It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Allows Spanking in Classrooms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26651913]rickymouse[/

Evidently since you only got spanked once, the spanking deterred your bad behavior in school for a period of time....so it worked.

No, it only fueled my distrust for authority 😳
edit on 28-8-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

imo, the best thing a parent could do for a child is to let them know that you would never allow someone or even personally try to beat them into submission.

If they’ve done something wrong, then just calmly explain why your disappointed in them, then take there iPhone or PlayStation away for a week.

Just getting angry and beating the piss out them, isn’t going to do any good for them in the long run.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Riddle me this..

And.. keep in mind I was spanked in school as a child one time and I am STILL bitter about it.
Missouri is allowing paddling with parental permission.

Riddle me this…
If a child gets paddled and they fight back is it self defense?

#2 if a teen/child gets paddled and they like it, is it sexual assault?

Let’s face it, we live in a different world with different kids!

PS> I did not deserve the spanking I got. If I could go back I would have popped that teacher in her face!
That’s me healing my inner wounded child! 😂

No child expert in behaviour will recommend physical violence, so what we have here is the parents have given up.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
All liberals' goal in life is to be able to do ANYTHING they would like without fear of repercussion .
Anywhere, anytime.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
All liberals' goal in life is to be able to do ANYTHING they would like without fear of repercussion .
Anywhere, anytime.

Not all #ed up parents are liberal in fact they may not partake of politics at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Anywhere, anytime.

Having an adult touch my ass is not proper punishment.

As you’ve read from small snippets on here, many times it wasn’t punishment, it was abuse.
There are other ways to teach consequences to actions.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Anywhere, anytime.

As you’ve read from small snippets on here, many times it wasn’t punishment, it was abuse.

Why are is the other poster correlating physical/sexual abuse with being liberal. Liberal in what sense? Liberal with their mental illness?

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's like idiots that think hitting a dog yields obedience and learning.

When the fact of the matter is rewarding the beast when it does well tends to produce far better results.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's like idiots that think hitting a dog yields obedience and learning.

When the fact of the matter is rewarding the beast when it does well tends to produce far better results.

Right on, man.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Just saying, these online forums can learn a great deal from positive reinfocement.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Anywhere, anytime.

Not all #ed up parents are liberal in fact they may not partake of politics at all.

Whether or not they "partake" in politics , my statement still stands .

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Anywhere, anytime.

Spoken like a true liberal.
There can be no physical touching by the administrator of the punishment.

Your turn .
edit on 8/28/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Anywhere, anytime.

It stands on quivering knees.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Back in Lubbock In jr. High, Mr. Ricky the history teacher paddled Dwyane much harder and longer than necessary for the infraction. When Dwyane was a freshmen in high school and a big strong teen, he took his revenge on Mr. Ricky after a football game. Mr. Ricky swallowed a few teeth, retired and left town. It's a good thing because Mr. Ricky made a lot of enemies during his time at Van Buren jr. high and a lot of kids had long memories of his abuse and wanted a piece of that abusive SOB. Dwyane was famous after that.
edit on 28-8-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Back in Lubbock In jr. High, Mr. Ricky the history teacher paddled Dwane much harder and longer than necessary for the infraction. When Dwane was a freshmen in high school and a big strong teen, he took his revenge on Mr. Ricky after a football game. Mr. Ricky swallowed a few teeth, retired and left town. It's a good thing because Mr. Ricky made a lot of enemies during his time at Van Buren jr. high and a lot of kids had long memories of his abuse.

You assume the rage was based on that experience, Dwayne had a lot of living life after that. You can't speculate.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Anywhere, anytime.

Only to liberals , who always deny their own liberalism .

(Shhh , I used to be a "hardcore" liberal)

Your turn .
edit on 8/28/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Anywhere, anytime.

Only to liberals , who always deny their own liberalism .

(Shhh , I used to be a "hardcore" liberal)

I am Green and a budding scientist, I deny your #.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: DBCowboy

imo, the best thing a parent could do for a child is to let them know that you would never allow someone or even personally try to beat them into submission.

If they’ve done something wrong, then just calmly explain why your disappointed in them, then take there iPhone or PlayStation away for a week.

Just getting angry and beating the piss out them, isn’t going to do any good for them in the long run.

Take away your iPhone???

Dark man, very dark.

What's next?

No hugs for a day?

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Back in Lubbock In jr. High, Mr. Ricky the history teacher paddled Dwane much harder and longer than necessary for the infraction. When Dwane was a freshmen in high school and a big strong teen, he took his revenge on Mr. Ricky after a football game. Mr. Ricky swallowed a few teeth, retired and left town. It's a good thing because Mr. Ricky made a lot of enemies during his time at Van Buren jr. high and a lot of kids had long memories of his abuse.

You assume the rage was based on that experience, Dwayne had a lot of living life after that. You can't speculate.

I'm not assuming anything. Dwyane was a friend of mine and obsessed about kicking Mr. Ricky's ass.

You reap what you sow....in small town Texas.
edit on 28-8-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'm not assuming anything. Dwyane was a friend of mine and obsessed about kicking Mr. Ricky's ass.

Your reap what you sow....in small town Texas.

Do Texans obsess a lot and not rationalize as intelligent humans (opposed to great apes)?

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join