It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: carewemust

Do you think Blinken Biden comprehend what China is doing to the U.S.'s image?

Seriously, yet another reason we'd be so much better off with Trump in charge. Which reminds me: Does anyone actually believe Russia would have hit Ukraine if Trump was in? No way.

Intel briefing told Trump Putin wanted to take Ukraine. Trump told Putin he'd turn the Kremlin into a pile of rubble. The result, U.S. "might" respected. No Ukraine invasion.

Source: nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

I see what you're saying but are these the National Security Experts that did such a great job in Afghanistan?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A balloon debris field is not scary. What is onboard is...maybe a weapon?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SrWingCommander

That's not a balloon, it's a pangolin.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SrWingCommander

Well, this is interesting. I say "pop" it.

You want covid 22? because that is how you get covid 22.

this time it might be real,

edit on 06228America/ChicagoThu, 02 Feb 2023 21:06:59 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Well the balloon story is news, it's just a conditioning event to me.

You know introducing everyone to the notion when we all knew this was coming.

Remember everyone's answer to our perceived greatest threat during the presidential debates, the Democrats still don't have a clue.

We been yelling China for some time now but even so recently as when I first rejoined the forums we have lefties and progs on here who basically laugh off the warnings about China.

Could be because they're both commies and Dems are buddy buddy with China, China is the model... that is exactly what the elite want for the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It is now being said that they have been seen over Hawaii and Guam also. So this is not the first time so why not shoot it down. The article stated the US knows that they have guidance systems on board.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: putnam6

I don't think that that is the vehicle in question.

That picture appears to be just a standard weather balloon (not that anyone not familiar with LAV's and/or high-pressure long duration balloons would recognize the difference).

They type of balloon necessary for a mission like this has a distinctive shape and appearance; the envelope is much more translucent due to it being exceptionally thin to conserve weight, and is massive in diameter, compared to the payload, due to expansion of the lifting gas at high altitude (at lower altitudes, the payload would hang much lower.

Also, note that the picture shows the wing-like structure of the payload. At lower altitudes this would indeed act like a wing, causing the entire balloon and payload to be at the mercy of prevailing winds, unless the vehicle had some form of self-propulsion, which appears non-existent in the photo.

Multiple sources have this picture and others like it, they have been tracking it since yesterday and keep it on the low down for 24 hours

billingsgazette.com... 93023cfc3fb6.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

the aleutian islands saw it and it came over
from canada is what i heard.

maybe it's a advert for new chinese elec cars?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nothing new, and they had a very good reason for not going kinetic I would say.

Once you know its there you can gather intel on what they are doing so you can gain and idea on what they are looking for.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, I'm several hours behind in the thread and entirely out of today's news loop. Jeez, I ignore everything for a day and all of a sudden China's cruising dirigibles over us, lovely.

originally posted by: JinMI
"Blame Canada."

"With all their hockey hullabaloo. And that bitch Anne Murray too. Blame Canada, shame on Canada... "

All I need now is an excuse to quote "Kyle's Mom Is A Bitch" . Lmfao, Jazz Hands part, too.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus

We been yelling China for some time now but even so recently as when I first rejoined the forums we have lefties and progs on here who basically laugh off the warnings about China.

Could be because they're both commies and Dems are buddy buddy with China, China is the model... that is exactly what the elite want for the world.

Every since CCP managed that mix of capitalism for the elite and kind of for a relatively small "middle-class" and total control it made our progressive communists quite erect and what it does to Klaus is not t&c friendly.

Glad to see you posting.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Skip a day and the world goes to the brink of thermonuclear. Oh, and the doomsday clock was bumped to 90 seconds before midnight like last week.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Pardon my ignorance but how do we know its Chinese?

Do we know if its transmitting?

By its flightpath I guess, I’m putting my money on aliens. With all that has been going on in the world, that’s about the only thing that hasn’t happened yet. That and nukes of course. Could be either.

Or, it could be Chinese aliens with nukes, in which case we’re probably screwed.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

Has the public been shown its actual flightpath?

Ive seen two, one from California, another from Canada.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
unconfirmed possible route from Twitter

If that is the route, NORAD should have picked it up as soon as it came over Alaska. That's a long way from Montana and could have been dealt with already. The question is, what's the intended final destination? If it takes a hard left, maybe headed to DC. Or, a straight line to Cuba!

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Looks like a test run for a biological distribution system.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Why doesn't someone send up some grasping drones and pull it down to the ground intact?

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
Such a weak administration.

That’s the problem with Liberal wokeness infiltrating the government.
They’ve all performed self-castration and here China is flying some kind of balloon over the country.
We can’t offend anyone by taking action.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Good point...and a very frightening one at that. If the upper winds are from NW to SE, a Montana release would allow a toxin to spread over a long distance....from Montana to anywhere along the East Coast of the United States.

If the U.S. has a weak President at the time, we'll retaliate with economic sanctions against China, and a condemnation vote by the U.N..
edit on 2/2/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Theoretically, there is a lot they could do and drop while hovering over Alaska and Canada.

It feels like we are being probed for weaknesses and our defense was to let them cop a feel of lady liberty.
edit on 2-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join