It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 317
<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

The US shares a border with Russia and has for over a hundred years.

Your point?

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Yeah I've watched the video and yes they seem to have cut off Russian troops yet again. Wonder if this will create the same domino effect as before as Russians flee for their lives. The funniest thing I saw though was the UN. The Russians stormed out of the room and gave props to the Ukrain ambassador for trolling. When Lavrov walked away he said we see that Russian politicians are like Russian troops they flee.

I haven't seen any info that they are actually cut off yet, but Ukraine sure seems to be threatening that right now.

Yes, the russians will run, and it will lead to a domino effect of some size.

They really wouldn't have any other choice, which is what the Ukrainian strategy has been trying to achieve.

Sounds like some fun at the UN!

I haven't been paying attention much but I'll I'll definately look for what you described!

edit on 23-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Oh dear... *RUSSIA's* finest, folks.

At least Ukraine has little to worry about... I think the short training is gonna have to be longer than they anticipate with that lot. If they survive being given covid by the one thats coughing all the time, but hey that 5(?) liter bottle of vodka will protect them... or get them into a lethal drunk fight after its run out by day 2.
edit on 23-9-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Sep 23 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

The absence of Reserved Occupations is madness and will have flow-on effects. The Russian economy and Putin's regime might self-destruct at the same time. Russia could face ethnic minorities in revolt, economic meltdown and a power vacuum. Alongside defeat in Ukraine, the prospect of a second Russian Civil War and additional breakaway ethnic groups is profoundly concerning.

Besides the risk of Putin employing nuclear weapons in Ukraine, he might use weapons of mass destruction against the Russian people.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Ha ha....reminds me of some of the trips I've been on.
More like a jolly boys outing to Blackpool than recruits going to war.

What still no-one has explained to me is, the repeated claims about Russia keeping their best in reserve; WHY?
What is the point of that?

Putin claims he wants to end this swiftly; by sending old men with diabetes, young kids with no military training at all, convicted convicts etc?

But his so called, best troops are still nowhere to be seen?

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

"But his so called, best troops are still nowhere to be seen?"

What's left of most of russia's elite divisions are hopelessly stuck on the wrong side of a river.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
More russian phone intercepts

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Look at if from their viewpoint. They're being forced to go to a deadly situation. Might as well drink and 'make merry', Russian-style.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

What still no-one has explained to me is, the repeated claims about Russia keeping their best in reserve; WHY?

Beyond the shills for Russia, too many in the CT world convinced themselves that Putin was a genius. Now, faced with facts that he is not, they refuse to abandon their notions and have doubled down on their assertions that he'll win this in grand fashion.

As for Putin's 'genius'. In the past, he has been shrewd and he is cunning. But that is not 'genius'.

ETA: Any regular troops of decent quality the Russians have left IMO are deployed along the southern and Chinese borders.

Cheers
edit on 24-9-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   
23 September Update

Key Takeaways

* Russian partial mobilization efforts are suffering from serious and systemic problems in their first days, generating popular resentment and setting conditions to produce a mobilized reserve force incapable of accomplishing the tasks Russian President Vladimir Putin has set for it.

* Protests, attacks against recruiting centers, and vandalism have occurred across Russia in the first 48 hours after the announcement of partial mobilization.

* Ukrainian forces continued to advance north and northwest of Lyman.

* Ukrainian forces continued their interdiction campaign in Kherson Oblast and maintained operational silence regarding Ukrainian progress on the axis.

* Russian forces continued to launch unsuccessful assaults near Bakhmut and northwest of Donetsk City.

* Ukrainian forces reportedly shot down an Iranian-made Mohajer-6 drone in an unspecified area of the Black Sea, likely near Odesa.

* Russian occupation authorities began the voting period for their sham annexation referenda on September 23 with overt coercion and falsified turnout numbers.

* Russian occupation authorities remained on high alert to prevent partisan attacks against sham election workers, polling stations, and government facilities.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Yep, seem like nothing they do now makes any sense / benefit for Russia .

That would be another level madnes if they used nuclear weapons inside Russia . It could be false flag thought, pretending that NATO /US is attacking....but i doubt they will go to that.

The economic downforce is also bad news for China, who is relying to Russian gas / oil ...what is XI thinking if it start look like the ship is going to submerge.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It look`s like putin did not get the memo, this mobilization will be another failure .

A brief Twitter thread: what I think of #Russia's capability to even arm its reservists properly.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Apparently, everything the Russian state does is arbitrary and chaotic.

Reports are 40,000 Russians are now in Georgia, fleeing Putin's conscription. They knew how it would go down and understood the official description of what would happen was balderdash.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I noticed that several russian Tubers left the country last week.

They knew.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

That`s quite big group of Russians , they were smart ...Thanks to internet they probably have been reading Months about this Putins campaign , so did not want to be personnally involved in it.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   
From Kenzo's twitter link.

By now, there is photographic evidence of the loss of 1155 Russian main battle tanks, of which 693 are destroyed and 386 have been captured by the Ukrainians. These are lost for good, and real losses are almost certainly higher than what has been confirmed from open sources.

twitter.com...

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join