It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 322
<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

This will be something Russian society would not want to see, more internal instability.

Look`s like some mobilized get zero days training, at least Admiral James Stavridis, USN, Ret. tweet so...

CORRECTION. Earlier reports suggesting that Russian conscripts get only one day of training before being sent to front may be incorrect. New report says they get ZERO days.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
MOEX Russia Index is going down.

MOEX Russia Index

Lasti time it was about that was February , the mobilization not helping really.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Note to the international reader: Russians don't require a visa for travel to Georgia. Article

A 180 Euro bribe to Russian border officials or guards, plus travel costs to Georgia, is one sample of how men flee Russia. Ultimately, the individuals or families who can't afford to pay bribes to officialdom will see front-line duties in Ukraine.

Also, I wonder if Georgia will suffer political instability from the influx of Russians, many of who remain supporters of Putin's regime.

edit on 26-9-2022 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2022 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

So they bribe to get Georgia , 180 euro is quite small price to avoid draft. I think there is probabbly too much Russians in Georgia so instability could come as issue.

There are quite a lot familys that are poor there , and get mobilized . Same time Putin is rumored to have billions of fortune, with luxury palace in Sochi and other places.

This is also some sort of karma, Russians should get rid Putin long time ago...now it hit`s back.

Mobilization Shorted Russian Market By 2.5 Trillion Rubles

edit on 26-9-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

If you change the chart shown on your link form the 1 day to a 1 month view, you can see a sharp decline from September 2021 to now.

The longer term chart shows it has lost 50 percent of its value in the past year. The moex is back to where it was 5 years ago.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrable

Look`s so yes now that i changed to 1 month.

It was over 4200 in oct 20.2021....so over half down from that .Quite a ride eh ...

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Excluding Mick Ryan, analysis of the war in Ukraine on Twitter, I found the following take thought-provoking. Chris's assessment is built around the Ukrainians adapting Deep Battle and manoeuvre doctrines.

Soviet military planners conceived Deep Battle and the practice of consecutive operations in the 1930s. But Stalin's purgers claimed their share of the Soviet Army's forward thinkers. So that partially explains why the Soviets didn't master those concepts until 1944. In July 1944, German land forces faced annihilation from the Soviet offensives across multiple fronts.

Following the related line of reasoning: The Russians lack mobile reserves to meet the Ukainains main efforts or the logistical means to support hedgehog or broader front line positions. A hedgehog position is where the defenders are tasked with covering a 360 degrees ark. So after the Russians run out of ammo or water, they face the risk of encirclement.

Alternately, the Russians spread out their forces in a distance-thin line, leaving weak spots for the Ukrainians to expose. Notable, despite having more tanks than the Germans, the French paid the price of defeat for not amassing their tanks in 1940.

Lastly, I suspect the Russians lose more tanks to fuel shortages or lack of maintenance than to combat losses. So Russian tank crews are killed in action, taken POW or left to retreat on foot after abandoning their ageing hardware.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They send the museum trucks ....man those are old .

“Chelyabinsk railway station yesterday. KrAZ models of the 60s

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The logistical support for Russians, i wonder what they will do, or how ?

Russia Mobilizes Quarter-Million Men, Ukraine Shrugs, Fights On

With winter coming, both sides will have to think about the logistical challenges that lie ahead. Ukraine expects Western aid to help it weather the cold months ahead, while Russia has longer supply lines to feed. Massing troops on the front will likely only aggravate those challenges and might force Russia to decide whether to give priority to supplies for troops or ammunition for the conflict.

“This winter, Russian forces will face the same dilemma as German forces invading Russia in 1941, that is do you deliver ammunition and fuel or will it be food and clothes, because logistics will already be less robust,” said Mr. Bielieskov. “We’ve destroyed thousands of their trucks.”

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The use of riverine operations to support land battles in eastern Europe goes back to the early 1900s at least.

Hungary still had a "navy" in World War II that was completely river based.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

One may imagine the conversations going on between the new conscripts, the veterans, and the officers.

In 1944, there was much protest in the U.S. Army as to how the individual replacements system introduced new soldiers into the front line.

They didn't know anyone in the unit and were avoided by the veterans who feared the newbies would make a mistake that would get them both killed.

The new men took abnormally high casualties as a result. And they had had MONTHS of training beforehand.

I can't believe this one day of training nonsense will work out well for Russia.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I can't believe this one day of training nonsense will work out well for Russia.

Cheers

Why?. Think of the money Russia is saving on the disposal of ancient military hardware and the treatment of tens of thousands of its people for alcoholism.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Might be an uptick in fragging of officers on the front line.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This definitely not normal in Russia.

15 dead and 24 wounded in a school shooting.

Shooter (now dead) wore a t-shirt with Nazi symbols (a red swastika, reportedly).

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Jeez this is depressing-Live stream of moscow,lines of buses being slowly filled with protesters by riot cops..
I feel bad for how those people are going to be treated having read previous reports.
Many of them are teenage girls.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeeh and there must be limited amount of officers now in RF frontlines...the new conscripts will take their time also, making more job for officers.

Maybe this will be epic soon , epic cluster f or something.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I thought all the Nazis were in Ukraine?

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
This definitely not normal in Russia.

15 dead and 24 wounded in a school shooting.

Shooter (now dead) wore a t-shirt with Nazi symbols (a red swastika, reportedly).

Cheers

These tragedies are a political tool in USA to try to confiscate our guns, it doesn't work too well, but this should get many people to support fighting the Nazi in Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I thought all the Nazis were in Ukraine?

You are not very good at strategy, false flags or chess are you?

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Why?

Shouldn't you be supporting de-Nazifying Russia?

new topics

top topics

<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join