It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

Pretty sure if it said the 2020 and 2024 elections were stolen it woulda already been shot down and the pieces arrested for insurrection.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reporter: "Mr. President, when and how will you remove the Chinese spy balloon?"

Joe Biden: ignores the question and walks away.

Video Link: 👉 twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Accidental weather balloon.

Is that why Canada said there is another one on the way?

Yea that was weird get this it

Brig Gen Ryder says that based on its current trajectory, the balloon will remain above the US over the weekend.

www.msn.com...

Live: Pentagon holds briefing amid Chinese spy balloon incident

'We assess that it’ll probably be over the United States for a few days’
17:27 , Bevan Hurley
Brig Gen Ryder says based on its current trajectory, the balloon will remain above the US over the weekend.

“We assess that it’ll probably be over the United States for a few days,” he said.

www.youtube.com...

it's above 60,000 feet over the central United States and heading eastward

says it has the ability to move but is very evasive if you ask me.

Others watch the video it's short but would like to hear other ATSers' thoughts

Hell Im intrigued why at a Pentagon briefing there were 2 back to Asian reporters asking unrelated questions about NK/SK like are we testing a missile in SK with a nuclear warhead? Delta Flyer? the second Asian reporter's question did the ballon fly over Japan?

Well at least that question is on the subject

weird to me but watch the video Im thinking the Pentagon is in charge more than we want to admit, like a lot more

edit on 3-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's not a weather balloon. It didn't come from China, but it is Chinese.

It came from Canada. The purpose is surveillance. It's not being shot down because the government doesn't know for sure what's in it. Could contain explosives, but more likely they suspect chemical or biological agents.

Don't ask me how I know this. I cannot say. Believe me or not; your choice.

I doubt anyone in Canada knows about the launch, so I'm not blaming Canadians. There's plenty of area just NW of Montana where a balloon could be launched from without raising eyebrows. Trudeau probably knows all about it.

I do not for one moment buy that Biden was over-ruled. Joe Biden is Commander in Chief. If he said "Shoot it down" it would be on the ground now. That's not how the military works. Generals and Secretaries may question and advise, but they do not "override." That's just the media trying to bolster Biden's poll numbers. Neither do I buy that it is a weather balloon that went off course. Weather balloons have limited steering capabilities and can drift off course, but they have pretty good altitude control. If China owns it (which they have admitted and there is nothing whatsoever they stand to gain from that admission), China could drop it whenever they wanted to. It is certainly ground-controlled with that much technology on board. It would be absolutely idiotic to have it not be remotely controlled and therefore risk all that data being lost if it were to experience a malfunction that brought it down. Even US balloons have to have a method to scrub the launch; if not, the balloons could drop into the shipping lanes and endanger airflight.

It's also not the only one. As has been mentioned, we now have reports from Canada that there's a second balloon en route. It would probably have gone unnoticed until over Montana as well, but as soon as the enough people saw the first one to make the media acknowledge it, every telescope and every pair of binoculars in the area have been trained on the skies. People picked this second balloon up quickly. Neither the Canadian or the US government wanted to let anyone know this was happening.

As to what they want to surveil... Romania must be getting close. This balloon is targeting the area near Minnesota. That's its flight plan, based on prevailing winds. I would imagine it is monitoring DoD transmissions for intelligence info. There are some things a satellite just cannot do.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Couldn't they easily hit it with their new laser gun. It deflates slowly and then do a mid-air retrieval while its descending.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

As it seems to be loitering and has power (it seems to have solar panels) do you think it may be manouverable?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reporters asking good questions

'do you have plans to shoot it down once it gets over open water?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

As it seems to be loitering and has power (it seems to have solar panels) do you think it may be manouverable?

Pentagon says it maneuverable

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

That's what I heard.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Most balloons do have some limited maneuvering ability, but very limited. Nothing that go dead against prevailing wind patterns. A good analogy is to liken it to a sailboat: yes, it can maneuver, but only as much as the prevailing winds allow.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If this was the 80s people would be freaking out ..

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
EMP weapon maybe

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don't know, we've heard lots of reports about the military lying to Trump about troop numbers and draw-downs.

And Miley calling his commie buddies

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The "Chinese spy balloon" is a distraction. The real and only story is the mRNA vaccines.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

What if the gases in the balloon are the source of the potential contamination?

"General, I have good news and bad news. The good news is, we have direct hit. The target is descending slowly as planned and can be retrieved shortly. The bad news is, the air we released contained a newly-developed strain of Ebola and now half of Montana and South Dakota is contaminated. We expect the fatality count to be around 500,000 if we begin evacuations immediately."

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If this (these) balloon(s) are flying at stratospheric altitudes, I ask, again, how do you propose we shoot it/them down?

It is less a matter of anyone "choosing not to" and far more a question of not having the realistic capability to effectively acquire a target lock.

LAV's (China is using the term "airship", not "balloon"; and that is a significant difference everyone seems to be missing, BTW), especially those designed to operate in the stratosphere, need not have any heat signature: using electric motors instead of fuel-burning engines, they generate no appreciable heat for IR targeting guidance systems to lock on to.

Although huge, an LAV's lifting envelope, the bulk of its structure, is made of materials that are typically transparent to radar. Additionally, the supporting framework, if there is any, can be made from carbon fiber; advantageously so due to carbons high strength and light weight, not to mention its radar-evading capacity.

The airships I've helped build all used carbon fiber support structures; just a few nuts and bolts were all the metal used.

So a radar lock is likely out if the question.

No radar, no IR, makes using missiles a bit of a "shot in the dark" affair.

And since few airplanes can fly at high stratospheric altitudes (any of them armed?), getting a visual lock for cannon/gun fire is off the table.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I bet it's filled with COVID-23 bioweapon gas.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
The "Chinese spy balloon" is a distraction. The real and only story is the mRNA vaccines.

That's EXACTLY my thought, with the newest Project Veritas video. The same thing happened last week, with the release of the Memphis and Pelosi cams.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Bit of a stretch? Surely?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join