It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia abandons Ukrainian city of Kherson in major retreat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think Xi and China have pretty much already told Putin they have markets in Europe and the West so any use of nukes is completely off the table and unacceptable.

I don't see Putin using them nether but just about anything seems possible in this crazy world.

As you suggest let's hope the recent discussions come to something reminiscent of a peace deal.

The thing is Freeborn Ukraine is going to want that occupied land back and if Russia is allowed to keep it then who knows what Putin thinks he can get away with next.
edit on 9-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I suspect you are right in your assessment of Xi and China.
In addition they smell a huge opportunity getting involved in the rebuilding of Ukraine when its all over.

Even the use of the smallest of nuclear weapons just goes against everything that has prevented wholescale global war for the last 80 years or so.
It sets such a dangerous precedent, surely even Putin can't be that stupid.....can he?

I've been getting subtle hints and intimations that maybe Putin doesn't have quite as much control over matters as he did at the outset of this invasion.
Maybe calmer heads are gently easing him out of the frame and slowly working towards some sort of workable peace that at least maintains some vestige of face for all concerned.

Lets hope so....but I could easily be very, very wrong.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

It's being reported here on telegram too. Just click the preview channel button.

t.me...

Their also saying with pics that the russians are digging trenches in crimiea. That , if true, would certainty look like putin has been pushed back and is also expecting an attack on crimiea.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Build Back Better?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
many people cant read it seems and say this is the msm, this is sergei shoigu the war criminal saying this. maybe he can also explain to putin that forever isnt a month.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

At this time I am really unsure why I should care about anything that is happening in the Ukraine. I care, in a sense that I don't like people dying in war, but I don't care in a sense that this is all really fishy and much of what my government (USA) says seems to be fabricated BS.

I am only sure that what Russia has taken has a Russian majority population that SEEMS to want to be part of Russia and that those same areas have also a good amount of natural resources under the ground beneath their feet as well as alot of ability to make cereal crops that Russia is lacking.

Therefore, I have no idea who to support and I will certainly be against any of my children being drafted to win whatever side my government sides with.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think it's safe to say that one way or the other.

No matter what happens next.

Russia are now the European pariah for the rest of this century to come.

And all down to the whims of just one man no less.

You would think no matter the nation that should not be allowed to happen in this day of age.

I guess it's the perfect example really of absolute power corrupting absolutely.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Do you evidence of your claim?
Ethnic cleansing?

Not first hand, but there is plenty of evidence that Russian actions have caused an outflow of Ukrainians from contested territory. Russia's belligerence and occupation is causing ethnic cleansing. Not to mention the "relocation" of Ukrainians into Russia, which is also well documented should you choose to look.

Russia, ensuring the survival of the master race for a hundred years.

So, no then.

Ethnic cleansing/genocide is a serious accusation.

It isn't something to embellish and throw conjecture about.

If what you're saying was actual fact, then Amnesty International would be all over it....

Stop spreading misinformation/disinformation.

We get enough of that from the MSM (Worldwide).

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The US is not only giving Ukraine weapons, but is also giving intelligence and advice to the Ukraine military.
If the Ukraine military follows the intelligence and advice, they will know just where Russia are weak and just where to hit the Russians with the weapons.
The wargameing for Ukraine is done by experts in the US and if followed this gives Ukraine a big advantage.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They withdrew across a river.
What do we know of rivers and war ?
1) Kherson is a city .
2) Cities have to have supplies .
3) Rivers into cities have bridges.
4) Bridges across rivers carry supplies.
6) If the enemy controls the bridges , they control the supplies .

And the OP still hasn't responded to my question of where they got the terms "abandoned" and "retreat" they used .
But this would not be the first time they injected words into a title that wasn't there .
Point proven ?

edit on 11/9/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Haven't gone through the thread properly but i see a number of people saying this isnt a turning point and its no big deal...

Well...

Thing is, Kherson symbolically is a really really big thing for putler and the ruZZians in this invasion... retreating from it is a big old kick to the nutz. This retreat will have putlers little pink panties in a Gordian knot, and people in high places and low grumbling dangerously.

Although this retreats been going on for a week at least now, Ukraines not got Kherson completely yet, but slow and steady.

edit on 9-11-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You know, you drive-by posters really get on my nerves. Accuse, accuse- and you couldn't even be bothered to read the link in the OP.

THE FRICKEN TERMS ABANDONED AND RETREAT ARE IN THE DAMN REUTERS STORY NEWS ARTICLE TITLE.

JESUS!

SMDH!

Here read!
Russia abandons Ukrainian city of Kherson in major retreat

LINK SPOON FED TO YOU AGAIN:
www.reuters.com...

Man I swear. Some people got all the nerve.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigfootNZ
Haven't gone through the thread properly but i see a number of people saying this isnt a turning point and its no big deal...

Well...

Thing is, Kherson symbolically is a really really big thing for putler and the ruZZians in this invasion... retreating from it is a big old kick to the nutz. This retreat will have putlers little pink panties in a Gordian knot, and people in high places and low grumbling dangerously.

Although this retreats been going on for a week at least now, Ukraines not got Kherson completely yet, but slow and steady.

I think one side is using the proper military and historical terminology without realizing that not everyone understands that there's a difference, while the other side is using the more common terminology without realizing that there's a difference.

From what I can tell, all of them are pretty much saying the same thing in their own way without realizing they're all saying pretty much the same thing.

And they're all pretty much correct.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

A significant percentage of such may very well support Ukraine or at least are not very happy at being ""moved"" to another place?

Exactly Andyskake and with over 3/4 of Kherson population being ethnic Ukranian they sure must be an issue for Russia. Like no wonder many had to be forced out of Kherson in the past weeks by the Russian military. Hope they make it out of Russia alive. Remember all those prisoners the Red Army took into Russia, can't remember the nmubers but memory says it was something like 1 in 10 survived only to be released like a decade later. Scary stuff for the Kherson people, it's like something from the Medieval times yet Russia has always been fixated by moving peoples around in times of war.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It's tragic ufoorbhunter.

I can only imagine what it must be like to be forced out of your own home and city and moved god knows where else.

Its something we don't really consider happening here in the UK.

Then again my bet is those poor Ukrainians did not see this happening to them anytime soon.

God help the poor sods given the nation's track record, i really hope they are ok and can return safely to Kherson at some point in the not-to-distant future.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

But your grandparents know the feeling very well.

The uk sent it's kids and women away from cities to the country side during ww2 to escape the nazi bombing raids.

Funny how in just a few generations entire societies can lose knowledge.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Here is a list of forced deportation during the Soviet era.
www.sciencespo.fr...
en.wikipedia.org...
The practice has been long established in Russia.

It doesn't account for the mass migrations that occurred due to the industrialisation programmes.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

That's true enough.

They have passed on now all the same back in 2014/15.

We forget certain aspects of life that happen from one generation to the next.

And yet our penchant where the repetition of history is concerned is immense.

The fact of the matter is that we choose not to learn from history where a lot of things are concerned.

Hence the reason we seem doomed to repeat past historical transgressions.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Kherson population around 300,000 pre war. 76.6% are Ukrainian according to Wiki. The Russian's took them away over the past few weeks. What happened, where are they? Sounds pretty creepy

Russia has been relocating civilians throughout the nether regions of eastern Russia - all for their own protection of course - for a while now.
Its a tried and tested tactic used by Russia for centuries.

Was just saying the same with Andy06shake FB
Those Ruskies don't half like moving peoples around. What a strange place it must be. We I guess used to do the same with troublesome people like thieves send em to Australia or even worse West Africa ( a death sentence of sorts) / people who were just in the way Scottish people again sent Aus or Canada to make way for sheep. It's so last century or two maybe more yet Russia is still doing this today. Totally insane

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

There's a big difference; children were sent to the countryside more or less out of harms way during The Blitz.
In Ukraine whole families are being forcibly relocated to the very cold, harsh north and eastern parts of Russia....just in time for winter.
Historically around about 30-40% of those relocated in such circumstances die....sometimes more.

Likening the two really is pretty lame.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join