It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

If it were possible to sky dive from one of those, do you think anyone on Earth is crazy enough to do it? Even if you needed an oxygen mask apparatus to keep you alive until you fell far enough to be able to deploy your parachute.

Felix Baumgartner was crazy enough to jump from maybe even a bit higher than this balloon,its totally possible.

I havn't seen any evidence the balloon has been tracked from China-maybe I missed it-but is it possible the US/NORAD are intercepting signals from the balloon which it is sending to China?
Trying to work out how anyone knows its from China..

On shooting it down-I would have thought there are many secret/borderline secret sytems able to do so-but maybe they are not being used as it may show capabilities which are better kept hidden from China?

Boeing make a pretty badass plane mounted laser for example.

If I was Prez I would have ordered it shot down-unless I had info that it was carrying something dangerous.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: NightFlight

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
a reply to: putnam6

Seriously it's Roswell all over again lol Its a balloon shoot it down find out which weather station sent it up .

So we fly billion dollar spy planes over China and they send Balloons ?

Without getting too much in detail, somethings about to happen. There are about 100 helicopters in the air in the vicinity and Air Force EAM's have ratcheted up now. Interesting...

Not to pour cold water on your assertion but the govt spending billions on nothing is pretty common practice.
20k for a Hammer, 50k for a toilet seat....

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo
Probably a silly question but I know people are going to try it if they get the chance, so..

Could a bullet from a high powered rifle, like a sniper rifle travel that far and actually puncture the balloon or would it lose trajectory and get brought down to earth before it could reach the target?

rifle round can not go that high
and as big as it appears to be, a bullet or two wouldn't have much effect.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I am going to ask a weird question. If it is a balloon, then why in some of the photos does it look like the ISS is actually floating in front of it? Has anyone else seen those photos? What if this is just another story to get people to think the Chinese are responsible when in fact it is some kind of non terrestrial object. Even spy aircraft are known to every government and this being a surprise just does not seem plausible given the fact thst it seems to glow in the night sky. I do not believe that it is a balloon. a reply to: SrWingCommander

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: carewemust

The economy is going down the toilet
the covid 19 scam is being unraveled
seems likely

It has worked in the past. Works in novels and the movies.

Economy down the toilet. Solution? War.

Problem I see, is that it is going to have to be a war fought like in "Ender's Game". A bunch of kids playing video games and saving the world.

I don't see a war lasting a week if they send young adults like my nieces and nephews and their friends. They would sell their soul for a cell phone, then call home crying for mommy and daddy to come get them, and they would have a pure psychotic breakdown until that happened.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Just have to send them to pre-boot camp to get it out of them.

Now your average Chinese child can make a realistic looking smart phone out of bark and sticks. But don’t grab it right away as it may have horrifically racist and sexist videos on it…or it could just be a bomb that will blow your swiping finger off.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Just realized the spy balloon is sponsored by Pfizer.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Seems to be Getting crowded up there

Canada Says 'Potential Second Incident' Linked To Spy Balloon

Canada said Thursday it was working with the United States to track a high-altitude surveillance balloon, and it was monitoring a "potential second incident."

edit on 232023 by MetalThunder because: carpe F'N diem

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
China admits it’s theirs.

The People's Republic of China confirmed Friday that the balloon craft floating over the northern United States is Chinese.
"The airship is from China. It is a civilian airship used for research, mainly meteorological, purposes," a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson confirmed Friday.
"Affected by the Westerlies and with limited self-steering capability, the airship deviated far from its planned course."
The spokesperson said China regrets the incident.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
China admits it’s theirs.

The People's Republic of China confirmed Friday that the balloon craft floating over the northern United States is Chinese.
"The airship is from China. It is a civilian airship used for research, mainly meteorological, purposes," a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson confirmed Friday.
"Affected by the Westerlies and with limited self-steering capability, the airship deviated far from its planned course."
The spokesperson said China regrets the incident.

www.foxnews.com...

If it is theirs, I believe them. It is very likely not a weapon or surveillance.

I don't see the Chinese using something as antiquated as a surveillance balloon, unless it is to cover up something.

They already own enough land and businesses in the US to have already set up any foundation point they choose, and already have a complete interactive blueprint of almost anything in America via TikTok and other apps.

So the balloon is likely ours, and they are setting up a script to deceive us, just one more time.

edit on 3-2-2023 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Civilian and slightly off course?

Ok

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Maybe they should test that new Slingshot cannon for launching satellites. Throw a projectile right at it.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   
TIK-TOK is more "concerning" than the Balloon, at the moment.

www.foxnews.com...

Who here has Tick-Tok on their device(s)?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
limited self-steering capability, the airship deviated far from its planned course."

Ah yes, this explains why it flew around Russia. It all makes sense now. 🤣

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BorelsMonkeys
Maybe the Chinese balloon identifies as a bird, and that explains why we haven’t shot it down?
This was my thought as well. Dry run for high altitude EMP.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Every hour it stays up there, after this weak China excuse (www.foxnews.com...), makes _____________look more foolish and impotent.

Who or What should be inserted in that statement?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Blinken is postponing his China trip now. Seems they are using the balloon to stoke up tensions. Is it even confirmed Chinese??
Fitting we are being threatened by a balloon in this clown world lol!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Blinken is postponing his China trip now. Seems they are using the balloon to stoke up tensions. Is it even confirmed Chinese??

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: cookadafood

Well China already confirmed it is theirs (although they are saying it’s a civilian weather balloon that flew off course).

I am kind of surprised that our top official for dealing with foreign govs decides not to visit China because of this. I’d think a face-to-face meeting with his counterpart in China would be at the top of his list right now.
edit on 2 3 2023 by SgtEsquire because: Misspelling

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I was promised no malarkey. This is most certainly big malarkey.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join