It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- Russia abandons Ukrainian city of Kherson in major retreat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The immediate radiation impact of a small bomb is not going to be that high and frankly I don't think Putin gives a # about the health of his own troops.

Which begs the question why use a small-yield battlefield nuke when the same destruction can be achieved via conventional explosives?

More damaging to him would be the reputational damage if having to use a nuke on whar he has claimed to be Russian territory

Agreed, plus the use of nukes of any sorts is apt to provoke a response from NATO which would more than lightly cripple or decapitate Russian forces in Ukraine.

Using nukes is a mugs game.

Then again so was Putin telling porkies and then going on to invade Ukraine under false pretense aka hunt the Nazi.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican
No, the prevailing winds are not E/SE they are Westerlies in the NW of the country and in southern regions they are N/NE'. I've posted about this before. Any fallout wont be landing on Moscow.
Link to climate in Ukrain
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Crimea ?

Kherson is quite close to Crimea which is why Kherson was the key target in the South to help them in their march for Odessa.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Very proud of what Ukrainian forces have been able to do against the invaders. I feel bad for the older conscripts of the Russian invaders. Got to really suck.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Kherson population around 300,000 pre war. 76.6% are Ukrainian according to Wiki. The Russian's took them away over the past few weeks. What happened, where are they? Sounds pretty creepy

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Filtration. Yeah, its ugly.

Why the war had to take directions like this and Bucha is beyond me.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yea I get it. Trying to follow a war this day and age is confusing. I don't have a dog in the fight just having trouble making sense of whats actually happening.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Hope they're ok, 1/3 million people............ 'Transferred to the East' oh dear heard that one before and it it doesn't sound good

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Russia still has a lot of closed cities hopefully they don't end up transported somewhere like that where anything could be allowed to happen to the poor souls.

And like you suggest its not like they don't have the previous.

I mean where do you put 1/3 of a million people that need to be fed, watered, and housed.

A significant percentage of such may very well support Ukraine or at least are not very happy at being ""moved"" to another place?
edit on 9-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Possibly.
Currently the winds are blowing in the direction TrueAmerican said. In which case, Belarus (an ally of Putin) would get it. Don't think he's going to risk that.
If the winds change to their prevailing directions, then given Kherzon is in the South, then the Westerlies are hardly going to touch there.
If the other prevailing winds which do affect the South, N/NEasterlies, then yes, fallout will go to Crimea. I've just checked the wind map again and the winds going over Kherzon currently are ENE. On that trajectory the extreme SW of Ukraine, Moldova and East Romania would get it.
Link to active wind map
It all depends which way the wind blows!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What I expect next is a massive exodus of civilians from Crimea. And it would be utterly NASTY if Ukraine chose this time to attack the Crimean Bridge again. Any bets?

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Meanwhile...

Kyiv Planning for Total Evacuation if It Loses Electricity

... so yeah, US/UK/NATO are definitely winning this war! ...or something

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: JAY1980

This is the 3rd time Russia has supposedly "abandoned" Kherson according to the MSM.

It's the same time , 1st stage was to remove the citizens , 2nd stage to get the heavy equipment and bones of Russian hero Grigory Potemkin out , third stage pull what's left of the conscripts out.

These things don't run to timetables , there's a war going on dontcha know.

Is this you?

You can't be this naive right?

Besides you are still ignoring the other 2 offensives from Ukraine in September and August that got crushed.
edit on 9-11-2022 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, the Russians have been ethnically cleansing Kherson and the region for some months, so the city will only be occupied by civilians that Russia deem expendable. They will flatten the city once they cede the ground.

Russia, destroying people's lives for a hundred years.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, the Russians have been ethnically cleansing Kherson and the region for some months, so the city will only be occupied by civilians that Russia deem expendable. They will flatten the city once they cede the ground.

Russia, destroying people's lives for a hundred years.

Do you have evidence of your claim?

Ethnic cleansing?

Links please...

I won't hold my breath.
edit on 9112022 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed word

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Russians are digging trenches in northern Crimea in anticipation of Ukraine's advancement past Kherson.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Kherson population around 300,000 pre war. 76.6% are Ukrainian according to Wiki. The Russian's took them away over the past few weeks. What happened, where are they? Sounds pretty creepy

Russia has been relocating civilians throughout the nether regions of eastern Russia - all for their own protection of course - for a while now.
Its a tried and tested tactic used by Russia for centuries.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Surely even Putin knows that the moment he authorises the use of any nuclear weapon, regardless of how low yield it may be, he loses what remaining moral high ground he has all around the world.
Xi and China would drop him like a steaming hot turd.

One can only hope that the recent discussions between Russia and the US have made it perfectly clear how unacceptable it would be.

But still; 'There is no world without Russia'.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Do you evidence of your claim?
Ethnic cleansing?

Not first hand, but there is plenty of evidence that Russian actions have caused an outflow of Ukrainians from contested territory. Russia's belligerence and occupation is causing ethnic cleansing. Not to mention the "relocation" of Ukrainians into Russia, which is also well documented should you choose to look.

Russia, ensuring the survival of the master race for a hundred years.

posted on Nov, 9 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Many have suspected that the Russian withdraw is a trap, and there will be a nasty surprise coming once Ukraine enters and takes over Kherson.

That doesn't make since to me. Seems it would be much more strategic to keep the city if you can. Not let the enemy have it and then destroy it and then take it back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join