It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin is about to win a shocking victory

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Grimpachi

What do you think russias goals are?

The third will never be complete unless the nationalized rightwing groups are destroyed.

Didn't Zelenskyy just suspend (March) his main opposition party...as well as ten other competing political parties in Ukraine?
Most (if not all) of the suspended parties were left-wing.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

What do you think russias goals are?

The third will never be complete unless the nationalized rightwing groups are destroyed.

Didn't Zelenskyy just suspend (March) his main opposition party...as well as ten other competing political parties in Ukraine?
Most (if not all) of the suspended parties were left-wing.

Yup, he also consolidated and nationalized all the media in Ukraine. In fact, before anything can be reported by outside media it has to go through one of his offices to be approved first.

At least one reported became very familiar with the SBU and not in a good way after reporting that the city he was in was struck by a missile. Not that he knew exactly where just that one hit somewhere. He is now banned from Ukraine.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Do you 2 really want to get into opposition parties and who was banned by who?

How many Putin critics did Putin murder?
How many opponents to Putin were arrested, had a sham trial and were sentenced to prison?
How many independent media outlets did Putin close down in Russia?
Why does Russia need a law to punish anyone critical of the war?
Why does Russia need a law that sends people to prison for 15+ years for calling it a "war" in Ukraine?

Do you 2 really want to go down your idiotic path with your comments?

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: M5xaz

Now your making # up in order to support your bull# argument.

Typical and not surprising.

NO!

I gave you facts and references.
But that and history all goes above your little head...stick to CNN....

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Maybe you should find someone who can read to read it and explain it to you.

* - Respect Belarusian, Kazakh and Ukrainian independence and sovereignty in the existing borders.
* - Refrain from the threat or the use of force against Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine.
* - Refrain from using economic pressure on Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine to influence their politics.
* - Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used".
* - Refrain from the use of nuclear arms against Belarus, Kazakhstan or Ukraine.
* - Consult with one another if questions arise regarding those commitments.

Russia did not respect Ukraine's independence and sovereignty of the existing borders.
Russia threatened the use of force against Ukraine, and then invaded starting in 2014.
Russia use economic pressure in an attempt to keep Ukraine under their control.
Russia invaded Ukraine when they held the UN Presidency starting the month they invaded.
Russia used its veto to prevent any action by the UNSC against Russian action.
Russia has threatened to use nukes.
Russia did not consult anyone if they had issue with Ukraine.

In addition Russia violated the UN Charter, specifically Chapter VII, article 51.

Do I need to find someone who can read and explain it to you or are you sticking with your failed argument that it doesn't apply (which is typical of people such as yourself to ignore facts that undermine your bull# argument).

I gave you facts

Origin of the conflict was the russian minority in Ukraine, composing 30% of the population, having their language rights removed.

This conflict did NOT start with an invasion, despite your BS above the Budapest agreement is not relevant.
Idiotic arguement
It's like saying the NORAD agreement has an impact on Quebec separatism in Canada

Read a book sometime
You are the one producing BS - projection issues, kid, get help

You already admitted having comprehension issues.
Stick to comic books
edit on 31-5-2022 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   
DP

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That is some serious whataboutism you have going on there.

Do you think the crappy things that happen in Russia make the crappy things in Ukraine OK?

Are you excusing the authoritarian dictatorship actions of one country because of the authoritarian dictatorship actions of another?

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
a reply to: Nothin
I have to wonder why you read and then contribute a thread that you hold in such low regard.

I have seen no convincing footage of any warfare and have to wonder why.
Wonder that myself sometimes... LoL !!

Maybe just scanning the rubble, for those oh-so rare gems.

Hoping for some bit of info, that resonates with me as being at least partially truthful, whatever that means ?

Don't understand why so many, are so quick, to believe proven liars ?

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

and I gave you facts that you dont like so you ignore them or try to argue they have no application when they do.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Not whataboutisms but facts. The fact you are trying to deflect tells me im over the target. You want to dismiss the fact because you want to protect Putin and somehow attempt to differentiate what he does and what you accuse Zelenksyy of doing.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Phantom423

Where are these Nazis? I haven't seen anyone flying a swastika, rounding up Jews and Gypsies or building concentration camps. Maybe some white supremacists but not monopolizing the country.

Are you claiming that the definition of a Nazi is someone who rounds up Jews and Gypsies or builds concentration camps?

As for flying a swastika. The Ukrainazis do that.

I'm just asking a question. You seem to have knowledge about the situation. Where are these Nazi's?. Nazis has a foundation in fascism and racism. I don't see it anywhere in the Ukraine.

Not sure what you mean by the flag. Doesn't look like a swastika to me.

This is a serious question. I'm not being facetious. I have cousins in the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. They're Russian. That's how they identify. They don't know where these Nazis are either.

So please enlighten me. Where are these Nazis?

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

I am glad you have the patience for it.

When I see someone saying that funding and prolonging a war is somehow preventing WW3 I don't even know where to begin with that.

War™ is Peace™.

Billions of NPC drones, loving their servitude.

Do what you are told, and never doubt our gracious Benefactors™, and Caretakers™.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That is pretty funny that you claim I am deflecting.

Your whataboutism is a deflection. It is your attempt to dismiss the crap being done by Ukraine.

You can't bring yourself to condemn both countries but I can.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   

How many opponents to Putin were arrested, had a sham trial and were sentenced to prison?
Why does Russia need a law that sends people to prison for 15+ years for calling it a "war" in Ukraine?

Question:
Does the above disprove what they are discussing?

Are you even claiming the info to be false or just that russia also does heinous things to a greater extent?

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   

So Putin and Zelenskyy have some rather nasty things in common...and we are now supporting a blossoming fascist dictatorship.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I think Putin has been that since forever ago so its not really blossoming.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Nothing I wrote disproves any of the accusation against Putin. It just gets old when people concentrate on a persons actions, attacking the person, only to watch them ignore the very things they attacked when its a person they worship.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   

again another deflection..

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Nothing I wrote disproves any of the accusation against Putin. It just gets old when people concentrate on a persons actions, attacking the person, only to watch them ignore the very things they attacked when its a person they worship.

That logic is double edged X.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yup but sometimes it worth the risk.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join