It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia abandons Ukrainian city of Kherson in major retreat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

That doesn't change the fact that MSM has been misinforming us about what's happening.

I don't think they have , Russia was said to be preparing to withdraw last month when they started removing citizens from Kherson , they were also said to be removing heavy equipment and moving conscripts (cannon fodder) in to counter Ukrainian attacks while they set the traps they want to set , now the time has come to pull out and await the Ukrainian advance to spring the traps they set.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If this is a trap to lure in the Ukrainians-its the most telegraphed trap in history.

Is there a way for Ukraine to go around the city of Kherson and deal with the Russians on the far sde of the river before returning to the city?
This has happened wth other cities in previous wars,but I don't know if it is possible in this case.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I never said you said you were right. What are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

That doesn't change the fact that MSM has been misinforming us about what's happening.

Russia was said to be preparing to withdraw last month when they started removing citizens from Kherson , they were also said to be removing heavy equipment and moving conscripts (cannon fodder) in to counter Ukrainian attacks while they set the traps they want to set , now the time has come to pull out and await the Ukrainian advance to spring the traps they set.

It would be a terrible manoeuvre by Russia if they try that, but I DO hope that Ukraine can eject them, themselves, that WOULD be great IMO.

I've seen too many inconsistencies and quickly deleted stories by the MSM to put any stock in what they're reporting though. That's not to say it's ALL misinformation, the problem is sifting through it.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Well if it's any consolation, I've seen all those stories too, and did the same- never posted on it cause of no confidence. But this time I saw it first on twitter, and there were a ton of posts about it, then found the Reuters source. It's pretty true this time, pretty sure.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

I never said you said you were right. What are you talking about?

OK. Reality doesn't change the fact that you are right and the MSM is wrong. Ignorance is strength etc.

I may be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

We'll see.

edit on 11/9/2022 by MykeNukem because: 🍻

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Are you drunk on all those beer emojis? You're quoting my post right now, not your post lol. I said that, not you.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Are you drunk on all those beer emojis? You're quoting my post right now, not your post lol. I said that, not you.

The topic can be found in the OP.

link   
This is the 3rd time Russia has supposedly "abandoned" Kherson according to the MSM. Remember the Russians fleeing to the other side of the river last month? Never happened...

More legit sources are saying Russia is evacuating civilians out of the conflict zone(something Ukraine doesn't do)and preparing for another Ukraine offensive.

Why doesn't anyone in the west talk about the two other offensives Ukraine made towards Kherson?

It's because they got absolutely clapped by the Russians...

link   

Withdraw so we can drop the baby nuke?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

God forbid, but that could be aa good a guess as any.

If Putin is as off his rocker as they claim, who knows?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Putin will be risking radiation being carried straight back into Russia if he drops ANY nuke. The prevailing winds are E/SE. And the closer Ukraine gets, the worse that risk is. He's really put himself in a bind. I wanna see how he intends to defend Crimea.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't think they will be detonating any tactical Nukes in Kherson, too close to Crimea and their own troops on the other side of the river , they could blow the Dam upriver if as reported they have mined it.

I also doubt Putin has the authority left to order a pre-emptive tactical strike.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Putin claims that region to be part of Russia.

In his world view he would be nuking his own country

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Read the article again and explain the reason you use "abandoned" and "major retreat" .
I shall be coming back every now and then to check .

edit on 11/9/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/9/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Plus if the wind was to change he's just as apt to irradiate his own retreating troops.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Paragraph #1 & #3 = Agreed. I would also postulate that the Dnieper River which basically splits the Ukraine into east and west, will become the 'no man's land' while negotiations go on in the backrooms. The Russian retreat could be interpreted as them setting out their stall in preparation for that and forming their military 'wall' on the East.

Paragraph #2 Again, agreed.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ScepticScot

Plus if the wind was to change he's just as apt to irradiate his own retreating troops.

The immediate radiation impact of a small bomb is not going to be that high and frankly I don't think Putin gives a # about the health of his own troops.

More damaging to him would be the reputational damage of having to use a nuke on what he has claimed to be Russian territory
edit on 9-11-2022 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Paragraph #1 & #3 = Agreed. I would also postulate that the Dnieper River which basically splits the Ukraine into east and west, will become the 'no man's land' while negotiations go on in the backrooms. The Russian retreat could be interpreted as them setting out their stall in preparation for that and forming their military 'wall' on the East.

Paragraph #2 Again, agreed.
Rainbows
Jane

Good assessment IMO

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

This is the 3rd time Russia has supposedly "abandoned" Kherson according to the MSM.

It's the same time , 1st stage was to remove the citizens , 2nd stage to get the heavy equipment and bones of Russian hero Grigory Potemkin out , third stage pull what's left of the conscripts out.

These things don't run to timetables , there's a war going on dontcha know.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join