It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Allows Spanking in Classrooms

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

What if the teacher had the maturity and composition to refrain from hitting a child in rage? What if she had been a responsible adult and used wisdom and reason to educate the child if the joke was at the expense of someone else?

If it was more of some kind of rude personal remark towards the teacher or someone else that's still no reason to lash out in anger or violence.

Adults are supposed to be able to show children a better way to live. Not to grow up mindlessly thinking and reacting to something in anger or violence.

I'm willing to bet we've all seen someone get cut down with words and shamed way more effectively than just repeatedly paddling or striking a child.

The only way I ever think physically striking a child, teenager, or anyone for that matter is if time is of the impotanceimportance and their lives are in immediate danger.

Such as when a friend's mother slapped the # out of my hand because I was about to burn the piss out of my hand by grabbing a hot pan, or when a coworker drop kicked me at work, because I had gotten latched onto a conduit that had a wire with damaged insulation in it and I was seconds away from actually dying.

I wouldn't even be mad if I saw someone tackled a kid if it mean stopping the kid from running in front of a car or something.

But spanking or paddling a kid just because they made an adult mad or aren't living up to some BS expectations is counterproductive and will more than likely produce effects that are contrary to what is intended.

Spankings and paddlings are a tool for adults who don't know how to communicate effectively or manage their emotions properly.

Or in the worst situations an excuse for adults to physically harm kids who can't fight back or for pervs to be able to touch children.

Especially paddling and spanking teenagers. That's just ridiculous lmao. Teenagers? At that point they're already their own person with their own ideas and wants unless they've been traumatized. Spanking and paddling them is just absurd, and is just adults being insecure about their imaginary authority and power over what they believe are material possessions and a potential source of income in their advanced years.
edit on 29-8-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: I said impotance lmao

edit on 29-8-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: impotence dammit!! ]=€]

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: JAGStorm
I strongly disagree with schools issuing corporal punishment.

While I understand your reticence, and feel similarly, in that it could easily be abused, children sometimes need a firm hand.

I would argue that as long as any/all events in the classrooms are always video/audio recorded, and all recordings are available to all parents at any time (this would be the tricky part, because it would need to be done securely), especially including any/all acts of corporal punishment.

The existence of such recordings would also serve to prevent acts of child abuse both in the form of physical and sexual, as well as teaching garbage like CRT and/or any part of the ridiculously insane trans agenda.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Child marriage is currently legal in 44 states (only Delaware, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island have set the minimum age at 18 and eliminated all exceptions), and 20 U.S. states do not require any minimum age for marriage, with a parental or judicial waiver.

I think its the above words that are of importance and Missouri law only changed in 2018 to 16 before that it was 14, plus with a parental or judicial waiver, there is no minimum age.

Then there is the fact that you can get married underage but can't file for divorce or seek protection against domestic violence.

At least you are not defending the diabolical situation where religious nutters think its somehow ok to marry children to other children or older adults.

Just because its ok in the eyes of god still don't mean its not pedophilia all the same no matter what the law says or whatever disclaimer has been issued or parental agreement in place.

They are children and deserve to be protected not sold or swapped like chattel and abused and used to breed the next generation where its apt to happen again.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-8-2022 by andy06shake because: 2018 not last year.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

We could also argue that some sick twisted bastards might get off on such video or audio recordings of children's arse's being paddled.

Hitting weans with bats is child abuse no two ways about it really tanstaafl.

And encouraging corporal punishment aka child abuse in schools is apt to end badly no matter whither there is parental consent or otherwise.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Considering the communist nature of the educators now ... no I don’t agree with this. Another punishment like writing on the blackboard or 100x on paper is better. But look I learned Montessori years ago and the punishment-reward system is. I good. We need to respect the child not beat him.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I am for disciplining your child but schools should be given the right to discipline other people's children because they may go farther and cause real pain or abuse.

I have never been one for spanking your child/children to the point that it causes pain because I believe it just instills in them that violence is OK when you get angry.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I'm a bit conflicted by this.
When I went to school corporal punishment was frequent - especially for wrong 'uns like me.
It was even worse when my parents went to school.

I got the cane quite often, mostly across the hand.
It served as a deterrent to most pupils but for repeat offenders like myself it became something of a none issue.

I got a the thin side of a metal ruler across my knuckles a couple of times.
Made to kneel on board rubbers.
A P.E. teacher once gave me a few kidney punches whilst playing five-a-side and threw a set of keys at me cutting my head and another time kicked me in the head playing rugby - about 5 or 6 years after leaving school I bumped into him at a local event and publicly humiliated him for his bullying.

I once received 6 of the best across my arse that caused me to bleed quite a bit, the teacher was a real bull of a man.
I was 16.

I'd suggest that it was partly to blame for anesthetising me to violence and accustomising me to the violent world I was in.
Not solely to blame, far from it.

Yes, kids are treat with kid gloves nowadays and teachers hands are tied.
And kids need to learn some good old fashioned values and respect.
But no-one deserves to receive the brutal treatment I did.

I assure you, if a teacher or anyone else ever did anything remotely similar to my Grandson they would receive far, far worse in return.
edit on 29/8/22 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Let’s face it, we live in a different world with different kids!

No we don't.

Kids have always been little A holes. Thats why they're called kids.

Discipline is what it takes to turn those kids in to adults so they won't go around burning,looting,murdering or shooting up schools.

RESPECT for authority.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

They stopped giving weans the belt a year before i started school mate about 1980/1981.

Still made them stand in corners facing walls and crap like that all the same which is phycological abuse itself.

In this day of age its child abuse and just wrong.

I think if a teacher hit any of my two, especially with a weapon or a bat, i would be sitting in the back seat of his car waiting on him coming out the school so we could have a quite word or two in private.

edit on 29-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I left in 82 Andy, looking back I think the only word that can be used to describe it is brutal.
Don't get me wrong, I was no angel and deserved some sort of punishment most of the time.....but what they did to me was more than punishment and there's simply no excuse for it.

Even when I had to kneel on a board rubber with my nose against a wall.
If my face came away from the wall it was forcibly rammed back into it.

Bicycle rides with the hairs on my temples.
Down the barbers the next day for a Number One.

If someone suffered the injuries I did the time I got 6 of the best across the arse nowadays the person inflicting the punishment would get about 6 years stuck up his arse.
Literally blood everywhere.

I think its vitally important that kids learn boundaries, to repsect rules and law and that there are real, significant implications and punishments when those rules and laws are broken - most of the 'punishments' given nowadays are just plain stupid, ineffective and are hardly fitting the 'crime'.
But we can not allow most of things I experienced to be re-introduced, ever.

As you say, anyone hurting any of mine in any way like that would receive far, far worse in return.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

as a topic its one we went on strike over in the 70s, by us i mean us school kids..

as they say things only stop when people say no more abuse, be it masks or beatings..

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

I guess those adults are weaklings if they can't manage to avoid being controlled by students. So who's really weaker then? The kids or the adults?

I see it all the time where kids are running the show at their house. Parents just let them....

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

RESPECT for authority.

Corporal punishment on a kid does not create RESPECT for authority. It creates outlaws...

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Just because its ok in the eyes of god still don't mean its not pedophilia all the same no matter what the law says or whatever disclaimer has been issued or parental agreement in place.

They are children and deserve to be protected not sold or swapped like chattel and abused and used to breed the next generation where its apt to happen again.

Define pedophile for me so we can at least understand what you mean by it. You are using it incorrectly...

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

I noticed this connection as well with spanking / teachers for some I met, but not for myself. If we talk BDSM, I think that initial idea came from such ordeals. People being a bit masochistic and it carried over to BDSM when reaching adulthood.

Everyone knows it makes the skin sensitive, warm and burning if not overdone, so some like that. It also enhances blood flow in that region. One more reason why I am against spanking children, besides violence.

We say here though, "who does not want to listen has to feel". I was raised with that mantra even though never got spanked I had to fear other hurting punishments.

I don't want my daughter to grow up in fear of violence and so far I do a good job without any such measures. It's possible but might also be dependent on the child soul. Some children are born with a sense of righteousness, some have to learn it. I am lucky my daughter seem to know naturally what is good and bad.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The NEA is run by communist for a long tine now ( ok if people are more comfortable with the term Progressive fine) and the children are already being abused with this crazy new gender thing and transgender confusion.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

I guess those adults are weaklings if they can't manage to avoid being controlled by students. So who's really weaker then? The kids or the adults?

I see it all the time where kids are running the show at their house. Parents just let them....
Cps can come and take your children if so much as a word is given them by neighbors or someone who’s mad at you. The welfare state under cloward and Piven created this as well as the nea, John Dewey, and the crazy radicals, as well as the general breakdown of society and culture, inner city crime, and moral degeneration brought about by secular humanism.
edit on 29-8-2022 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: neo96

RESPECT for authority.

Corporal punishment on a kid does not create RESPECT for authority. It creates outlaws...

That's an effing joke.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Just for clarity; you support corporal punishment?

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I do since I am from a generation when it was in use where school shootings was a rarity.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join