It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia abandons Ukrainian city of Kherson in major retreat

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CombatMosquito
Which btw, the world knows that stalin partnered with hitler until hitler double crossed him in WW2, and is not exactly a secret.

Oh, yes. Often scrubbed from the memory of the Russians and those who support them, as part of the re-writing of the past. The Soviets and Nazi Germany were hand-in-glove for the first couple of years. They were allies. Two sides of the same coin. Russia invaded / occupied Poland and the Baltic States and other places they felt belonged to them, just like the Nazis.

Russian imperialism, from WW2 to today.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Yup, it sure looks like Ukraine is planning on continuing it's counter offensive right through the winter.

Should be interesting. It was challenging enough for Ukraine to develop a modern military under fire in 8 months (an amazing achievement on it's own) and then immediately launch multiple successful good weather counter offensives against the world's '2nd most powerful military', I honestly don't know if they have what it takes for bad weather battles yet.

I guess we're about to find out.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: CombatMosquito
Which btw, the world knows that stalin partnered with hitler until hitler double crossed him in WW2, and is not exactly a secret.

Oh, yes. Often scrubbed from the memory of the Russians and those who support them, as part of the re-writing of the past. The Soviets and Nazi Germany were hand-in-glove for the first couple of years. They were allies. Two sides of the same coin. Russia invaded / occupied Poland and the Baltic States and other places they felt belonged to them, just like the Nazis.

Russian imperialism, from WW2 to today.

Both Hitler and Stalin pushed for a return to the borders of 1914 (before Adolf "drove" to the East).

Putin is much the same, wanting a return to the situation of 1985.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   
the president of ukraine goes to liberated kherson while the president of russia hides because he is worried about being assassinated. people take inspiration from their leaders and there is no inspiration from putin...

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LouisCypher

There is no inspiration from Putin

Inspiration to revolt i suppose for Russians.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

while it would be wonderful russians are gutless and instead of standing up to tyranny they run away to georgia, the balkans, turkey and khazakstan. they prefer autocracy and the assumed security it offers but there is no security when you get sent to ukraine to be used as cannon fodder...

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The objective of Kherson was the canal which runs from Dnipr to Crimea. They have the canal. They have the water to Crimea. Objective achieved. Of course, if Ukrainians build another dam to block the water, then war will start again forcing Russians to move up Dnipr to blow up the new dam.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: yellowriverguaguy

Are you back again?

Beginning to think you have a touch of the "Yellow River fever" my man.

Mods are apt to spot you.
edit on 14-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LouisCypher

Poor bastards cannot even say as they please or form opinions of their own all the same LouisCypher for fear of what might happen next.

And if they do Putin and his ilk are lightly to eighty-six the poor sods in gaol(don't fancy Russian nicks) or send them to the front to become as you suggest cannon fodder.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Gone again.

Is this some sort of a record?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
First time poster but does anyone find it very odd that a small country like Ukraine is going up against Russia and winning??? Maybe I'm just not as informed but in the beginning of this war is was said that Russia would easily wipe them out and all I been hearing is Russia's defeats here and there.

Thanks Jay

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bezerk77

Because of support for Ukraine by the West.

And a poorly trained and ill equipped Russian army due in no small part to years of corruption in their military .

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The real problems will begin after Russian forces are vanquished from the area and driven back across the border and into their own lands.

I mean if Ukraine can beat the Russian Federation then the other nations that border Russia will probably have had enough of Moscow and the Kremlin meddling from a distance.

edit on 15-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This whole affair makes me wonder how smart the average (sober) Russian is.

They have been banned or expelled from just about every major sport and event in the world. Their allies are North Korea (even Russians must think this fatboy cherub is a nutter!), Iran (the 'wear whatever you like, as long as it's black' brigade) and China, who are now starting to waver.

Did nobody stop to ask why, before they cracked open another bottle of paint thinners?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

Ah, but don't forget Bolivia.
edit on 15-11-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I wouldn't say odd but the word surprised comes to mind. I knew Russia's military had issues with corruption but still I thought they would handle Ukraine pretty easy even with the US and other allies providing support to Ukraine.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join