It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Allows Spanking in Classrooms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

any parent that ignores the option to opt in or out isn't paying enough attention to their kids school life, and should re-evaluate their position.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If I can't trust a teacher/principal to teach my child math, English, science or anything other than woke nonsense, then I really don't think it's wise for me to trust them to determine when my child needs to be assaulted -um I mean corporally punished.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Again, this is backward thinking by anti-WOKE republican red state thinking. The same kind of mentality that took out Row v Wade.

To always go back to the old-time thinking (such as bigoted religion) syndrome even though the old-time thinking was unjust, dangerous, ignorant, and stupid. Including things like justifying slavery, abuse of children, anti-women, and gay prejudice, and all kinds of bad things humans evolve out of.

If they're going to do something like this, number one, the parent should be notified first and ONLY done with their permission. OR better yet, NOT done unless the parent at home does it.

What teacher is qualified to determine why, how, or when a child should be whipped?

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
a reply to: DerBeobachter

You know, if the roof ist rusty, the cellar is probably moist.

Absolutely!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
On our journey back first into the caves and then back onto the trees, it looks like we are in the middle ages right now.

Btw, a redheaded woman will visit me later, is it safe for me for me to light her up and being praised as witch hunter afterwards or am i a bit too early for such shenanigans and should ask next month again?

rowena?

she had to talk you into killing her, sam.

long story.

but i don't remember anyone getting paddled.

but the nuns would rap your knuckles when needed.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I did a year of school in 1988 in Winnsboro, La.

At that time, they were STILL paddling students all the way up to high school seniors.

If it was deemed necessary and effective to have paddling in school, what changed that deemed it unnecessary? Did the children's behavior improve or was it just deemed wrong overall?

A LOT of what used to work and kept things balanced was deemed to be wrong even though it was working and effective. I'm STRICTLY talking about corporal punishment so don't try to derail my point by making comparisons to racial issues or whatever.

I was spanked, NOT ABUSED, and personally I'm better for it. I'm part of the last generation to have had the greatest generation as my grandparents. To have their values, ethics and morals, even if not followed or closely adhered to, at the very least we have knowledge of those traits.

The generations after me operating now would call the cops if their parents took away their phone.

The behavior of the "YOLO", "IDGAF" generations can be attributed to parents not being able to enforce necessary rules and boundaries during the early years. IMO.

edit on 8/28/2022 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz
I am doing some mental gymnastics to try to figure out to whom this is meant to appeal. You have opposites where one side doesn't suscribe to corporal punishment at all, and the other side doesn't trust teachers to assign a math problem, so what's makes them think they will trust them to whip their child.

Is this meant to further divide? Is this meant to see who is perfectly okay with the other side's children being beaten because they think the problem only exists with the children of the opposite side?

IMO no teacher is qualified to whip a child.
edit on 28-8-2022 by Identified because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
Again, this is backward thinking by anti-WOKE republican red state thinking. The same kind of mentality that took out Row v Wade.

To always go back to the old-time thinking (such as bigoted religion) syndrome even though the old-time thinking was unjust, dangerous, ignorant, and stupid. Including things like justifying slavery, abuse of children, anti-women, and gay prejudice, and all kinds of bad things humans evolve out of.

If they're going to do something like this, number one, the parent should be notified first and ONLY done with their permission. OR better yet, NOT done unless the parent at home does it.

What teacher is qualified to determine why, how, or when a child should be whipped?

First it was spanking children who were being nasty little #s, then they banned women from voting and owning property.

I think you're on to something!

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Well seen spanking in schools requires parental permission.

This is the same state where its legal to marry at 15 as long as you have parental consent.

Who are these ""so-called parents"" that want to let teachers beat their children's arse with paddles and marry them off whilst still a child???

When did Missouri adopt Sharia law ffs?

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

This is Methville, Barry County, MO that started this. A bunch of parents who "Thanked" the school board for passing this because they think whoopin a child will keep them better behaved at home I guess...

www.usatoday.com...

We are in the mess we are in because parents have abdicated their parenting to the schools.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"Parental Permission" may be code for opening the doors of pedoism as some pedo teachers and admins might offer big money to Parents for "Permission" to "paddle", especially for 17 and 18 year old high school girls 🥶

Kind of a stretch...lol

I don't remember anyone in high school getting paddled as by that time we are talking young adults well past the age of fearing getting paddled. I also do not remember a single girl getting paddled. ever... I do remember some of that around the 4 through 7 grade though, or at least the fear of the principal having some huge paddle.

Also a pedo is interested in pre puberty, not post puberty, so your point doesn't really fit very well.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

I'm not necessarily against smacking a child if they become completely unruly.

Thats if it's your own child, but certainly not with weapons.

Different strokes for different folks i suppose but violence should always be a last resort where children are concerned and the domain of the parents alone by my estimations.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well seen spanking in schools requires parental permission.

This is the same state where its legal to marry at 15 as long as you have parental consent.

Who are these ""so-called parents"" that want to let teachers beat their children's arse with paddles and marry them off whilst still a child???

When did Missouri adopt Sharia law ffs?

Exaggerate much? In that state it is 16 under special situations. The person not 16 needs to be under 21 too.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

""Special situations"" when you marry children under the age of 16?

Thats not exaggeration, that's pedophilia, most lightly of the religious sorts.

Its not correct in this day of age and should not be allowed to happen in any first world nation no matter which way you care to spell it.

en.wikipedia.org...
populationmatters.org...
www.independent.co.uk... html

"Child marriage is currently legal in 44 states (only Delaware, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island have set the minimum age at 18 and eliminated all exceptions), and 20 U.S. states do not require any minimum age for marriage, with a parental or judicial waiver."
edit on 28-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz

Of course, it's the red states doing this in America. Typical of how they think.

I think red, blue, green, or purple is a bad idea.

How long? Do they do it in High school? At what age do they stop?

They stop at the age that the kids are old enough to buy semiautomatic weapons and come back to "repay" their "teachers", and anyone else who might be nearby.

Sarc/

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I used to go to a strict Christian private school from like prep to grade 3 in the late 80’s that had the paddle. I used to get it every other week.

It was just the whole prospect of it that scared me the first time. But after that it was pretty much just a joke to me. Compared to the complete beat downs I’d cope from the old man it really meant nothing and probably gave me more of a sense of power over those teachers… as in ‘there’s nothing you can do to hurt me’.

Anyway, I don’t have kids, but if I did I think I would absolutely lose my s# if they got assaulted at school by a teacher like that… it’s not going to teach them to be better people. Half the time they probably don’t know or think they’ve done anything wrong, so will just walk away feeling like they’ve been bullied.

It’s some backwards arse mentality… thinking you can smack a child into good behavior.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Punishing bad behavior is not "smacking a child into good behavior".

Punishing bad behavior is punishing bad behavior.

I honestly don't believe that you think bad behavior should be rewarded, do you?

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   
When I was in third grade, my parents sent my sister and me to parochial school, a Lutheran evangelical K-8 school. At this school, I saw kids abused all the time. It wasn't just spankings with a paddle either. I saw kids get the belt, hit, punched in the face, and in one case, a girl in my class got marched to the front of the class to be choked. Yeah, choked. I told my parents what was going on and what I witnessed. It was absolutely ridiculous. There's discipline, and then there's abuse. Fortunately, I was a good kid and never got assaulted. But after telling my parents about this, we never went to that school again after a year. I think my parents were looking for a school with a good Christian education, but that kind of abuse is not at all Christian.

Any discipline should be done at home, by the parents, and not abuse. Schools have no business doing this.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I really wish I could find the post I made on here years ago about this. I was paddled once at school. Long story short, no hard feelings; it was not done in a classroom but in an office with the guidance counselor and vice-principal as witnesses; my father authorized it, and it was better than being suspended and screwing up my classes for a week.

On an unrelated note, if anyone can find that post I did or help me with the dang search function here, that would be awesome.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I use a search engine to find things on ATS.
I google searched for
hypntick paddled site:www.abovetopsecret.com

Is this the post you were looking for?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join