It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Allows Spanking in Classrooms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Riddle me this..

And.. keep in mind I was spanked in school as a child one time and I am STILL bitter about it.
Missouri is allowing paddling with parental permission.

Riddle me this…
If a child gets paddled and they fight back is it self defense?

#2 if a teen/child gets paddled and they like it, is it sexual assault?

Let’s face it, we live in a different world with different kids!

PS> I did not deserve the spanking I got. If I could go back I would have popped that teacher in her face!
That’s me healing my inner wounded child! 😂

edit on 28-8-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When I was in grade school, the principals name was Saddlemeier…..we used to call him Paddlemeier.
I don’t even remember what I did but I got it once, he used what I would call a small cutting board with a handle on it about 1 inch thick.
Once was enough to keep me from getting into trouble again.
My father asked me when I got home if I thought I deserved it and I told him yeah I guess so and he just said don’t do it again and that was that.
I have no problem with it at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

" with parental permission "

Does that mean they sign a form giving them blanket permission or they have to directly contact the parents if/when needed ?

Also, discipline begins at home, so if the kid gets whacked, the parents need to be right beside them.

....on the other hand, if they act in class the same way the do in Wal Mart, some of those little sh**s deserve a boot in the ass from time to time.
Especially the teenagers.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I strongly disagree with schools issuing corporal punishment.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

....on the other hand, if they act in class the same way the do in Wal Mart, some of those little sh**s deserve a boot in the ass from time to time.

if there is no repercussions to being an asshole, then many will opt to be themselves, rather than the reserved version, and you have a situation. With a small deterrent, like a paddling coupled with the entire campus knowing you just got the paddle, quite a few mistakes might be avoided. As long as it's not abused.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Why do we believe that it is acceptable to do to a child something that, if done to an adult, would be considered a crime...even when approved by another responsible adult?

Isn't this just another form of "grooming"?

Grooming to approve, and use, violence.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Good.

If the child acts up, swat his/her butt!

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Doesn't sound like a good idea, I would not take someone putting their hands on my kid well, not well at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Whatever need to be done to whip these little sh!ts into shape.

The millennials and the generations thereafter, clearly didn’t get enough discipline at home.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In the classroom?
Really?

That is pretty humiliating.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Mid school I got swatted with one of them air conditioned paddles
at least once a month. I thought I'd be a pussy to tell my mom or
complain or cry.

I knew I deserved at least that for the things I got caught doing.

And for the things I never got caught doing.

I was horrible.

edit on 28-8-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Isn't this just another form of "grooming"?

Grooming to approve, and use, violence.

Then we shouldn't put them in time out, that's just grooming them for prison.

We shouldn't take toys or video games away either. That would be teaching them that it's ok for people to take their stuff.

edit on 28-8-2022 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
in 3rd grade, this skumbag principal spanked a kid, in front of the class.
it was not the pain, mind you.

it was the presentation.
skumbag walks into class, says 'im here to [spank] tommy...'

then, he marches tommy, humiliatingly, in front of the class.

says, 'sit down across my lap'

tommy had to obey.

then this jack spanked tommy. it was not so bad, but like 5 times.

tommy was humiliated. tommy started to cry, not from the spanking, it was the fact the principal enjoyed humiliating a kid in front of 20 other kids.

if i could go back in time? lol.

during grade school graduation, he hands me my diploma, on stage, in front of the big audience, goes to shake my hand.
EVEN in 6th grade, i said, fokkk your nonsense.

i left him hanging.
my brothers in the audience loved it.

i walked away.

guy was old back then. but if i ever see any teacher who shttt on me, for sure i would tell them the fokk off now.
im a power lifter, former bouncer. no one talks or disrespects me. and i never disrespect others.

yet those bullys, teachers, pigs, uncles, growing up.

it stinks.

if the kid needs to be spanked, maybe in the hallway, in the moment like, like the kid is going nuts, teacher grabs him, he keeps squirming, smack! thats fine.

in front of the class, so the principal can enjoy dominating someone smaller than him?
get out of here.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The downfall of America traces back to the removal of the oaddle from school. So they are on a good track to fix things.

Ofcoarse it comes with it's own problems but discipline and self discipline had been destroyed and need restored.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: DAVID64

if there is no repercussions to being an asshole, then many will opt to be themselves, rather than the reserved version, and you have a situation. With a small deterrent, like a paddling coupled with the entire campus knowing you just got the paddle, quite a few mistakes might be avoided. As long as it's not abused.

And how do you prevent "it" from being abused?

And what do you do to restore the victim of the abuse? Is "We're sorry this happened to you", enough?

An extreme example, but, one of the problems with capital punishment is that once a person is executed, the State can't just say "Oops! Our bad, you were actually innocent. Here's your life back."

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Do the kids have to "bend over" first to get paddled? What if they don't bend over obligingly, can the teacher force their head down?

How hard is too hard? If a kid complains, will they have to show the marks to prove it was to violent of a paddling, and to who?

Skip to the 2:20 timestamp
www.nbc.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Not punishing bad behavior is grooming.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
When I was a kid we got the belt in school. It was always abused by teachers. Many teachers would wrap a duster of cloth around the wrists to avoid leaving welts up your arm. I can also recall having my hanhd placed over the back of a chair whilst being belted. I was never so bad just things like not having done homework or being late. We had a teacher that would wait till sfter the bell and all late comers would get the belt regardless of circumstance. There are a few teachers I'd happily give a right hook given the chance.
In my primary school we had a psycho teacher who would play a game on Fridays called two of the belt. He would pick out a kid he wanted to belt and match him up with someone smarter and the loser would get two of the belt. I was clever in school and never lost that game but it was a grim affair.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Riddle me this..

And.. keep in mind I was spanked in school as a child one time and I am STILL bitter about it.
Missouri is allowing paddling with parental permission.

Riddle me this…
If a child gets paddled and they fight back is it self defense?

#2 if a teen/child gets paddled and they like it, is it sexual assault?

Let’s face it, we live in a different world with different kids!

PS> I did not deserve the spanking I got. If I could go back I would have popped that teacher in her face!
That’s me healing my inner wounded child! 😂

How about a quick ruler on the hand with no time to evaluate whether you accept it or not. We live in different times because parents and schools suck and this allows kids to assume the alpha role and control the adults around them.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

When I and my siblings went to school spanking was allowed and no parental permission was needed, it was a lot more respect in the classroom and more attention.

Now schools are a joke of unruly entitle, born children than think they have to disrupt classrooms in order to make a point.

Yes I was a teacher for a while, things have change I have to say that, before it was parents' rights, teachers lose, now no more parents right, teaches grooming rights.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join