It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 320
<< 317  318  319    321  322  323 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Those things should be stripped of armament and gifted to Ukrainian farmers for use as heavy duty tractors.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Most definitely

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: gortex

Ukranians need to tell the troops on the russian side,toss away your weapons and join us to overthrow their former master Putin if they want to defect/desert.

Zelenskyy's nightly address seems to reflect your suggestion.

In his nightly address, he said: "What is Russia fighting for? Every citizen of Russia knows - even if many do not admit it, they know for sure - that it is Russia that brings evil.

"Ukraine guarantees every Russian soldier who surrenders three things.
First, you will be treated in a civilized manner, in accordance with all conventions.

"Second, no one will know the circumstances of your surrender, no one in Russia will know that your surrender was voluntary.

"And third, if you are afraid to return to Russia and do not want an exchange, we will find a way to ensure this as well."
news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
The Russian army would probably be better off marching on Moscow. Would be easier. They could pay Pooty a visit and mount a coup while they're at it...

Is the Russian army and wider state security capable of staging a coup? The army does not seem to be able to manage the proverbial p1ss up in a brewery.

Like all authoritarian despots, Putin has surrounded himself with an echo chamber and people who also have their hands dirty. They will all be fighting for survival at some point, but the leaders will be too afraid to act. It must be a frigid paranoid top-table meeting Putin holds!

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A smart move from Zelenskyy and the Australia Defence Association sums up the situation nicely on Twitter. But after the fighting ends, if the related Russian POWs don't face war crime trials, I hope Ukraine fulfils their pledge to these men. In return for sanctuary, they could provide labour involved with post-war reconstruction.

Tweet

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I wonder how long it will take for the people who disagreed with Putin's reasoning for the war in Ukraine on Russian propaganda outlets to fall down steep stairs or out windows (murdered by Putin's regime)?

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

My guess, 1 week to 3 months .

Putin simply cant tolerate much disagreentments, maybe from few in he`s inner circle, but from others it`s dangerous, and that`s how Putin rules also , with fear. Gravity is a bitch in Russia..

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Lavrov at his UN Press Conference compares Russians leaving Russia to the EU's freedom of movement (@14.50)

Sergey , you made me laugh.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I got this from Kamil Galeev

@kamilkazani

Everything. Police, National Guard, FSO, FSB. Everything centralised & obedient to Moscow.

Let's be honest, the main job of Soviet/Russian state security is not controlling toothless opposition, which can't do anything anyway. It's controlling the army. And it is doing this job perfectly well. At the cost of the army's efficiency of course but who cares

high ranks of the state are reportedly constantly monitored by the FSO - basically Putin's massive bodyguards service.

FSB - Federal Security Service (state security)
FSO - Federal Protective Service (overblown bodyguards service)

So all top army folks are monitored by FSO , because Putin fears coup from army.

Federal Protective Service (Russia)

National Guard of Russia ( Rosgvardiya )

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

They are estimating 150000 killed or wounded i think it is higher than that or they wouldn't need to call up 300000 and in truth appears to be more.

To be honest I'm worried about where this is leading its beginning to look like a total collapse of the Russian Federation is possible. They have Nukes that will go up for sale during the collapse wouldn't be surprised if Ukraine buys some. But I can also see groups like the Taliban with all that new equipment deciding adding nukes might be a good thing. Its going to be a miracle if Putin makes it into next year and without him there is no government. He made sure of that.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They are planning or at least " wanting " to make several rounds of 300000 to be mobilized ..like close to 1 million, but i have doubts is it even possible, and why even would need if they dont have other than AK 47 to give for them .

But there is quite a difference between these new mobilized and the group that started in February, so these new are not nearly as good , not even close probably .

People are allready now quite unhappy in Dagestan with this mobilization , this can spiral to chaos fast if Moscow orders shoot the protestors .

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Demographic impacts of mobilisation on Russia.

The Russian economists Maxim Mironov (@mironov_fm) and Oleg @itskhoki (of IE University and UCLA respectively) have published an important thread estimating the likely demographic impacts of mobilisation on Russia. A translation follows

Translation: the whole thing is a complete and total catastrophe for Russia that will cause significant long-term issues for the country.
Not that Putin gives a damn.
edit on 25-9-2022 by AngryCymraeg because: Clarified

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

somebody needs to happen mr. fartin.
his ego is not gonna let him lose.

new topics

top topics

<< 317  318  319    321  322  323 >>

join