It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Allows Spanking in Classrooms

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: olaru12

Back in Lubbock In jr. High, Mr. Ricky the history teacher paddled Dwane much harder and longer than necessary for the infraction. When Dwane was a freshmen in high school and a big strong teen, he took his revenge on Mr. Ricky after a football game. Mr. Ricky swallowed a few teeth, retired and left town. It's a good thing because Mr. Ricky made a lot of enemies during his time at Van Buren jr. high and a lot of kids had long memories of his abuse.

You assume the rage was based on that experience, Dwayne had a lot of living life after that. You can't speculate.

I'm not assuming anything. Dwyane was a friend of mine and obsessed about kicking Mr. Ricky's ass.

Your reap what you sow....in small town Texas.

Do Texans obsess a lot and not rationalize as intelligent humans (opposed to great apes)?

Why don't you take that adolescent snotty attitude to Texas and find out!

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Not it; I appreciate the search, though. This would have been during the Obama admin, sometime. So a bit further back.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Spoken like a true liberal. There can be no physical touching by the administrator of the punishment.

Yeah, imagine that, I don’t want other adults to touch my kids. I guess that is a very foreign thing to some.

You sound like a liberal, you want the state to raise your kids!

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

""Special situations"" when you marry children under the age of 16?

Thats not exaggeration, that's pedophilia, most lightly of the religious sorts.

I said 16 and over, not under 16, those were your words. The other person needs to be under 21 too, so in a case the girl is pregnant and they want to get married with both within a few years of each other. If it is some other situation I agree with you, but it still isn't pedophilia, so don't generalize that word which is a horrific event.

Its not correct in this day of age and should not be allowed to happen in any first world nation no matter which way you care to spell it.

Sorry to say, but 18 isn't some fundamental age that you go from a child to an adult, never has been....I'm not here to defend it, just speaking realities.

edit on 28-8-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Gothmog

Spoken like a true liberal. There can be no physical touching by the administrator of the punishment.

Yeah, imagine that, I don’t want other adults to touch my kids. I guess that is a very foreign thing to some.

You sound like a liberal, you want the state to raise your kids!

Again , there is no physical touching.
Also , the punishment is not delivered in the classroom .
Out in the hall or the principle's office .
With witnesses .

Stop with the misleading statements.

I can't be a liberal as i believe in character , morals , logic , and reason .
Not "feelz"

edit on 8/28/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Why not just taze them?

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Back in Lubbock In jr. High, Mr. Ricky the history teacher paddled Dwane much harder and longer than necessary for the infraction. When Dwane was a freshmen in high school and a big strong teen, he took his revenge on Mr. Ricky after a football game. Mr. Ricky swallowed a few teeth, retired and left town. It's a good thing because Mr. Ricky made a lot of enemies during his time at Van Buren jr. high and a lot of kids had long memories of his abuse.

You assume the rage was based on that experience, Dwayne had a lot of living life after that. You can't speculate.

I'm not assuming anything. Dwyane was a friend of mine and obsessed about kicking Mr. Ricky's ass.

Your reap what you sow....in small town Texas.

Do Texans obsess a lot and not rationalize as intelligent humans (opposed to great apes)?

Why don't you take that adolescent snotty attitude to Texas and find out!

Why don't you realize or answer the question without me having to do anything else?

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wait, is Missouri near Texas?

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I remember having to stand in the corner, facing the wall, for the entire class for talking. Right in front of everybody, at the front of the class while the teacher continued teaching.

I remember getting whipped with the ruler in school. We had to stick out our hand, palms facing down, fingers straight out and the teacher would give us a hard smack with a wooden ruler. Teacher would whip our weak hand so we didn't have any excuse for not being able to do our written school work.

Heck, I can still even remember some of my teachers having their full ashtrays right on the desk too lol

edit on 28-8-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: Typo

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel
a reply to: JAGStorm

I remember having to stand in the corner, facing the wall, for the entire class for talking. Right in front of everybody, at the front of the class while the teacher continued teaching.

I remember getting whipped with the ruler in school. We had to stick out our hand, palms facing down, fingers straight out and the teacher would give us a hard smack with a wooden ruler. Teacher would whip our weak hand so we didn't have any excuse for not being able to do our written school work.

Heck, I can still even remember some of my teachers having their full ashtrays right on the desk too lol

Me too, it was when Corporal Punishment was in effect...we were all hit and some of us pulled our fingers off the chalkboard ledge when the ruler was about it hit...me. Ha.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: drongosrevenge
in 3rd grade, this skumbag principal spanked a kid, in front of the class.
it was not the pain, mind you.

it was the presentation.
skumbag walks into class, says 'im here to [spank] tommy...'

then, he marches tommy, humiliatingly, in front of the class.

says, 'sit down across my lap'

tommy had to obey.

then this jack spanked tommy. it was not so bad, but like 5 times.

tommy was humiliated. tommy started to cry, not from the spanking, it was the fact the principal enjoyed humiliating a kid in front of 20 other kids.

if i could go back in time? lol.

during grade school graduation, he hands me my diploma, on stage, in front of the big audience, goes to shake my hand.
EVEN in 6th grade, i said, fokkk your nonsense.

i left him hanging.
my brothers in the audience loved it.

i walked away.

guy was old back then. but if i ever see any teacher who shttt on me, for sure i would tell them the fokk off now.
im a power lifter, former bouncer. no one talks or disrespects me. and i never disrespect others.

yet those bullys, teachers, pigs, uncles, growing up.

it stinks.

if the kid needs to be spanked, maybe in the hallway, in the moment like, like the kid is going nuts, teacher grabs him, he keeps squirming, smack! thats fine.

in front of the class, so the principal can enjoy dominating someone smaller than him?
get out of here.

Those are the kinds of teachers that are sick in the head and get off on spanking children.

Especially the sick #s that would make children pull their pants and underwear down to spank them.

If spankings actually worked the way some people believed they did I should have been the beaten straight by the time I got into high school and had the grades to get into some fancy school.

I was "paddled" at school damn near at least two or three times a week, then beat at home afterwards. Really just reinforced my lack of respect for people who assume authority through threats and/of violence.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: DAVID64

....on the other hand, if they act in class the same way the do in Wal Mart, some of those little sh**s deserve a boot in the ass from time to time.
Especially the teenagers.

if there is no repercussions to being an asshole, then many will opt to be themselves, rather than the reserved version, and you have a situation. With a small deterrent, like a paddling coupled with the entire campus knowing you just got the paddle, quite a few mistakes might be avoided. As long as it's not abused.

I don't know about you, but where I went to school everyone sided and sypathised with the one who got paddled or at least thought it was funny and laughed with the one who was paddled not at.

Hell, we used to get paddled in groups. Just lined up, bent over, and paddled in the hallway. The paddle was basically a stubby cricket shaped bat with holes drilled in it and duct tape around the handle. It saw plenty of use and I seriously doubt it had the profound benefits the way so many claim. Hell, we'd all get paddled and then laugh about it during and after. It was hard enough to keep from laughing my ass off at their petty attempts to control us through fear.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Yes, back then their methods were totally dreamt up and unfounded, but they were the product of their upbringing, so there needed to be a halt to all that #, but nobody stepped up to stop it. Difficult stopping the conditioning.
edit on 28-8-2022 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Do the kids have to "bend over" first to get paddled? What if they don't bend over obligingly, can the teacher force their head down?

How hard is too hard? If a kid complains, will they have to show the marks to prove it was to violent of a paddling, and to who?

Skip to the 2:20 timestamp
www.nbc.com...

They used to grab us by the back of the neck and hold us down if we were too squirrelly.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Riddle me this..

And.. keep in mind I was spanked in school as a child one time and I am STILL bitter about it.
Missouri is allowing paddling with parental permission.

Riddle me this…
If a child gets paddled and they fight back is it self defense?

#2 if a teen/child gets paddled and they like it, is it sexual assault?

Let’s face it, we live in a different world with different kids!

PS> I did not deserve the spanking I got. If I could go back I would have popped that teacher in her face!
That’s me healing my inner wounded child! 😂

How about a quick ruler on the hand with no time to evaluate whether you accept it or not. We live in different times because parents and schools suck and this allows kids to assume the alpha role and control the adults around them.

I guess those adults are weaklings if they can't manage to avoid being controlled by students. So who's really weaker then? The kids or the adults?

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Do the kids have to "bend over" first to get paddled? What if they don't bend over obligingly, can the teacher force their head down?

How hard is too hard? If a kid complains, will they have to show the marks to prove it was to violent of a paddling, and to who?

Skip to the 2:20 timestamp
www.nbc.com...

They used to grab us by the back of the neck and hold us down if we were too squirrelly.[/quote

I was a fighter child, so I would have challenged them phsyically if necessary...I was a tomboy and didn't take any # from anyone. Fighter.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I've met a few people who told me they attribute their kinks to being paddled and spanked by teachers and their parents. If that not at least somewhat "grooming" then whatever lol.

I may have been beat a lot as a kid, but at least I never had an adult pull my pants and underwear down so their "loving discipline" has more of a "connection."

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yeah, I ended up getting kicked out of school a few good times for resisting and fighting back. What a great effect that had on my grades! lmao. Learned how to get by by doing the bare minimum, and looking back at my so-called teachers as an adult now I see how puny and ineffectual they really were as educators and as adults.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

If spankings actually worked the way some people believed they did I should have been the beaten straight by the time I got into high school and had the grades to get into some fancy school. I was "paddled" at school damn near at least two or three times a week, then beat at home afterwards. Really just reinforced my lack of respect for people who assume authority through threats and/of violence.

1000000% ABSOLUTELY!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
All liberals' goal in life is to be able to do ANYTHING they would like without fear of repercussion .
Anywhere, anytime.

Having an adult touch my ass is not proper punishment.

What if instead of your ass,
the teacher simply smacks you across the back
with a cane,
all in the blink of an eye with no forewarning,
no ceremony, and no pre-corporeal ritual fanfare?

Would that be better?

I have witnessed this, seventh grade.
The kid turned around to laugh, a short honest monosyllabic laugh
at something funny uttered behind him, and the teacher uncoiled
like a snake, just exploded on him, from behind her desk.

Even today with a protracted media sponsored coup and maniacs like
Yuval Noah Harari running loose, and Matt Heinz...
I still can't believe what I saw. Decades ago, but it's as fresh as tomorrow
in my mind's eye. I think it was a backhand, from her left hand.
Instinctive, as though caught at net with a mean shot just right of the body
but she had to use her wrong hand, the cane hand, no time to think...well
here is what may have been cogitated:

the boy had pivoted over his left shoulder to laugh
a single note like a bird, joyous
cane on left side
the only way I can (safely) strike him (on the back) with full fury,
would be to draw the cane back, over desk,
like a retreating defensive sword sweep, and follow through with a backhand.

sM@cK

this got everyone's attention
and she was frozen there
for a second

biting her lip, eyes gleaming,
tilted like John Wayne's....the leading one raised, wildly exophthalmic.
The boy shrieked, then it was over.

Later he revealed the log welt.
It was a very good hit.
There were no repercussions iirc.
It just was.

# 1597
edit on 28-8-2022 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2022 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join