It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

It feels like we are being probed for weaknesses and our defense was to let them cop a feel of lady liberty.

Daily internet win.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: putnam6

It feels like we are being probed for weaknesses and our defense was to let them cop a feel of lady liberty.

Daily internet win.

I got to ask certainly we have military aircraft over Washington and Montana are they just going without thier transponders on? Seems awful empty considering the last few days don't look like we are on the defensive at all. Again unless the region's aircraft have gone dark

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

There are six flying over my area all day. It's search pattern, but what are they looking for? Also they are not small planes either. I won't say much about them since they started flying all over the Puget Sound region the same day that radiological piece went missing, but I will say that Blackhawk Helos have been active in this area at the same time those flights started.

I don't think it's BA 1100 November related, but somethings up, something big.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm late but there's one point I've noticed that's missing from the discussion here.

If President Biden was the one who didn't want to shoot it down, y'all would be all over it clowning him.

Since he was the one who actually wanted to shoot it down, y'all are all over it clowning him for wanting to do that.

To simplify, if you want to be accepted by your peers and get your stars up, just say something bad about the president or agree with someone who did and you're in there, you're a valued member of the team here.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Nevermind that its been known of much longer than the public?

Whats your obsession with stars?

You may have all mine.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   

"Going dark" might be a good way to limit the availability of Intel.

There are definitely some kind of interesting games being played here.

Only question is, how high are the stakes?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo
To simplify, if you want to be accepted by your peers and get your stars up, just say something bad about the president or agree with someone who did and you're in there, you're a valued member of the team here.

To clarify, I said nice things about the President and got my stars up. Some flags too. Saying bad things about the President is not a requirement for earning ATS stars.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I'm late but there's one point I've noticed that's missing from the discussion here.

If President Biden was the one who didn't want to shoot it down, y'all would be all over it clowning him.

Since he was the one who actually wanted to shoot it down, y'all are all over it clowning him for wanting to do that.

I honestly am puzzled some times how people can all read the exact same things but get absolutely different stories from the same information.

Biden is one of the absolute LEAST talked about things in this thread

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   

If he did want to shoot it down, but couldn't make that happen, it means what everyone has known for a long time. He's impotent in everything. That's the real story, and it doesn't even need to be told for anyone to know it.
The first president in US history that generals won't obey.

No wonder China sent in a brazen drone balloon with every electronic spy device ever made. They even added in an old Jack-In-The-Box for laughs at their great fortune.
edit on 2-2-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: Forgot the jack-in-the-box.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The administration doesn't want to interfere with their overseers/controllers.

For example, Joe Biden supports China's Tick-Tock platform. HE HAS TO, even though its major spyware.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

If he did want to shoot it down, but couldn't make that happen, it means what everyone has known for a long time. He's impotent in everything. That's the real story, and it doesn't even need to be told for anyone to know it.

During the big Pentagon breifing and Q&A session this evening, President Biden was only mentioned one time... and it was a "Oh...by the way, we briefed President Biden. Now, as I was saying...."

Check out this transcript. The Commander in Chief was intentionally left out:
www.defense.gov...

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The administration doesn't want to interfere with their overseers/controllers.

For example, Joe Biden supports China's Tick-Tock platform. HE HAS TO, even though its major spyware.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

This article states Tik Tok is banned on all government devices. So is it or is it not?

The banning of TikTok on government devices could benefit rival platforms like Snap and Meta’s Facebook and Instagram that also fight for young consumers’ attention. The bill includes an exception for law enforcement, national security and research purposes.

Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle, as well as FBI Director Christopher Wray, have voiced fear that TikTok’s ownership structure could make U.S. user data vulnerable, since companies based in China are required by law to hand over data if the government requests it. TikTok has repeatedly said its U.S. user data is not based in China, though those assurances have done little to alleviate concern.

The company has been working toward a deal with the administration to assuage national security fears through the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S.

read://https_www.cnbc.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnbc.com%2F2022%2F12%2F23%2Fcongress-passes-spending-bill-with-tiktok-ban-on-government-devices.html

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Bingo.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If you believe that narrative I'm guessing you're an MSM fan. Obvious propaganda. Two birds with one stone mockingbird style.

However, if Biden actually did say that it was probably because he asked himself, "What would Trump do?"

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Tick Tock is now banned on government devices. Apparently President Biden's wishes were (once again) overridden, thank goodness.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If the SPY BALLOON was from Kim Jung-Un (North Korea), would it be treated differently?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

How would you propose that it be shot down?

If it is flying in the stratosphere, the U2 and the SR71 are the only two (known) airplanes capable of flying at those altitudes.

And neither of them capable of carrying weapons.

Furthermore, missiles, whether surface to air or air to air, require a target to lock on to.

Balloons do not have heat signatures for IR targeting, can be designed to have virtually zero radar signature (the envelope itself, the largest aspect of the vehicle is mostly radar transparent). And the electronics carried can easily "go dark" as needed.

If you can't get your weapons to lock on to a target, blindly shooting at something is a good way to drop spent ordinance all over the landscape (and expose your weapons capabilities to the opposition in the process).

And yes, the above considerations just reinforce my belief that picture of the supposed "spy balloon" we've been shown is not the vehicle that the Pentagon is watching.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's a good thought experiment but even were that to happen it would still be China pulling the strings so would it still be treated as a CCP threat?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   
They got a clear picture of the balloon:

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I think they haven’t released much of anything to the public. Everyone seems to be okay with the Chinese weather/surveillance balloon story though. I’m not so sure. Must be my distrusting nature.

Would be a great setup for an EMP strike, not sure about biological. Can’t believe they didn’t shoot it down yet.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join