance.

Is your state trying to make laws against medical care for your needs?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I ask you, the same thing I am trying to get Annee to answer;

What rights don't trans people have?

Do your own research or better yet go on Mulvaney's site or wherever and ask questions for yourself. Get answers from the source.

So none, the answer is that there aren't any rights we have that trans people don't.

Why can't you and Annee just admit that? Y'all are trying to argue about rights and they're completely irrelevant here because we already have the same rights.

The noise of those who have never been ostracized for just being who they are.

What's written on paper is not always transferred to reality of equality and acceptance.

Is your state trying to make laws against medical care for your needs?

Include women's rights in there too.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Maybe the $5 billion in sales they lost in a matter of weeks.

As of 2 days ago, the company is worth $103.68 billion. They will be fine.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

And when asked to show their work, they tell you to do it for them then get all butt hurt when you tell them to show their own work.

They have no real argument so they can't show their work.

I saw that. I scroll by and just shake my head. It's too easy.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

We could discuss how keeping yourself in the dark or in your emotionally safe comfort zone really does make you a victim, but we won't go there because it requires a genuine open heart and mind to go there.

Oh, I get it, you feel with your feelings that I am a victim so, naturally, I am a victim
Glad you don’t feel I am a teen girl, imagine, can you feel I get a beer deal for 100 k, be great, feel for me

Quint, this is all a bit much for your feelings, step back, it’s not healthy
We don’t have to agree, you can’t force people by moaning and feeling at them
Just accept we don’t agree, life will move on
Grow up

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What medical needs are trans being denied Annie, elective surgery?
edit on 18-5-2023 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join