It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia abandons Ukrainian city of Kherson in major retreat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Not to barge in or anything, but a return to the topic of Russia withdrawing from Kherson, and its implications for Crimea, as well as the loss of an annexed territory- would be appreciated. And btw, the governor Putin put in charge of Kherson has also died in a "car accident". So they lost the territory and its governor- and yeah, there is controversy surrounding that death. No surprise there.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

We've been 'guilty' of a lot of things in the past, there's no denying that.
But nothing like this on the scale or the disturbing frequency that Russia seems to do it.

Its almost as if its accepted and expected.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeh, i think the intentions behind moving the people are indeed rather pertinent, as is the piss poor track record Russia has where the ""relocation"" of people is concerned.

Hopefully, their intention is the well-being of the refugees as opposed to any other reason.

And im sure when we were forced to evacuate children to other locations and out with the inner cities nowhere near 30-40% of the poor wee souls died in the process.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I've just read the report of this guys death.
Can't help but be suspicious about this.
The guy was a passionate Putin supporter.
Is it evidence of Putin gradually losing control of things?

Or maybe it was just a tragic accident?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They needs to get a bunch of feral dogs from cities in the region and let them loose in the city first. Imagine how many booby traps and mines are in the city now. Yikes!

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Probably not far wrong there

Poor animals having to pay the price for Putin's ilks antics all the same feral or not.

edit on 9-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I've just read the report of this guys death.
Can't help but be suspicious about this.
The guy was a passionate Putin supporter.
Is it evidence of Putin gradually losing control of things?

Or maybe it was just a tragic accident?

Have you seen the pics of the vehicle?. Basically, the cab of the SUV was sheared clean off the chassis. It looks like a strange accident. The only thing I can think of is the car hit something really low and at high speed. like the back or the side of a low loader.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It looks pretty horrific.
The report I read says his car was in a collision with a lorry that made a 'dangerous maneuver'?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Maybe zelinsky got him?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It looks pretty horrific.
The report I read says his car was in a collision with a lorry that made a 'dangerous maneuver'?

Makes sense.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Russia's focus has always been Donbas and Crimea. It also goes to show the power of mother nature. The Dnipr river is truly the dividing line between western Europe and eastern Europe.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ok, something has got to be up here with this:

twitter.com...

So you tellin me that they are going to publicly release a video of highest level military planning and orders between the top general and the defense minister? In the middle of a war? No friggin way.

There is only one reason that comes to mind, and that is for deception/trap. And Zelensky is no fool, and isn't falling for it:

twitter.com...

Zelenskyy on Russia’s retreat from Kherson: No one leaves just like that

So while it may appear they have left, maybe they haven't and are hidden? Underground tunnels? Trap doors? Modern Trojan Horse? I smell deception here.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
With the troops thus freed, Russians are now in a good position to take the rest of Donbas. Donbas has been their priority since day 1. With Ukraine's population reduced to 30 million and Russia's population increased to 150 million, Ukraine is no longer a threat to Russia. At that point, Ukraine and Russia will negotiate a peace settlement, with Ukraine ceding Donbas and Crimea to Russia and in exchange Ukraine join NATO and host American military bases on Russian border. This is my theory.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yeh, something feels off or rather fishy.

I'm sure that bastard Putin has something nefarious in mind planned regarding the reoccupation of the city.

NATO is apt to have satellites tasked over the area all the same watching for anything nasty ready to come out of the woodwork.

My bet is the Russians let them in and then blow the dam upriver which could potentially cause chaos in the area.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

They withdrew across a river. What do we know of rivers and war ?
1) Kherson is a city .
2) Cities have to have supplies .
3) Rivers into cities have bridges.
4) Bridges across rivers carry supplies.
6) If the enemy controls the bridges , they control the supplies .

at the time being it doesn't matter for russia or Ukraine, both can get supplies from their rear.

And the OP still hasn't responded to my question of where they got the terms "abandoned" and "retreat" they used .

it's all over the msm's and here is just one,

Russian troops are reportedly abandoning checkpoints in the occupied Ukrainian region of Kherson, as images circulating on social media appeared to show that a Russian flag had been pulled down from the city council building.
Russia Abandoning Checkpoints in Ukraine as Flags Pulled Down in Kherson

one would think if russian were hanging round nobody would be pulling down their flag, you know something ol farty said that they can't give up because it's russian land they stole after illegally annexing it.

and another,

Turning Point? Russia Orders Retreat From Key City of Kherson

so yeah they have withdrawn,retreated, fled, hauled ass, got the ___k out of Kherson or any other number soyings.

edit on 9-11-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Or worse: underground nuclear detonation, right under Kherson once the Ukranian army has complete control of the city. Minimal fallout, massive ground level destruction to immediate area... And it would be risky, but nowhere near the same as an airburst. Or even: 4 or 5 tactical nukes, underground, spaced apart. This is stinking worse the more I think about it. Someone better watch those wind patterns.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Could be a deal Russians make with the Western Europeans. Russians stay on the eastern side of the Dnipr river, no threat to Western Europe, and in exchange Western Europe drop financial and military support for Kiev. Just my theory.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Putin is somewhat reminiscent of an evil Bond villain or Dr Evil take your pick really.

Hope you are not calling it there TrueAmerican.

Coz that sounds nasty never mind a tiny bit plausible even.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   
From what I read, Russians evacuated people to the east side of the river. There is a large dam they say may break and flood the area. Could be a precaution.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah well that could explain why they evacuated all civilians a couple weeks ago, and yet still some military have remained, causing the confusion about whether they were retreating or not.. That would have given them time to do the burials of the nukes, no civilians present. They may even have left no surface boobie traps, let em come in, get comfortable. When in fact they actually went into select basements, dug the floor up, planted nukes, re-cemented or covered, and are banking that the Ukrainians won't find them. Wait till max forces are there, wind patterns favorable.... and BOOM x 4 or 5 tactical- underground, but 100% effective for a 10 mile radius or more. Pretty scary.

If the US is going to send anything, they better send Ukraine nuke detectors. FAST.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join