It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 2

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Some M777s and some non-US SPGs have been destroyed, I don't think anyone is disputing that.

This is mostly due to 4 factors:

1 - They are being used closer to the front than HIMARS more often.

2 - Platform mobility is severely reduced when compared to HIMARS.

3 - Ukraine doesn't have certain high tech rounds for 777/SPG that use rapid flight maneuvers to defeat counter batter radars.

4 - We gave Ukraine HIMARS decoy tech that was designed well in advanced and appear to be effective in fooling russians.

None of these platforms are magic or immune to russian attacks, but they are sitting right inside one of russia's well known weaknesses, exploiting what they can until russia develops a counter to them, which they don't appear to be close to doing.

These 4 limitations are eliminated for HIMARS, and this is the exact reason russia is having trouble hitting them, well that and the typical russian range and precision issues.

edit on 17-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789

I may be wrong but I seem to recall there a few other countries within NATO that operate that ordnance so the potential for other allies to provide a few "under the table", without the publicity, is pretty high. I think Romania is one and maybe Turkey?
Poland ordered some ATACMS but I don't think they have them yet. Turkey already has some, but the fact that they came from Turkey instead of directly from the US might not prevent escalation if Ukraine chooses to use them deep inside Russia. Interesting idea though.

I'm not sure how scared we should be of the war escalating seeing how impotent the Russian military appears, but I suppose they are afraid Putin may be crazy enough to use nukes if he's backed into a corner. Ukraine would likely use the ATACMS in Crimea, and Putin is already claiming that is "Russian territory" so he would claim it's an attack against Russia.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that one of this thread's original sources went dark yesterday?

"The War In Ukraine" Youtube channel was run by a native russian with personal military experience (pretty sure he was an officer) and a lot of great front line russian military sources. Not sure where he was operating from.

He has a pretty obvious bias towards russian military tech and tactics, but not towards putin's invasion of Ukraine, and made great efforts to deliver honest and unbiased reports and analysis every single day until yesterday.

About a week ago he started saying subtle things that russia would not like, and I started sensing a little fear or stress in his voice.

5 days ago he suddenly stopped his mid day positional updates, and last night, for the first time in over 200 days, he did not upload a video.

No idea what it means, I hope it doesn't have anything to do with his recent comments putting him in danger from russia.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
a reply to: BigfootNZ

What concerns me is the possible reasoning behind those deluded individuals and others like them spewing that propaganda line. It would seem they are preparing their audience to support Russia employing chemical and nuclear weapons in Ukraine and perhaps against NATO member countries. Of course, Russian propaganda efforts concerning their war in Ukraine are equally terrible and ridiculous, but it always serves a purpose.

I have the same concerns now, I normally laugh it off, but the things they said, and the way they said it this time (along with recent other videos of them saying almost the same thing. This is a step up from simply impotently threatening nukes) makes me rub my chin and Hmmm loudly, definitely feels like grooming their public for some possibility in the future... hopefully the feeling is just that a feeling, but its worrying me this time where before (even up to a week ago) id just 'pffft' and say they'd never dare.

That being said ive seen videos of ruZZians (or dare i say Russians) inside moscow lately being interviewed in a round about way about the war, and the majority of youth (20 somethings) seem to be against or at least willing to almost admit out loud they are against the war... so who knows, maybe they'll stand up against it if it gets to close to happening.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Wait until Finland sends their vehicles that ride the treetops in forests

Cheers

Looks like the civilian versions are almost here!

youtu.be...

edit on 17-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Oh looks some of them are now saying if they want to win they should own the rep they got for Bucha...

And it appears empathy and horror at atrocities is a strength that should be exploited as a weakness in the fight.
edit on 17-9-2022 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtEsquire

When was 12 years old went with my friend and his father on their boat to a nearby lake

While launching saw one of those amphibious cars - the owner just drove it in water and then engaged the prop drive to
travel in the water

Was really cool

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   

At the moment the Ukrainians are massing around that nuclear plant, it is as if they want to blow it up, by rights it should be a no go zone as far as conflict. If it gets blown that's another Diasater. and it will be American rockets that did the deed.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

At the moment the Ukrainians are massing around that nuclear plant, it is as if they want to blow it up, by rights it should be a no go zone as far as conflict. If it gets blown that's another Diasater. and it will be American rockets that did the deed.

Russian troops are in control of it. Nothing is going to happen. Japan has its reporters there so that's that. Its all BS being fed to you guys.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Omg
now that look`s like my new toy lol
very cool bike !

Expect, it will never be my toy, since no money to buy.

This brings memory to star wars yes ?

Hello, Star Wars: The US military wants to build hover-bikes

No doubt militarys will find use for those kind of bikes , maybe they allready have ...

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Another Russian TV freak show

Sheeeesh....the speaker was born in Ukraine but says they need to destroy whole infrastructure, and claims it`s all legitimate military targets.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Those are pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The one that russians have been launching attacks from?

Have any evidence of this troop buildup?

I've been watching a buildup a little east of there, but nothing that appears to be threatening the nuke plant.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Mass graves discovered in Izyum of handcuffed civilians, many with signs of torture and execution were 'victims of ukrainian shelling'.

Any russia supporter want to explain how that's possible?

Did russia have hundreds of civilians handcuffed for a torture session when Ukrainian artillery hit their torture dungeon?

Or is this news clip from russian tv 'fake western propaganda'?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   

They also found whole familys in Izium mass grave, as with young children also with family.

The barbariasm is astounding .

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Just do some broad spectrum searches and you should easily find your answer to what probably took place there . . . russian military aggression tends to be the same playbook wherever it takes place . . . look at Georgian atrocities. The thing is, the russians often use mercenaries and the like to avoid direct responsibility even though they oftenly are in direct command of the units in question with commanders on the ground in the combat area

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Although the war is confined to Ukraine, like the defeat of Germany (WW2) and the Confederacy (U.S. Civil War), the ending of the conflict or the fighting will entail the destruction of Russian forces. So the Russian survivors of Ukraine's current offensives will face annihilation during Russia's subsequent military disasters in that country.

IMO, military and political issues might arise when fighting closes in on Ukraine's Russian border. The Russian armed forces could regroup and employ artillery and airstrikes from behind their international border. So Ukrainian military planners have another matter to consider.

Current conditions don't permit the groundwork for an armistice or a peace settlement between Russia and Ukraine.

edit on 18-9-2022 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

They also found whole familys in Izium mass grave, as with young children also with family.

The barbariasm is astounding .

I've been intentionally staying away from all but the headlines in that story, having already surpassed my lifetime sadness limit researching other situations in Ukraine this year.

It's surreal watching this stuff coming from a supposedly modern country in close to real time.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11\
www.bitchute.com...
A Ukrainian civil war, but it seems business as normal in Donetsk the Ukrainians are shelling it like they have been doing for years. The locals tidy up and the normal continues.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

a reply to: xpert11
www.bitchute.com...
A Ukrainian civil war, but it seems business as normal in Donetsk the Ukrainians are shelling it like they have been doing for years. The locals tidy up and the normal continues.

Doesn't the russian military currently occupy Donetsk?

new topics

top topics

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join