It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Allows Spanking in Classrooms

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Johnny gets sent to principals office

And if Johnny doesn't want to go?

At some point, violence must be met with violence. That's why we spank kids; the butt is pretty well insulated. They learn the rules and don't get injured (except maybe their pride).

Paddling Johnny teaches him what? Violence for violence?

YES!

By teaching him that violence on his part causes violence against him, he will not be as likely to commit violence himself!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Maybe we should give out trophies for bad behavior.

I mean, y'all sure as # ain't for punishing it.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

It sounds super creepy that some adult wants to touch kids inappropriately. Granted it's with a paddle. But it sounds way groomerish.

There's plenty of other ways to discipline kids that don't involve touching them in an area that if you touched an adult you would be charged with sexual assault.

What would you prefer? A right jab to the jaw? That would be abuse!

I think you've got "groomer" on the brain. Parents and teachers can paddle a child without having sexual thoughts about the child, you know?

You know?

You do know that, right?

TheRedneck

edit on 8/29/2022 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

A slight aside....but what changes and what Sharia Law?

So in the UK and a few other EU countries with the heavy Middle East immigration that happened in the last 15 or so years there are areas in cities where these immigrants have declared they operate under Sharia Law which is

An Islamic legal system, based upon the Qur'an and hadith, and subsequently modified and interpreted by Islamic judges.
So they have established their own religious independent law system. It allows the same backward practices that go on in the ME like marrying off children to older men and establishing their own laws and punishment that is not very friendly to women in general, like its OK to beat your daughter to death under certain circumstances. The big change is you need to be 18 now instead of 16 in the UK to marry, but sex at 16 is still OK...

It really wasn't me that brought it up, and so andy06shake was suggesting the US is basically putting children up on the slave block to sell to the highest pedo bidder.

edit on 29-8-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Violence begets violence.

And if one discovers that at an early age, one typically does not want to beget violence against them.

Children are not born knowing what is and is not acceptable. They must be taught early that violence is not acceptable. The best way to do that is to demonstrate that violence from them begets violence toward them... just not in a manner that actually injures them.

All corporal punishment taught me was defiance.

I would suggest that you weren't spanked early enough then. Your defiance had time to settle in. A 2-year-old with a sore butt is not defiant.

My daughter got her first spanking just after one year old. It wasn't hard... just a quick spat on the diaper. But it shocked her to realize that she had obviously done wrong, and she cried like I had taken a blacksnake whip to her. I rarely had to spank her after that.

My son was tougher. Like you, he tried to be defiant. However, sufficient applications of a spanking to the proper area of the backside fixed that. He soon figured out that Daddy was bigger than he was and Daddy was not going to let him get away with what he was doing. By the time he was older, he received very few spankings.

Children need discipline and they need punishing at times.

Beating them isn't the answer.

Yes, they do... but I am not talking about beating. I am talking about spanking. There's a difference.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Paddling kids?

Sounds like groomer behavior to me.

Only if you are a groomer.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Whoever told you that is wrong.

Sure, some of the extremists advocate Sharia Law, sometimes very vocally.....but its not going to happen anytime soon.

No go areas?
No more so than other places.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So it turns out raising kids is really hard. Plenty turn to hitting a child for short term compliance because the alternatives are too hard, long term effects be damned.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

No go areas?
No more so than other places.

I think it is much more prevalent in EU than the US since you all had a rather huge immigration explosion, but as I said it was andy06shake who brought it up. I'm just speculating as to why UK changed marriage from 16 to 18 recently and forced marriages by immigrants makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I would suggest that you weren't spanked early enough then.

I'd suggest that you don't know # about me and that at times you are full of it.

Your defiance had time to settle in. A 2-year-old with a sore butt is not defiant.

Smacking two year old kids?
That's just #ing wrong, end of story.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You are defending groomer behavior.

A grown adult that is not a parent paddling a kid is sexual assault plain and simple.

If one adult paddles another adult without consent it is sexual assault. But because it's a child the non parental adult gets a pass? The paddling of the child is not consensual. It's assault. I don't know how to explain this any clearer.

If a kid does something to warrant punishment. There are other ways to handle it. The student wrote on the wall. Ok a month of cleaning walls and picking up garbage is a punishment. Let's not resort to barbarism.

edit on 29-8-2022 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Ok groomer.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I don't understand why they raised the minimum age to get married to 18 in the UK but I'd guess its probably something to do with forced marriages etc as you say.
But surely thats an indication that the UK is NOT pandering to Sharia Law?

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
So it turns out raising kids is really hard. Plenty turn to hitting a child for short term compliance because the alternatives are too hard, long term effects be damned.

Spanking is really for children well under 8 as it takes that long for some higher level thinking to mature. So slight pain/shock/uncomfortable situations is equated to bad or wrong. Right and wrong are learned traits and very early on a slight swat on the diaper is more shock than any form of pain, but they get the message that wrong/bad can be shock/pain. Please try reasoning with 3 yearold...lol Now saying that every child is different so there isn't one size fits all here. Paddling in school is 99% threat and not action...

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I don't understand why they raised the minimum age to get married to 18 in the UK but I'd guess its probably something to do with forced marriages etc as you say.
But surely thats an indication that the UK is NOT pandering to Sharia Law?

It doesn't mean it still doesn't go on, and not saying anyone is pandering to it, and raising the age limit at least takes it away from parental consent option that would work well with Sharia Law.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Spanking is really for children well under 8 as it takes that long for some higher level thinking to mature. So slight pain/shock/uncomfortable situations is equated to bad or wrong. Right and wrong are learned traits and very early on a slight swat on the diaper is more shock than any form of pain, but they get the message that wrong/bad can be shock/pain. Please try reasoning with 3 yearold...lol Now saying that every child is different so there isn't one size fits all here. Paddling in school is 99% threat and not action...

You're also simultaneously showing that 3 year old that hitting is a thing that people do, so that 3 year old will start to hit others, especially if there are siblings, which might lead to some hitting the 3 year old more (to stop the thing that they've taught the kid to do). As we learn more about the brain I think plenty are coming to the conclusion that pavolian psychology probably isnt best for raising children.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Getting call to the principals office for a paddling for preadolescent males was a badge of honor.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You're also simultaneously showing that 3 year old that hitting is a thing that people do, so that 3 year old will start to hit others, especially if there are siblings, which might lead to some hitting the 3 year old more (to stop the thing that they've taught the kid to do). As we learn more about the brain I think plenty are coming to the conclusion that pavolian psychology probably isnt best for raising children.

I disagree, it is the same thing as violence on TV does NOT equate to violence in kids, maybe we are smarter than dogs though pavilion style does work in many cases. If what you say is true then why do kids suck so much today as we past though the participation trophy era? One way or another the Parent/Teacher must maintain the role as authoritarian and not assume something like "friend" role or equal. Once again spanking isn't something you do daily weekly or even monthly, its to get the serious points across like don't touch the stove. As I said 99% of spanking in school is a blind threat more than anything else.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

If one adult paddles another adult without consent it is sexual assault. But because it's a child the

ABSOLUTELY.

If you mess up at work is a paddling acceptable? Why is it acceptable at school, think about that.
Does it automatically become unacceptable at 18?

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

YES! By teaching him that violence on his part causes violence against him, he will not be as likely to commit violence himself!

There are DECADES of studies on this.
People that have been abused are MUCH more likely to commit crimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join