It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 318
<< 315  316  317    319  320  321 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I have sent you a PM.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   

The similarities are so numerous as to be curiously weird.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Roger, reply send

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The Russian neo-nazi group telegram channel we talked here earlyer seems to have been now removed , because the content was so brutal / terrorism related.

#Apple asked #Telegram to remove a bunch of Russian terrorist, disinformation & propaganda accounts or risk being booted off of the App Store. Telegram complied

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

This is amazing even with Russian standart if this is true :

Is it bad of me, that the moment i saw that rifle I laughed, while also frowning and grinning all at once...

God, I guess that answers the question about what is ruZZia gonna equip all these troops with... if those are the guns WTF is the ammo like?

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Anyone who is familiar with AK’s knows you can drag one through the mud and dirt all day long and it will still fire off rounds down range. As long as the bolt can move to the rear it will work, although ugly as it is. Try that with an M-4/16

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigfootNZ

originally posted by: Kenzo

This is amazing even with Russian standart if this is true :

Is it bad of me, that the moment i saw that rifle I laughed, while also frowning and grinning all at once...

God, I guess that answers the question about what is ruZZia gonna equip all these troops with... if those are the guns WTF is the ammo like?

That's what gets me too. I know that a lot of people have been bemoaning the fact that the Russian Army has literally billions of rounds in storage, along with millions of shells, but a) if it's not stored properly then you're going to get a hell of a lot of mis-fires due to rust and b) artillery shells have to be tested every few decades to make sure that the explosive/propellant hasn't degraded and therefore isn't likely to explode in the barrel.
They're giving out a lot of old equipment and ammunition to men who haven't picked up a rifle in a decade or more, give them little if any re-training and then throwing them into action, if they can even get them there (and feed them along the way). They're literal cannon fodder. This is madness.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

They're AK's, they'll probably still work lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

Anyone who is familiar with AK’s knows you can drag one through the mud and dirt all day long and it will still fire off rounds down range. As long as the bolt can move to the rear it will work, although ugly as it is. Try that with an M-4/16

That may be... but the moral damage to a soldier being handed one of those as your expected to go fight in a war. If they werent already reluctant, seeing that would knock the feet from under you completely.

An utter confidence killer.
edit on 24-9-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

I never even see AK`s that i remember...

If those rusty guns still work i am impressed
But it would have been easy task to store those in proper way, without getting rust , so i am not impressed how their way of doing things .

This might be because corruption, someone from RF selled the newer AK`s to some third World conflict..

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Another...this one shows rust in AK`s magazine. If the rust is also inside magazine it might jam ?

Another video of the issuance of weapons for the "second army of the world"

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigfootNZ

originally posted by: 38181

That may be... but the moral damage to a soldier being handed one of those as your expected to go fight in a war. If they werent already reluctant, seeing that would knock the feet from under you completely.

An utter confidence killer.

Or maybe a motivator to kill their opponents and get their good weapons?
edit on 24-9-2022 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Rusty AK`s

Igor Girkin twitter

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

And ammo . I never seen these rusty AK`s in midle east or other places .

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Mostly surface rust on the top guard and magazine, those things always rust fast even with oil.must be pretty humid there. The receiver portion doesn’t look too bad and I’m sure the inside is oiled up, I was hoping to see him pull the bolt back, that would be a sure sign if it was junk or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Yeeh , ok find this video, look`s like those really work even with rust or no oil lol

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Margarita Simonyan, editor-in-chief of propaganda Russia Today is not happy how the mobilization has been done.

Russian propagandist Simonyan in hysterics: they are trying to mobilize everyone without busting

You can read directly from her telegram also ( google translate on )

@margaritasimonyan Telegram channel

She is editor in chief of state run media, so this put this all to another level of dissatisfaction ,

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Putin has this week doubled the amount of prison time a soldier can expect to serve from 5 years to 10 should they refuse to fight, desert, disobey orders or surrender to Ukraine , previously 5 years now doubled to 10.

Russian troops who refuse to fight, desert, disobey orders or surrender to Ukraine could now face up to 10 years in prison.

The new law was signed by Russian President Vladimir Putin on Saturday, local media reports.

It was approved earlier in the week by the Houses of Parliament.

Previously, deserting troops had faced five years in prison.

However, there have been widespread reports of Russian soldiers in Ukraine refusing to fight - or fleeing the country to avoid being called up.
news.sky.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 315  316  317    319  320  321 >>

join